Released From Prison. 39 Year Sentence.

autan

This story has given me a business idea (not drug dealing). How about a private investigation agency (employing farangs) acting on behalf of the Thai police to identify farang drug dealers?

It is certainly not an industry I would like to be involved with, but I think it could be commercially viable for someone with contacts with the relevant police chiefs (or the necessary Thai language skills and golf club membership to develop these contacts).

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

I thought that kind of thing was already going on. Didn`t Stickman write about it a while ago? And what about the TPVs?

Maybe, but it seems this guy went unnoticed for a long time

Who is Stickman? What are TPVs?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This story has given me a business idea (not drug dealing). How about a private investigation agency (employing farangs) acting on behalf of the Thai police to identify farang drug dealers?

It is certainly not an industry I would like to be involved with, but I think it could be commercially viable for someone with contacts with the relevant police chiefs (or the necessary Thai language skills and golf club membership to develop these contacts).

I thought that kind of thing was already going on. Didn`t Stickman write about it a while ago? And what about the TPVs?

Maybe, but it seems this guy went unnoticed for a long time

Who is Stickman? What are TPVs?

Google Stickman Bangkok. All will be revealed. TPVs? Tourist Police Volunteers.

Thats already existing and its a booming business.

The foreigners also setup bar girls and ask them to bring drugs to the short time hotel or where ever they plan to meet.

Very sad kind of people..

I really doubt he'll get back into Thailand. His plan to simply change his name and get a new passport sounds as well thought out as the plan that got him into trouble was!

From http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Passports/Applyingforyourfirstadultpassport/DG_174104

"If your name has changed and doesn't match your birth, naturalisation or registration certificates, you'll need to provide evidence of your name change. The Identity and Passport Service (IPS) will need to see documents showing both the date of and reason for your name change.

You must send original documents, not copies. IPS will accept laminated documents as proof of name changes...

...In all other cases, IPS will need to see your change of name deed. If you have changed your name more than once, you will need to send evidence of all changes of name."

He wants to start a business in Thailand to pay his dad back??? Is he thinking a Legal Business here?

What he needs to do is get a bloody job and work his butt off to pay back his dad, one wonders why he just didn't just ask his dad for a sub or a ticket home when he first run out of cash instead of selling drugs! neither of which would have amounted to 200,000 GBP or 39yrs in Jail !!

His dads probably arranging a loan for the 2 million baht now.

This blokes Father is as brainless as he is to shell out the dosh in the first place. Best way to teach Son a lesson would be to leave him to think about the shit he has done while stagnating inside a Thai jail. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

I really doubt he'll get back into Thailand. His plan to simply change his name and get a new passport sounds as well thought out as the plan that got him into trouble was!

From http://www.direct.go...sport/DG_174104

"If your name has changed and doesn't match your birth, naturalisation or registration certificates, you'll need to provide evidence of your name change. The Identity and Passport Service (IPS) will need to see documents showing both the date of and reason for your name change.

You must send original documents, not copies. IPS will accept laminated documents as proof of name changes...

...In all other cases, IPS will need to see your change of name deed. If you have changed your name more than once, you will need to send evidence of all changes of name."

The plan may be stupid but its 100% correct. Your link refers to a "first adult passport" , well he has already had that. Thereafter the fact that they have had a previous passport starts the identity chain. He doesn't even need a deed poll. A change of name form and a statement saying that he now wishes to be known as.......??? duly witnessed is all that is required.

Oops, how about this one: http://www.direct.go...sport/DG_174166

"IPS needs to see evidence of all your name changes. You must send original documents, not copies. IPS will accept laminated documents as proof of name changes.

You will need to send:

• completed application form
  • your current or last passport
  • two recent, identical photographs
  • and supporting documents as detailed below.

If you have already changed your name IPS will need to see documents showing the date of and reason for the name change.

If you have changed your name more than once IPS will need to see evidence of all changes. The documents must show a clear link between each change of name...

...In all other cases, IPS needs to see your change of name deed."

Edit: Now that I've read all that, it doesn't seem impossible; but I wonder how easily a convicted drug trafficker can get around the system...

