Swedish Man Arrested In Pattaya For Allegedly Robbing Money Trucks In Denmark, Sweden

webfact

CRIME

Alleged Swedish robber arrested in Pattaya on drug offences

PATTAYA: -- Police have arrested a Swedish man in Pattaya for allegedly having holding drug parties in his rented apartment.

Pol Col Kreetha Tankhanarat, the commander of Children and Women Rights Protection and Anti-Human Trafficking Region 2, said Swedish police also confirmed that Bo Peter Soderback, 40, was also wanted in at least two armoured truck robberies in Denmark and Sweden.

The arrest followed complaints to Kreetha's division that the Swedish man and his Thai girlfriend often play loud music late at night and allegedly held drug parties often.

Police found equipment for inhaling 'ice" or crystal methamphetamine hydrochloride in Soderback's room.

The two tested positive for drugs Kreetha said.

Kreetha quoted Swedish police as saying that Soderback was suspected of taking part in a armoured truck robbery in Denmark in 2008. The robbers made off with more than Bt300 million.

He was also suspected of taking part in the robbery from Swedish firm G4s firm, using a helicopter and making off with hundreds of millions of baht in cash.

Soderback admitted that he had been living in Pattaya for over a year.

He was charged with using drugs, holding fake passports and entering the kingdom without permission and proper travel documents.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-05-21

If ever - for whatever reason - I was on the run from police in any country, I think I would have the sense to keep low.

I certainly would not be having loud parties that upset any neighbours nor get involved with drugs with people that have a good chance to be already on the police radar.

The wonderful characters of Pattaya...

yes another big spender is leaving us....biggrin.png , i was always surprised to see so many succesful farangs spraying money around ......oho.....than there are more like this around whistling.gif could it...?whistling.gif

So, if he hadn't played his music too loud at night, he could have lived out a happy life in Thailand on the fruits of his crimes and never been disturbed by the BiB who must have been well aware that he was there following his arrest in 2006.

No-one can know for certain that local police had any idea he was back. In checking records once apprehended, past issues would show up but the newspaper report gives no indication of how and on what passport he returned here. It's an immigration issue at airports and notifications between various authorities can not be assumed either, even he did return on his original passport and name. The key known facts are that he slipped under the radar and is now apprehended by being none too bright.

If ever - for whatever reason - I was on the run from police in any country, I think I would have the sense to keep low.

I certainly would not be having loud parties that upset any neighbours nor get involved with drugs with people that have a good chance to be already on the police radar.

exatly.If he had all the money he should of rented some place through his thai gf or friend.Some nice big house in a quite area so he could party.What a dumb man.very snart when robingng money

Swedish fugitive with fake British passport caught by Region 2 Police in South Pattaya

21_05_55_1_6.jpg

PATTAYA:--A Swedish national accused of drug taking and possession of a fake British passport was arrested by Region 2 Police on Sunday Night.

Armed with an arrest warrant based on allegations that the man was wanted in Denmark and Sweden in relation to the theft of money from two armoured cash trucks, officers went to an apartment in Soi Bongkai in South Pattaya to arrest Mr. Bo Peter Soderback aged 40 and his Thai Girlfriend Khun Wannapa aged 25.

Drug taking paraphernalia was found inside the room as was a fake British passport in the the name of Tom Dinsdale aged 38. The passport number belonged to a woman with the same surname who had her passport stolen in Barcelona, Spain in 2006.

It was also confirmed that Mr. Soderback had been arrested for visa overstay in Pattaya back in 2006 and was deported as a result. The Swedish authorities also confirmed to Region 2 Police that Mr. Soderback has an extensive criminal history in Sweden and previous convictions relating to bank robberies.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/55603/swedish-fugitive-fake-british-passport-caught-region-2-police-south-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-05-21

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Perhaps he can do some time in Thai jail fist so he can compare the difference in "service" between the different countries cheesy.gif

Yes, that would be wonderful, but as he is wanted in Sweden and Denmark, they will ship him right back. sad.png