Thai Police Corrupt? Only A Little

ebmzlm

post-155692-133742391669_thumb.jpg

This young lady in the picture was slapped with a no helmet fine. The funny thing is she was wearing s helmet, but underneath was wearing another hat.

I have showed the picture to a Thai policeman friend. His response was 5555.

What do you think???

Err, the copper is giving a fine.

If it was corruption, then he wouldn't be writing up a ticket. A hundred baht and she'd be off.

I also notice that it wasn't strapped on, so she may as well not have even been wearing it.

The copper should be congratulated for doing his job.

Edited by samran
  • Like 2

This is clearly not corruption...This guy should be applauded for doing his job....as another poster said corruption wouldbe him taking a bribe to get out of the ticket.....title of this article is misleading...

• Like 1

Agree. Why would writing a paper ticket be "corruption"?

On the other hand, who knows what was written on that slip of paper anyway. Maybe the copper was just giving away his phonenumber for a one night stand.

laugh.png

That idiot couldn't fasten the chin strap because of the red hat, how's the helmet going to stay on her head in a crash? It's like driving without a seatbelt. The cop was correct to issue the ticket, maybe his warning will save her life in the future if she stops to think for two seconds before riding.

Firstly possibly I used the incorrect term.

Secondly she had the strap on, when she got pulled over and stopped.

I was outside subway on Soi buoakhow as it happened.

There was no reason for her to get a ticket, tbh it was a very funny scene.

The police in thailand have no morales or sincerity for any situation!

The lady in the picture when asked why she was wearing the hat, simply replied it was "hot"!

Err, the copper is giving a fine.

If it was corruption, then he wouldn't be writing up a ticket. A hundred baht and she'd be off.

I also notice that it wasn't strapped on, so she may as well not have even been wearing it.

The copper should be congratulated for doing his job.

So, proper etiquette is to put on the helmet first, then the hat. tongue.png

Firstly possibly I used the incorrect term.

Secondly she had the strap on, when she got pulled over and stopped.

I was outside subway on Soi buoakhow as it happened.

There was no reason for her to get a ticket, tbh it was a very funny scene.

The police in thailand have no morales or sincerity for any situation!

The lady in the picture when asked why she was wearing the hat, simply replied it was "hot"!

So you speak Thai well enough to know exactly what the fine was for? You sure it wasn't some sort of traffic infringement?

15 years+ of driving in Thailand, I know enough to know that coppers don't write tickets unless you have really done something wrong.

There is no law against wearing an hat under the helmet?I always have a cap and they stoped me many times in both Pattaya and phuket and never any problem.maby she did not have a licens or maby taxpapper?

There is no law against wearing an hat under the helmet?I always have a cap and they stoped me many times in both Pattaya and phuket and never any problem.maby she did not have a licens or maby taxpapper?

I guess the copper was having a bad day.

I was sat 2 yards away from the scene, no papers were checked nor a licence!

She was stopped and fined for not wearing a helmet or incorrectly wearing a helmet due to having a hat underneath.

It was pathetic and laughable.

Looking forward to the end of the month see what happens then.

Also one lady who drove past the policemen numerous amount of times was not stopped even though she was wearing a helmet.

Must of been the coppers daughter or wife.

Also one lady who drove past the policemen numerous amount of times was not stopped even though she was wearing a helmet.

If she was wearing a helmet, why would you expect the policeman to stop her?

Percentage wise, pulling over (or in the local version... 'pointing and waving over') tourists is a good bet for issuing tickets or simply collecting fees for your kid's tuition. For long term tourists, chances are they don't have their passports.... for short term tourists, chances are they haven't gone through the trouble of getting a driver license.

:)

cc: [email protected]

the other night I was at the airport and had just ended a 20hr journey via Tokyo from NYC...I went and got a cup of ice from the coffee place upstairs (it's free!) and some orange from the FamilyMart and then went downstairs inside near the taxi rank and mixed meself a drink with the duty free vodka...

and then I looked up and found that I was sitting across from an airport security desk with two coppers smiling at me...oh, shit...

they just smiled and didn't say or do anything and I finished my drink and went out to the taxis to get one to take me to Suphanburi...no hassles but I expected the cops to make their move when I made mine...

I was in a regional airport in Vietnam and I mixed a drink from a bottle that I had and a coke and was relaxing when two plainclothes types came up and hissed: 'no drink whiskey in airport!' and I then had visions of communist prison and torture...I gulped down my drink and said: 'no more...OK?' and then they slouched away...

the cops in Thailand ain't that bad...if it woulda been an airport in the US two heavily armed bruisers in uniform coulda come up and made things unpleasnt...

I'm just an irresponsible falang in Thailand...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

the other night I was at the airport and had just ended a 20hr journey via Tokyo from NYC...I went and got a cup of ice from the coffee place upstairs (it's free!) and some orange from the FamilyMart and then went downstairs inside near the taxi rank and mixed meself a drink with the duty free vodka...

and then I looked up and found that I was sitting across from an airport security desk with two coppers smiling at me...oh, shit...

they just smiled and didn't say or do anything and I finished my drink and went out to the taxis to get one to take me to Suphanburi...no hassles but I expected the cops to make their move when I made mine...

I was in a regional airport in Vietnam and I mixed a drink from a bottle that I had and a coke and was relaxing when two plainclothes types came up and hissed: 'no drink whiskey in airport!' and I then had visions of communist prison and torture...I gulped down my drink and said: 'no more...OK?' and then they slouched away...

the cops in Thailand ain't that bad...if it woulda been an airport in the US two heavily armed bruisers in uniform coulda come up and made things unpleasnt...

I'm just an irresponsible falang in Thailand...

the police in bkk where prob hoping you were going to offer them a sip.....

coffee1.gif The words police and corruption in the same sentence... Who would have thought it?!

Difficult for some to grasp.

Policing systems universally, by their very nature, are corrupt.

Gullible men freely give money to Thai women, and you call it "extortion'; police officer allegedly gives an unwarranted fine, and you call it "corruption"...

You don't happen to work in the media, do you?

• Like 1

Gullible men freely give money to Thai women, and you call it "extortion'; police officer allegedly gives an unwarranted fine, and you call it "corruption"...

You don't happen to work in the media, do you?

Possibily