Thai Police Arrest Brit With Foetuses For Black Magic

Lite Beer

Six human foetuses which had been roasted...

Chow Hok Kuen, 28, who is of Taiwanese origin

At least he wasn't planning on eating them, as some photos from Taiwan circluating on the net would have us believe. :(

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Each to their own in this seemingly crazy world. More commonplace than at first imagined.

Yes, it may seem disgusting to us, but so are many things. That does not make them bad things.

When you consider the temple not so long ago with many many foetuses from the abortions also .......

Different perspective here than we are used to.

Is it just me or is Thailand becoming even more weird? Disgusting,

It's you !

You don't know too much about Thailand and Asia...

Perhaps it's you that hasn't moved on to being civilized in thought.

I am not defending the guy but let me tell you a little about my Thai inlaws.

Upstairs in the parents old house is a small shrine. At the centre of the shrine sits a tiny human foetus.

It is the result of a miscarriage suffered by my wifes grandmother.

The whole family call him "magic uncle", give him offerings and ask for good luck when they feel the need.

I don't get it but understand it is their own culture.

It's different of course from profiteering for the sale of foetus's and the thought of where they may have come from is horrifying.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

It's probably ome of the missing Red Shirts from 2010

Why is it I'm never really clear on what they say, Taiwanese man (Brit), gets one year and a small fine for these foetuses, but maybe if they find out where he got them, (maybe murder) then what ?ermm.gif only six months ?

"Chow Hok Kuen" A classic British name if ever I heard one...! Was it really necessary to have Brit in the headline?

I am sure he technically is British but it seems clear that this fascination with black magic and gold leafing unborn babies is not an inherently British pass time and I'd suggest comes from the same national roots as his name not his adopted nationality...

It always looks like a "Brit" or a farang has to be blamed in Thailand. It is either a Mexican girl, who turned out to be Thai, or a Chinese holding a British passport, or a Brit of Chinese origin. Next time we may have a son of British parents, living in Thailand (for 30 years).

Briton of Chinese origin arrested with six foetuses

image_201205181515205F03E98F-FE02-3840-00362BB5BC59CF7C.jpg

BANGKOK, May 18 - A British citizen was detained today in possession of six human foetuses set to be smuggled into Taiwan, according to police.

Police from the Children and Women’s Protection Sub-Division on Friday told a news briefing that Chow Hok Kuen, a 28-year old British citizen of Taiwanese origin, was apprehended at a hotel room in Bangkok's Chinatown area.

At the site, police found and seized six roasted baby corpses covered in gold leaf which were hidden in a box packed in the baggage for smuggling to Taiwan.

The detention came after the police learned that there were announcements related to sales of foetus corpses posted on some websites in Taiwan by citing that the foetuses had been performed in the black magic ritual in Thailand.

The human foetuses to be used for black magic purpose were popular among Taiwanese as they believed that the baby corpses would bring them good luck and fortune.

An initial investigation found that Chow Hok Kuen has run a business related to amulets in Taiwan and has travelled to Thailand for several times to purchase some amulets for further sales in Taiwan.

The suspect arrived in the kingdom in early May, saying that he was hired to bring the human foetuses from a Taiwanese man in Thailand who said he often delivered the corpses by placing them under a tree in a public park.

This was the second time he brought corpses, the suspect said, adding that all six foetuses at Bt200,000 (some US$6,600) and will be sold on websites in Taiwan with a starting price of $6,600 each.

Initially, Chow Hok Kuen has been charged with hiding and possessing the foetuses, aiming at covering up the death and causes of the deaths.

However, the police are tracking persons related to the case, particularly a Taiwanese man in Thailand, for further probe about the origin of the foetuses. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-05-18

"Chow Hok Kuen" A classic British name if ever I heard one...! Was it really necessary to have Brit in the headline?

I am sure he technically is British but it seems clear that this fascination with black magic and gold leafing unborn babies is not an inherently British pass time and I'd suggest comes from the same national roots as his name not his adopted nationality...

You haven't been here long enough. Live here for years and you "learn" that Asian peoples are morally superior to Westerners. No true Taiwanese man would have done such things. You notice that the article talks about the dealer of these fetuses is also Taiwanese? There doesn't seem to be much interest in apprehending him. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Thailand's attitude is directed towards not endangering any relations with Taiwan, an important trade partner.

Sorry, I haven't been in Thailand long enough for what exactly? To become another paranoid bigot? Save your sweeping generalizations for someone that cares.

This isn't a Thai national conspiracy to defer any possible negative feeling about the Taiwanese to the British, it's simply sensationalist journalism, using Brit in the headline promotes more interest from the English speaking/ reading audience.

You don't have to have lived here at all to realize that Chow Hok Kuen is not a common British name and the practice of gold leafing unborn babies and black magic is not something he has picked up in Britain.

...I'm someone that cares!
  • Like 1

You haven't been here long enough. Live here for years and you "learn" that Asian peoples are morally superior to Westerners. No true Taiwanese man would have done such things. You notice that the article talks about the dealer of these fetuses is also Taiwanese? There doesn't seem to be much interest in apprehending him. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Thailand's attitude is directed towards not endangering any relations with Taiwan, an important trade partner.

Sorry, I haven't been in Thailand long enough for what exactly? To become another paranoid bigot? Save your sweeping generalizations for someone that cares.

This isn't a Thai national conspiracy to defer any possible negative feeling about the Taiwanese to the British, it's simply sensationalist journalism, using Brit in the headline promotes more interest from the English speaking/ reading audience.

