Where To Buy Grass Seed In Bkk?

This seems to be a never ending story. Try: http://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1114#p8644

I have sown grass seeds at daily temperatures of above 30 C but in doing so you must keep the soil visibly moist constantly. depending on the mixture you might have difficulties getting it to germinate at temperatures over 35 C (dormancy).

Why do you want seeds may I ask? The preparation for seeding or laying turf is about the same, and you can get turf for 40 Baht / M2.

• 1 month later...

Malaysia grass (Broadleaf carpet grass Axonopus compressus Yaa Malaya (Thai) is a rich wide leaved grass that has no viable seed. It can be purchased in rolls or one can just plant stiolons. It is the best grass in Thailand for growing under trees and in shady areas.

Yaa Nuan Noi (Zoysia spp) is the most popular grass for home lawns in Thailand. I don't like it. It is coarse on one's feet, becomes very turfy and encourages every weed to grow in its turf. It does not set viable seed hence you can plant rolls. Another reason I don't like it is because of its light green color. Likes full sunlight.

Queensland blue couch. No seed available from Australia at the moment. It does make a very nice tropical lawn. My lawen is QBC.

Bermuda grasses (Cynodon dactylon Yaa preak Thai). Seed comes in from the USA. Many many varieties. Some don't like the heat in Thailand.

When importing seed one has to pay 5% import duty on the CIF price and 7% VAT on the CIF price.