Made A Booking Blunder...Any Suggestions?

I hold a valid indian passport, and I am planning to come to bangkok again for leisure this time.

I already have booked bangkok to combodia, so my plan was to fly to bangkok, stay in thailand for 4-5 days, fly out from there to Combodia. And then come back to Bangkok, and the fly directly to Chennai on the same day.

I thought of taking Visa on Arrival. The blunder that happened is that my flight back to bangkok from combodia lands in bangkok at 6.30 pm and my next flight from Bangkok to chennai flies at 7.30 pm. I made this blunder that I just have 1 hour time for two separate bookings. Its not an on-ward flight. they are two different flights. How can I solve this blunder for myself.

i feel your pain.

most likely you not going to make it on time as you need time to get your passprt stamp collect your luggage and check in again at the counter.

unless you could clear all this mission within 10 minutes you stand a chance to get check in for your onwards flights to India.

check the rebooking policy of your book airline ticket and see what can be done if not it's as good as buying a new ticket. my guess is your flights are all book on no frills airline ?

If you're flying with the same airline on both legs or two airlines belonging to the same loyalty scheme (Star Alliance, One World etc) then you could ask them to check you in to both flights at your departure city so your bags get checked straight through to Chennai & they will issue you with two boarding passes, alternatively go to the transit area on arrival at BKK & have a word with the relevant staff member. All this is assuming you can't book a later or earlier flight on one of the legs.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Thanks for replies. I am flying both ways on Airasia. Since it is a budget airline, there is no cancellation policy and they are very unfriendly with customers.

I am not sure if it is possible to ask them to issues 2 boarding passes from combodia. What are your experiences?

Air asia does point to point, and I don't believe they will transfer your luggage to another plane. It seems you are not going to make it on time to check in for your flight to Chennai.

Maybe they have a payed service to tranfer you, but I doubt it.

1 look to have only 1 solution for that now.

I need to change the return date to next day. But for that, do i need to take another visa on arrival for this one day or my previous visa on arrival that I took before flying out to combodia will work?

There is no 30 day visa exempt for Indian passport holder.

You could continue to use your VOA by obtaining a re-entry permit prior to leaving for Cambodia to return for the same permitted to stay date (if your trip is short) or if too long you would have to obtain a new VOA.

There is no 30 day visa exempt for Indian passport holder.

You could continue to use your VOA by obtaining a re-entry permit prior to leaving for Cambodia to return for the same permitted to stay date (if your trip is short) or if too long you would have to obtain a new VOA.

Where do I apply for a re entry permit. Do I ask them at the time of immigration before flying out of thailand? Do I need to pay some extra buks for that. My trip to combodia is less than a week. After coming back from I'm Odis, I just need to stay for 2 more days in Bangkok and then fly out.

Now you have changed plans (staying 2 more days in Bangkok on return) and may be staying longer than the 15 day visa on arrival would allow so re-entry would not be an option. Only if your departure from Thailand is within 15 days of initial arrival would that be available. It can be obtained at Chiang Watanna immigration office in Bangkok for 1,000 baht. At airport believe it is 1,300 baht.

A VOA is 1,000 baht, the same as a single re-entry permit (but 1,200 at the airport)

You can get a re-entry permit at immigration at the airport, after you have checked in for the flight and have a boarding pass. The stand is at one of the immigration areas, just before you go through passport control.

The re-entry permit is only avaleble between 06:00 and 24:00 at the airport.