You don't have to have lived here at all to realize that Chow Hok Kuen is not a common British name and the practice of gold leafing unborn babies and black magic is not something he has picked up in Britain.

"...it's simply sensationalist journalism...": because you're the expert. Didn't you JUST say something about "sweeping generalizations"?! You're a funny one. Who the h#ll is a bigot?! You can't possible have been here for very long. You couldn't know the first thing about how things are done here. But you do seem to know a lot about how things are done in Britain.

http://www.independe...an-6297667.html

He could have picked up any number of things in Britain.

Edited by Unkomoncents

Is it just me or is Thailand becoming even more weird? Disgusting,

It's you !

You don't know too much about Thailand and Asia...

Perhaps it's you that hasn't moved on to being civilized in thought.

I've lived here 10 years and don't think Thailand is getting weirer. Its moving along very nicely.

A person can be British and an ethnic Chinese or African or Indian, but he cannot be English (or Welsh, Scottish or Irish), he can be a citizen of the UK but he cannot be a Briton as this is an ethnic description.

My father was a Scot, my mother was Welsh, I was born in London, so I am clearly British but I'm not sure if I am English, however ethnically I am Celtic.biggrin.png

help, I'm being attacked by feelings of racism again.

before I even entered the thread I knew I would see a foreign name, not racist or bigoted, I just knew it

Foreign (sounding) to whom?

You mean “foreign” like Haus Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha, which is the family name of Queen Elizabeth (before they changed it to Windsor to cover up their German roots) or her husband‘s family name, Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg?

I guess if you're not a sickly white color and don't have a name like Percy or Gary Glitter, you're not really British, just one of those (shudder) residents of places formerly exploited by the chosen people??

Foreign as in 'this is not British culture to believe that foetus holds healing powers' so one would expect the British national in question to be from a culture where this is prevalent, hence an expectation that this person would have a foreign name to go with their cultural beliefs, I know you already know this and are probably bored and looking for an internet spat based on racism, however this is not racism, this is based on what is culturally acceptable in one place and not in another.

Why are people always looking for racism when none exists, its too easy to play the 'race' card, why not try harder next time and understand the context of a post rather than taking the easy way out, and trying to work out why i was 100% correct with my assertion about how the name would be to go with the offence? the fact is this is culturally acceptable in some places so one would expect that the person practicing this act would be directly or indirectly from one of those places. That is not racism, that is not bigotry, that is not stereotyping, it is simply a fact and bloody liberals (such as yourself) will always try and find racism in every little thing, it is people like you that cause the problems by not allowing issues to be discussed, you would rather they just be swept under the carpet which is to the detriment of any fight against racism as then people will not understand the issues if they can not be discussed.

p.s it would seem my post was popular, are the people that 'liked' it racist or just understand it? i will leave you to work that out, i already know the answer

Here Here, well said!

before I even entered the thread I knew I would see a foreign name, not racist or bigoted, I just knew it

You mean “foreign” like Haus Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha, which is the family name of Queen Elizabeth (before they changed it to Windsor to cover up their German roots) or her husband‘s family name, Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg?

I guess if you're not a sickly white color and don't have a name like Percy or Gary Glitter, you're not really British, just one of those (shudder) residents of places formerly exploited by the chosen people??

Boooo.

• Like 1

Just where would one come by deceased human fetuses legally?? Only 1 year in the slammer? Ya gotta be joking!! sick.gifblink.png

Well not legally but he probably got them from an abortion clinic. I doubt he was murdering pregnant women to get them

It's the supply side that is really stomach-turning. People wholesaling aborted fetuses for on-sale, without any compunction. Puts the "frozen tiger parts" story in the shade...

Rubbish its absolutely no difference at all.

Boooo.

laugh.png

"In Thai black magic rituals, also observed among some Chinese communities, preserved foetuses are believed to bring good fortune to the owner and are often kept in shrines within homes or businesses."

Being superstitious brings bad luck, anyway. tongue.png

Brit??????

Willing to bet that, if he is British at all, he has a BNO passport from HK, rather than as a British citizen. If so, calling him British would be a bit of an overstatement but the Thai police and reporters can't be expected understand what this shameful relic of colonialism means.

Edited by Arkady

British my arse, and i stick by that even if he/she does have a British Passport..

at bygone times in history, the EMPIRE just could not get enough additional fresh

blood from around the world from all her cozy colonies and they were proud to make

them proud with the Pommie passports. Look at all these distinct- looking Brits in Leeds,

Liverpool, Warrington, Abingdon etc.

Take a minute, sit back and think about the sickest thing you can imagine a person could do. Now amplify that image a hundred times and what you see then you will not even get you close to what "human" a.k.a. "Homo Sapiens" is capable of, regardless of his/her skin color or ethnic background. We are a pretyy f%#$ed up species!

Take a minute, sit back and think about the sickest thing you can imagine a person could do. Now amplify that image a hundred times and what you see then you will not even get you close to what "human" a.k.a. "Homo Sapiens" is capable of, regardless of his/her skin color or ethnic background. We are a pretyy f%#$ed up species!

oops... one you too much - as I said, we're far from perfect smile.png

What is all the fuss? A few pounds of human flesh have been put on the market, and if you really believe , that the foetus has a soul, then you also will understand, why some just as supersticious people are willing to pay good money for the good luck, they believe "it" will bring them. It most be better, that the foetus ends up in a "good home", bringing happiness to their owners. Better than being thrown in the local klong or being eaten by worms at the temple. And in 100 years time when we all are gone, "it" will still be sitting with a wry smile, making Mr Lee's grandchildren happy.wai.gif

• Like 1