Sleeping Malaysian Man Attacked By Elephant

george

Sleeping Malaysian man attacked by elephant

KUALA LUMPUR: -- A Malaysian man who was sleeping in a jungle hut was rudely awakened when an angry wild elephant tore down his shelter and attacked him, news reports said this morning.

The 26-year-old man said he was fast asleep during the predawn incident Sunday when he suddenly felt his tiny hut shaking violently.

"I can't remember the exact time but I heard huffing sounds and suddenly felt the whole hut collapsing. I felt a piercing pain on my right thigh and below my right armpit," he was quoted as saying by The Star newspaper.

He said the elephant continued to attack him after the hut collapsed.

The victim sustained three broken ribs, wounds on his chest and right thigh, and bruises, before managing to run to his motorcycle to escape.

He was immediately sent to a nearby hospital, where he is reported to be in stable condition.

--DPA 2006-01-02

The elephant was holding a Thailand passport (trying to make it a Thai related topic)  :D

Explorer  :D

And.............

the Malaysian police arrested the Thai Elephant because the passport was fake; the elephant is now in the policestation for further questioning :o

LaoPo