Edited by jamesbrock

if this is all true ,plz show us the news of a UK farang being sentenced to 39 years in CMX for drug dealing ?

I would love to, in fact I am very tempted. My only problem with this as stated in my Opening Presentation. The "Ex Prisoner" is a friend of a friend of mine and I would certainly not want to lead any trails back to me. I would prefer being called a liar and being suspended on here than that, so sorry, no names.

I have to be very careful what I write, All I will say further is all the info given (except the alleged beatings) are fact and correct, the story behind the beatings may or maynot be true, because it is heresay.

I dare not reveal any more, in order if anything to save my own skin. But you may take this account as factually correct.

In England, you only need a "Change of Name deed". And a reason "Religous purposes or Personal Reasons".

I know what your thinking, no the OP isnt me and I am dying to give you all more info, but I would be identified as the source if this ever got back to his Dad. So "TEETH GRINDING".

Lets put it another way, if this bloke was on fire and you had a bucket of water next to you, then you might kick it over and watch him burn. BTW his DAD, who I have obviously met also is a nice person. Again I cannot say how he got the money, but it wasnt always there, if you catch my drift. Friend of a friend !!!!

In England, you only need a "Change of Name deed". And a reason "Religous purposes or Personal Reasons".

I know what your thinking, no the OP isnt me and I am dying to give you all more info, but I would be identified as the source if this ever got back to his Dad. So "TEETH GRINDING".

Lets put it another way, if this bloke was on fire and you had a bucket of water next to you, then you might kick it over and watch him burn. BTW his DAD, who I have obviously met also is a nice person. Again I cannot say how he got the money, but it wasnt always there, if you catch my drift. Friend of a friend !!!!

Fails to amaze me why you would even start a thread like this if you cannot, through threat to your life, provide evidence of it. I'm not saying it didn't happen, just don't know what you are sharing.

I can understand the sentence time discrepancy of 39 years; once repatronised to your country of origin to complete the sentence you fall under that country's system of good behavior, etc. It is also interesting about the name changes for new passport issues.

If it was just that you know some bad boys, then I'm impressed.

Nothing in this thread rings true and, given the OP's record on TV, I'm prepared to accept it for a load of bull at worst, or gross yarn-telling at best. There may be a kernel of truth there somewhere, but given there is no record of any UK citizen receiving a 39 year jail term on any of the normal places one would expect to find them, I'm prepared to dismiss it and devote no more time to it.

• Like 1

I on the other hand wouldn't be so quick to dimsiss the notion that the OP's story has some basis in fact, somewhere. It's not unusual for crimes committed by farangs and the associated sentencing in Thailand to go entirely unreported, it's just not newsworthy. So just because the item doesn't appear on page one of the Bangkok Post or similar it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I on the other hand wouldn't be so quick to dimsiss the notion that the OP's story has some basis in fact, somewhere. It's not unusual for crimes committed by farangs and the associated sentencing in Thailand to go entirely unreported, it's just not newsworthy. So just because the item doesn't appear on page one of the Bangkok Post or similar it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I think that's what I said. . . there may be an element of truth in it, but I think there is a lot of misrepresentation.

I can't believe for a second that a 39 year term on a UK subject didn't get coverage in the UK media, even if it's not newsworthy in Thailand. This is the internet age. Similarly, a release so early would have been newsworthy also.

The case that I know about personally - I've mentioned it before on here - got extensive coverage.

I think that's what I said. . . there may be an element of truth in it, but I think there is a lot of misrepresentation.

I can't believe for a second that a 39 year term on a UK subject didn't get coverage in the UK media, even if it's not newsworthy in Thailand. This is the internet age. Similarly, a release so early would have been newsworthy also.

The case that I know about personally - I've mentioned it before on here - got extensive coverage.

Only if you were a Daily Mail reader would you know such things. thumbsup.gif

I cant speak for all the prisons in Thailand, certainly in Bangkwang where I do visit periodically I have been told that foreigners were not beaten due to Embassies lodging strong objections.

