Sending Supplements For Personal Use By Post Into Thailand

nickjam

Hi

Does anyone have experience of sending a small amount of supplements for personal use into Thailand? I've ordered a couple of bottles of Erase and one set of Grenade in the UK. My folks regularly send me out small parcels containing teabags, paxo etc but I'm worried that having pills is going to cause me some problems. I don't want to get into trouble or have them confiscated but I cannot find any information on the legality of doing this. Neither supplement contains, what I would consider, anabolic stimulants in fact all the ingredients are natural, but I just don't know.

Any success/disaster stories would be appreciated.

Cheers

Nick

p.s. for the Grenade capsules, I'd remove the top so it doesn't look like a grenade!

I recently had 4 small bottles of vitamins shipped from a supplier in Australia to my residential address in Bangkok. The supplier marked 'Natural Supplements for Personal Use' on the box which was delivered by international air mail. I experienced no problems at all with Thai Post or Customs.

There have been many threads on this. Sometimes problems, sometimes not. Least likely to have problems is sent by regular air mail and most likely if sent by courier like Fedex or DHL. Also more likely to have problems if the quantities are large.

However I strongly advise against opening or in anyway tampering with the pills as this could lead to suspicion that they are not what they are labelled to be and that could mean serious problems. The worst that stands to happen if customs takes exception to the actual contents is that you lose the package. Whereas the worst that can happen if they suspect the package of containing an illicit substance is....worse.

Only send the supplements in their original, sealed, labelled bottles.

There have been many threads on this. Sometimes problems, sometimes not. Least likely to have problems is sent by regular air mail and most likely if sent by courier like Fedex or DHL. Also more likely to have problems if the quantities are large.

However I strongly advise against opening or in anyway tampering with the pills as this could lead to suspicion that they are not what they are labelled to be and that could mean serious problems. The worst that stands to happen if customs takes exception to the actual contents is that you lose the package. Whereas the worst that can happen if they suspect the package of containing an illicit substance is....worse.

Only send the supplements in their original, sealed, labelled bottles.

Hey thanks for the advice. Yeah its a bit of dilemma with regards the grenade packaging. I agree and I wouldn't normally tamper with it but I think its likely to draw attention. Might just do the Erase.