Royal Jubilee And Uk Settlement Visa Waiting Time

I have a question. If the applicant of a settlement visa is waiting for that application to be completed. In the meantime they have an invite at the command of her Majesty . Is it the duty of the Thai UK Embassy to ensure that the visa application to process on time for that individual to attend Buckingham Palace. Also taking into account it is The 60th Jubilee. Surely he is the only person applying for his settlement visa that has an invite.

Edited by 7by7
See 7by7 post below

Unless it's on compassionate grounds they will not move you up the queue, you applied on 20th April? By Friday 1st June you will have been waiting for 29 working days, we have been waiting for 35 working days, some others on here have had their passports returned this week and they have been waiting for 44 and 42 working days, some have job offers in the UK, like me, but the visa has not been processed any quicker.

Edited by tribalfusion001

I wouldn't have thought that an invite would hold much sway with the granting of a settlement visa, after all you don't to be settled in the UK to be on the guest list for one of these shindigs, but such an invite might help for a visit visa, providing all the other requirements were met.

Visa Plus might be able to give a definitive answer.

• Like 1

Same with us. We have job offers, but at her Majesty's command has invited the settlement visa applicant to attend.

You can try, send UKBA in Bangkok an email, I already know what they will reply, I emailed them 3 weeks a go about the waiting times. Another thing, you are a British citizen, you can bring a guest, but if they do not have entry clearance, then they cannot attend. I doubt your application will be dealt with next week or the week after, I'm hoping ours will be dealt with by Friday 1st June and that will be 45 working days!

I'm sorry, but a garden party with the Queen is not a valid reason to speed up a settlement application. If the waiting times drop considerably in the next two weeks you may get a decsion by Friday 1st June.

It is worth a try. The UKBA in Bangkok doesn't get that request often. When I showed my partner in Buckingham palace he didn't even know who the queen was.

He keeps it real and would rather being planting rice on the farm. I am the one feeling stupid with a empty seat beside me. I guess once Elton and Jessica J gets on the stage i won't feel so bad.

As you have been told elsewhere, all the UKBA information advises settlement applicants to allow 3 months for the application to be processed. I am 99.999999999% certain that were you to attempt to try and jump the queue in this way that this would be pointed out to you.

If he received the invitation too late to apply three months prior and he wanted to ensure he received a visa in time to attend the event then he could have (and should have) applied for a visit visa which would have been processed much more quickly and probably be in his passport as we speak.

Plus, it is not really an 'invitation' is it? It is a ticket to a public event which any member of the public could have applied for; you were just lucky in the draw. The ECOs will be aware of this. Would you expect someone with a ticket to the Cup Final to receive such special treatment? The Queen will be there, too!

My opinion, but I would be delighted to be proven wrong. Let us know what they say, please

NB I have removed your thumbnail of the ticket. This is a public forum to which anyone, not just members, has access. Therefore posting personal, identifying details such as full names is a very bad idea.

Not sure on the exact details but I am assuming that if you have an "invitation at the command of her Majesty" it is for you, what do they say about a guest? dose it pacifically name your partner?

If you are twisting the facts this just may cause the UKBA to look closer at your partners application.

Basil, unless arick is a Thai (he said elsewhere that he is Canadian) then it was his partner's name on the ticket in the thumbnail I deleted.

However, it should be pointed out that this event is not a royal garden party; it is a public event organised by the BBC. Anyone could apply for tickets, which were issued by ballot. See here.

If the ECOs are not aware of this, they will be as soon as they check; which they will.

Thanks for all your responses. Yes my Thai partner was drawn and I'm the quest. My neighbours in London are all thrilled somebody local was invites. I have told them it was my Thai partner.

I guess I will be looking more like June 24th the Thai festival in Surrey.