Condo Projects In Pattaya

toenail

If there was a list of all of the new condo projects -ones on the drawing board or ones being constructed at the moment, I bet there would be over 20. I cannot believe all of these get filled up or...how many become "flops". (True, the advertisements will say "80% sold" which is BS.)

--And when the city gives these huge complexes permits, what infrastructure is done by the city to handle the huge number of residences in the area? Water, sewage, wider streets? (I heard that some apartments have no city sewage so have to have their septic tanks pumped out on a regular bases.

Here is the list to add on:

Amari Residence

Centara Grand

Laguana Beach

Acqua Condo

Tiara Palace

Amazon

Palm Wongamat

Novana Residence

Art on the Hill

W Tower -Wongamat

Club Roya Condo 6

Not just new projects. Older ones have septic tanks.....and sometimes they only get them cleaned up when they over flow and the stench starts...

Bribery and corruption will get will get you anything you want.

At grass root levels of politics in Thailand it starts in small villages with Head Men/Women. You want to be head of the village just pay the villagers. Then the corruption climbs to the dizzy heights of parliament.

How do I know this? The GF had to go home to her village to vote for a rally nice guy who was giving out 600 baht for each vote.....he lost...!!!

Your list above does not include the specatular failure that was Ocean 1 and The Koral.......for the next failures on the list I think will be the one that plans to have a Pirate Galleon parked in the swimming pool or the massive one just along the road that claims to be the first 5 star Condo.....watch this space......There will be a thread on TV as long as the Suan Suwarn one and the Park.

Now I sit back and wait for the people on TV who work in this industry to say I am typing B.S.....bring it on....

There will be problems in the next few years when most of these are due for completion....infastructure cant cope and many that bought under the 'investment' ideal will realise the units are too small to rent.Its frightning what is happening and its moving down South as far as Bang Saray which now has 8 condos under/due construction.. One thing you may be suprised at is the condos are actually selling, and when developers state % sold, they are mostly telling the truth. Dont just think its foreigners that buy condos, many/most of them are bought by Thais, I know this from personal experience. I know of 2 penthouses in Jomtien at 74mil that were sold to Thais last year and 90% of sales with that developer have been to Thais...EIA is needed in order for planning permission and sadly some sales staff when asked if the development has EIA they say no but they have planning permission...which of course we then know they are building without consent. There is one on your list that definatly wil not be completed!!!

Here are 2 current projects in Wongamat area:

- Zire by Raimon Land, who is thoughtfully blocking out some of the views of their own previous project (Northpoint);

- Modus; condo cum hotel which is built over 2 old lots of land and over the public beach access in-between. I hope some Thai person of some clout will take them to court for encroaching on what was previously public land.

And this doesn't touch on the incredible amount of building going on here on the Darkside. There seems to be either a shophouse, apartment building, or new village going up every couple of kms that you drive on any road. There must be a total of over 50 such projects in progress right now!

The nightmare I envision is primarily the traffic. No significant widening of roads, or improvement in road maintenance, means that the already heavy traffic will soon turn the Pattaya-Jomtien area into Bangkok-like experience in getting from one part of town to another. And it will be much worse on this side, because, once over the railroad tracks, there is virtually no traffic enforcement, very few traffic lights, and an appalling lack of knowledge and/or respect for common sense traffic behavior.

I have recently read, in a Bangkok Post supplement, that some property consultants are saying their is currently over supply of condos in the Pattaya/Jomtien area, but not to worry as transactions and prices will pick up in 2015 with Thailands entry to ASEAN. What's your opinion given the apparent lack of planning for infrastructure such as traffic control and so on? Not to mention Thailands exposure to up and coming economies in the region such as Vietnam.

What's your opinion given the apparent lack of planning for infrastructure such as traffic control and so on?

The lack of infrastructure is not a problem. Few of the new condos have more than a token handful of parking spaces anyway.

What's your opinion given the apparent lack of planning for infrastructure such as traffic control and so on?

The lack of infrastructure is not a problem. Few of the new condos have more than a token handful of parking spaces anyway.

Darrel, infrastructure includes the size and condition of the roads. If the roads lack parking space, which they certainly do; and the condos are not providing adequate parking areas for the cars of the occupants; where will the added vehicles park? What do you think happens to the traffic? Not a problem? blink.pngermm.gif

I have recently read, in a Bangkok Post supplement, that some property consultants are saying their is currently over supply of condos in the Pattaya/Jomtien area, but not to worry as transactions and prices will pick up in 2015 with Thailands entry to ASEAN. What's your opinion given the apparent lack of planning for infrastructure such as traffic control and so on? Not to mention Thailands exposure to up and coming economies in the region such as Vietnam.

