Khao Yai National Park Fees

chillem

The fee (per day) is 400 baht for foreigners (200 for children), and 40 for Thais or Thai residents, plus 50 baht for vehicles.

Can anyone give me a reason why they charge different prices for foreigners? I don't mind to pay a bit more, but 10x more it's just ridiculous. It feels like discrimination.

I want to go to there more often, because I stay around there, but to pay everytime 400 baht sad.png

In most National Parks (everyone I've been to except for in Phuket, but thats Phuket for you!) you get local rates if you show you are a resident of Thailand and not a tourist, same goes for most tourist attractions with double pricing.

Just show a Thai drivers license or similar Thai ID and 99% of the time they are happy to charge you the local fee.

In most National Parks (everyone I've been to except for in Phuket, but thats Phuket for you!) you get local rates if you show you are a resident of Thailand and not a tourist, same goes for most tourist attractions with double pricing.

Just show a Thai drivers license or similar Thai ID and 99% of the time they are happy to charge you the local fee.

WP works as well from time to time

I live nearby and often go in there...we often use it as an alternative route to Bkk or pattaya....nice drive.

Thai drivers licence will get you thai rate every time.

I know a way in so you do not have to pay....but its a secret, dun want everyone abusing it.

I live nearby and often go in there...we often use it as an alternative route to Bkk or pattaya....nice drive.

I know a way in so you do not have to pay....but its a secret, dun want everyone abusing it.

Then why mention it ?

I show my drivers license and get in Thai price

Then why mention it ?

So nobody abuses it.

Then why mention it ?

So nobody abuses it.

In my logic it would have been better not to mention it at all.. Anyway never mind

I only got an International driving license, does that work as well?

I don't have a WP, but I got a Non-O visa based on marriage. I got it with the 400k on Thai bankaccount. I'm not retired.

Edited by chillem

I don't have a WP, but I got a Non-O visa based on marriage. I got it with the 400k on Thai bankaccount. I'm not retired.

Int Lic does not work as well as it used to....especially in KY, I used to do the same a few years ago but they then got all official like and only accept thai licence now....or WP etc.

Just go get a thai licence, it is easy with an overseas licence, dont have to go through all the bullshit, just a little bit of it.

So simple, just get a Thai Drivers License. Problem solved. Then we don't have to keep hearing the high-pitched whining about racism, discrimination, and all this other nonsense.

I somewhat agree with the higher pricing for Tourists as such. I think a lot of countries could use this model. My reason for this is I believe that Thai people (because they were born, live and work in Thailand) own there national resources and therefore should be allowed to visit them free of charge or for a token fee.

Just my opinion.

I somewhat agree with the higher pricing for Tourists as such. I think a lot of countries could use this model. My reason for this is I believe that Thai people (because they were born, live and work in Thailand) own there national resources and therefore should be allowed to visit them free of charge or for a token fee.

Just my opinion.

I agree, a pass for Yellowstone is 20 USD. For Thais and other aliens it should be 200.

Just my opinion.

I agree, a pass for Yellowstone is 20 USD. For Thais and other aliens it should be 200.

And you'd be there waiting at the gate to abuse each and every one of then as they passed through, I'm sure.

Mister you begin sound like my friend Cheap Charlie....

Ironically, I have lived within 15 minute drive for the past four years,

but have yet to make a visit.....maybe tomorrow

Mister you begin sound like my friend Cheap Charlie....

Ironically, I have lived within 15 minute drive for the past four years,

but have yet to make a visit.....maybe tomorrow

You really should, maybe camp overnight. Around 'winter' , can get to 6-8 degrees overthere. So I presume you are living around Pakchong then. That's about a 15 min drive :D

Then why mention it ?

So nobody abuses it.

so you think, if you wouldn't mention here something not to mention, everyone would abuse that something? I would say maybe 5 people max would (ab)use that once and maybe 1 twice and after that no one any more. But maybe you are right and the wild Scandinavian hordes would abuse that until end of time....

National parks are funded by the government through taxes. Residents pay taxes. Non-residents offset their not paying taxes with the additional fee.

Also in part to what CiaranO said.