The American Embassy is pretty proactive and they would never allow for their citizens to be beaten as many other embassies wouldnt.

The British Embassy wouldnt probably be aware of it due to the long gaps between visitswhistling.gif

Sounds as though father & son deserve each other, and quite frankly the Home Office shouldnt be issuing him with a new passport!

Maybe the fact that there are over **500** Brits in the Thai jails has something to do with it?

My understanding is they visit once a month before the trial and every six months after, seems fair to me. . .

If you don't have friends and family close enough to stick by you and help you out then you've lived a sad life indeed.

If this does exist who pays the fees? Seems doubtful to me that this could be profitable.

I cant speak for all the prisons in Thailand, certainly in Bangkwang where I do visit periodically I have been told that foreigners were not beaten due to Embassies lodging strong objections.

The American Embassy is pretty proactive and they would never allow for their citizens to be beaten as many other embassies wouldnt.

The British Embassy wouldnt probably be aware of it due to the long gaps between visitswhistling.gif

Sounds as though father & son deserve each other, and quite frankly the Home Office shouldnt be issuing him with a new passport!

Maybe the fact that there are over **500** Brits in the Thai jails has something to do with it?

My understanding is they visit once a month before the trial and every six months after, seems fair to me. . .

If you don't have friends and family close enough to stick by you and help you out then you've lived a sad life indeed.

If this does exist who pays the fees? Seems doubtful to me that this could be profitable.

The Australian Embassy visit far more frequently as do the Americans.

Its a hard one because there are a fair few prisons to visit thats for sure but all in all I have never been impressed with the British Embassy .

There are plenty more embassies that outshine in the humanities section, although since the appointment of an extremely nice Australian woman at the British Embassy, things tend to get done more than usual.

Waiting 6 months whilst a prisoner is an exceptionally long time when requiring medical treatment, and you would be surprised at how many people dont have friends or family to call upon in the hard times. I dont particularly believe "one has led a sad life", unfortunate/circumstances/distance/lack of resources may be more appropriate.

Edited by edwinclapham

There are nowhere near 500 Brits in Thai prisons. According to Richard Barrow a couple of years ago there were only 41 Brits imprisoned in Thailand, and I can't imagine it's increased much since then.

Here's the list:

1. Burma (5913 prisoners)

2. Cambodia (2310 prisoners)

3. Laos (2127 prisoners)

4. Malaysia (431 prisoners)

5. China (292 prisoners)

6. Ethnic Minorities (245 prisoners)

7. Singapore (109 prisoners)

8. Taiwan (109 prisoners)

9. Nigeria (87 prisoners)

10. Hong Kong (72 prisoners)

The farang nations are as follows:

17. United Kingdom (41 prisoners)

25. Germany (16 prisoners)

26. France (16 prisoners)

28. America (14 prisoners)

29. The Netherlands (13 prisoners)

30. Australia (11 prisoners)

There are nowhere near 500 Brits in Thai prisons. According to Richard Barrow a couple of years ago there were only 41 Brits imprisoned in Thailand, and I can't imagine it's increased much since then.

Here's the list:

I got the number from a Australian embassy worker last week, so perhaps he didn't have accurate information on the British situation.

He's caught in 2003, gone through the Thai court process, requested a transfer to the UK, been transferred to the UK, and been released, freely able to travel and freely able to change his name, all in less than 9 years after being given a 39 year sentence.

Right! rolleyes.gif

Edited by whybother

Here's the list:

I got the number from a Australian embassy worker last week, so perhaps he didn't have accurate information on the British situation.

... an Aussie suggesting all Brits are criminals; normally it is the other way around

if this is all true ,plz show us the news of a UK farang being sentenced to 39 years in CMX for drug dealing ?

If the alleged indecent had been in the Taksin Area. maybe he would have been shot or had the death sentence passed. I have no sympathy with drug dealers or stupid people who put The population of the UK in harms way, By selling their passport. because that's where the passports is going. He would not be fit to hold another passport, and i doubt if he got one again ,because the passport is the property of the crown/ county not the persons, and it can be with drawn at any time without reason.