Thailand is already a memeber of ASEAN, nevertheless, why do you think property prices will pick up in 2015?

"If there was a list of all of the new condo projects -ones on the drawing board or ones being constructed at the moment, I bet there would be over 20. I cannot believe all of these get filled up or...how many become "flops". (True, the advertisements will say "80% sold" which is BS.)"

Nothing is actually "sold" until it's built and the chanote is issued, and all that is a good 2-3 years away for most of the buildings in question. Prior to that it's just contracts to buy.

Anyone with a bit of close-up information will tell you that many of the units that are being called "sold" today are just contracts that have been signed by people who have not the slightest intention of actually buying the units when they are finished. They intend to sell the contracts on at below the developer price before the building is complete. Look at that mobile billboard near the Hanuman monument in Jomtien announcing units in a building under contruction at 30% below developer prices.

Is this a giant Ponzi scheme? Of course it is. And some stupid pillock unlucky investor is probably going to get stuck with a lot of unwanted contracts at some point, just like they did when the last bubble burst.

Of course, if the developers were actually fully-funded before launch as they pretend to be then they wouldn't need to sell off early-buyer units at huge discounts, and the Ponzi scheme could not exist.

Re pricing I was referring to the arcticle in the Bankok Post supplement that talked to propoerty value potential increasing due to 2015 planning & just seeking other TV members thoughts. I was referring to Thailands planning for an integrated ASEAN economic zone to be inplace by 2015. Just suficient clarity for you.

Re pricing I was referring to the arcticle in the Bankok Post supplement that talked to propoerty value potential increasing due to 2015 planning & just seeking other TV members thoughts. I was referring to Thailands planning for an integrated ASEAN economic zone to be inplace by 2015. Just suficient clarity for you.

OK, but I can't see what that event would do for property prices then versus what is possible for ASEAN members now hence I was curious to understand that.

OK, but I can't see what that event would do for property prices then versus what is possible for ASEAN members now hence I was curious to understand that.

I can only imagine they mean there will be an influx of ASEAN country citizens coming to work in Thailand and they may want to purchase their own condos to live in while they're here.

Or maybe ASEAN country citizens will not be counted in the foreign quota?

Darrel, infrastructure includes the size and condition of the roads. If the roads lack parking space, which they certainly do; and the condos are not providing adequate parking areas for the cars of the occupants; where will the added vehicles park? What do you think happens to the traffic? Not a problem?

That's what I mean. You can't park anywhere so you don't have a car. No problem.

If you do choose to have a car you wont find anywhere to park it, and that would be a problem.

I was on Soi Buakaow last week or so in the evening. From the road I was able to see the backside of The City Condo or The Avenue Condo (apologies, I do not know the name of the project). Anyway, I pointed out to my buddy... "Look at that building, no lights on at all and look at the building next to it, just a few lights." I really wonder about some of these buildings.

Like posters above have said, the infrastructure has not kept up with the amount of construction.

I was on Soi Buakaow last week or so in the evening. From the road I was able to see the backside of The City Condo or The Avenue Condo (apologies, I do not know the name of the project). Anyway, I pointed out to my buddy... "Look at that building, no lights on at all and look at the building next to it, just a few lights." I really wonder about some of these buildings.

Like posters above have said, the infrastructure has not kept up with the amount of construction.

The Avenue Condo has had a few problems over the last year.

You sound like a right toot to be with in the evening!

Darrel, infrastructure includes the size and condition of the roads. If the roads lack parking space, which they certainly do; and the condos are not providing adequate parking areas for the cars of the occupants; where will the added vehicles park? What do you think happens to the traffic? Not a problem?

That's what I mean. You can't park anywhere so you don't have a car. No problem.

If you do choose to have a car you wont find anywhere to park it, and that would be a problem.

:-) With answers like that, you should get a job for the Obama administration.

My point in response to your comment that "lack of infrastructure" was not a problem, regardless of the significant addition of residences. Additional residents means more demands on the already inadequate and inefficient power grid, water supply, drainage, and internet access; as well as upon the traffic that we've discussed. (Though we on the Darkside are fortunate enough be on slightly higher ground, and have less problems with drainage than do the west side areas.) I'm simply saying that said lack will be a problem of increasing proportion for current residents, Darrel.

I too wonder and worry about all the newly completed, those under construction, and others in the planning stage condos and how Pattaya's infrastructure if even half of them are ever completed AND occupied. I don't mind planned growth and development if there are provisions made for infrastructure improvements in tandem, particularly more road surface, which is the most difficult to do. I wonder what living in Pattaya will be like in 5-10 years...if it will be more livable because of the increased population, and the increase in shopping and restaurants of if it will be one big traffic jam ala Bangkok. If it is, I could definitely see myself moving either elsewhere in Thailad (Chiang Mai and Phuket beckon) on just move on the show to Phnom Penh :)

...and lack of infrastructure means no sewage treatment for these new complexes which means more raw sewage flowing into Pattaya Bay. Ironic how the city officials chose the Dolphin as its "icon" for the city; yet, there are no dolphins seen swimming in Pattaya bay anymore.

Edited by toenail

You sound like a right toot to be with in the evening!

You are quite correct and not wanting to toot my own horn... but I am extremely fun to be with.. day or night.

I can only imagine they mean there will be an influx of ASEAN country citizens coming to work in Thailand and they may want to purchase their own condos to live in while they're here.

Or maybe ASEAN country citizens will not be counted in the foreign quota?

Or maybe it was a meaningless line adopted by a vested interest group that means absolutely nothing that's relevant at all.

Many of the units purchased here are for holidays only. Down where I live, near the Ambassador, there are huge apartment buildings right on the beach. At night, only a few units have lights on. But during holidays, they're packed. I have quite a few friends who own units in Jomtien and central Pattaya who only live here part time. And many units are owned by Thais who live in Bangkok.

I saw that monstrosity on the corner of Thappraya and Pratumnak roads. Talk about an upcoming traffic jam.

Many of the units purchased here are for holidays only. Down where I live, near the Ambassador, there are huge apartment buildings right on the beach. At night, only a few units have lights on. But during holidays, they're packed. I have quite a few friends who own units in Jomtien and central Pattaya who only live here part time. And many units are owned by Thais who live in Bangkok.

I saw that monstrosity on the corner of Thappraya and Pratumnak roads. Talk about an upcoming traffic jam.

Thats the same with that huge condo project they are building next to Sukhumvit near Bkk/Patt hospital, rather small units I been told and only something like 60k pr M2, they are mainly targeting Thais that want a get-away from BKK.

5 years ago the Thais was not very interested in Pattaya but that have certainly changed now.

Thats the same with that huge condo project they are building next to Sukhumvit near Bkk/Patt hospital, rather small units I been told and only something like 60k pr M2, they are mainly targeting Thais that want a get-away from BKK.

5 years ago the Thais was not very interested in Pattaya but that have certainly changed now.

Maybe says something about what a hell-hole Bangkok has become.

Maybe says something about what a hell-hole Bangkok has become.

I think it's because they spend all week in traffic jams in Bangkok that they want to experience the same 'at home' feeling in Pattaya on their weekends.

• Like 1

Look out for Axis2 which will I'm guessing will go up on the empty plot opposite when the first one is finished (thus destroying the view for people in the first building).

Speaking of infrastructure on the Darkside, the electricity went out at about 10PM last night, during a moderate level t-storm. It didnt' come back on until 4:30 AM; which, for me, meant no sleep during those 6+ hours in this heat and humidity.

Simultaneously, my 3BB internet service was out from 1:30 yesterday until about 30 minutes ago tonight - about 30 hours. During that time, the several phone calls I placed yielded virtually no information as to the nature of the problem, or the estimated time of restoration of service.

So, as to earlier discussions on this point; what will happen when thousands of residents are added to the area, with no improvement to the infrastructure?

Economics is the only thing keeping me here. I wish it would have been possible for me to remain in 21st century civilization; but I simply don't have the income to return to it now. I really hate dealing with the incompetence and inefficiency in Thailand - at least in this area of it.

Darrel, infrastructure includes the size and condition of the roads. If the roads lack parking space, which they certainly do; and the condos are not providing adequate parking areas for the cars of the occupants; where will the added vehicles park? What do you think happens to the traffic? Not a problem? blink.pngermm.gif

they couldn't plan their way out of paper bag