Bangkok To Ho Chi Minh Vietnam

I know with modificatio to aytime lights you can take a bangkok registered bike through Cambodia but anyone know if you can take the bike through to Vietnam as well.

Love to ride to PP via siam reap and then onto HCM and then up to Da nang

Possible ??? Anyone done it

Cheers

I know with modificatio to aytime lights you can take a bangkok registered bike through Cambodia but anyone know if you can take the bike through to Vietnam as well.

Cheers

As far as I'm aware you can only go into Vietnam with a big bike as part of an organized tour with translator and schedule. But I maybe wrong.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

Cheers

As far as I'm aware you can only go into Vietnam with a big bike as part of an organized tour with translator and schedule. But I maybe wrong.

Thanks thaicbr.. suspect this might be the case.... mind you what they use bikes here for is just unbelivable.. taken today on the blackberry off that sucker and this scooter would become the drift king of Asia... I saw a G of hydrogen take off at a chemcal plant once.. went through two solid brick walls and into car outside and demolish the car...

Just knock the valve

post-135230-0-56328400-1337667811_thumb.

Cheers

Thanks thaicbr.. suspect this might be the case.... mind you what they use bikes here for is just unbelivable.. taken today on the blackberry off that sucker and this scooter would become the drift king of Asia... I saw a G of hydrogen take off at a chemcal plant once.. went through two solid brick walls and into car outside and demolish the car...

Just knock the valve

sometimes i see gas delivery carrying 2-3 large cylinders on te back of an old kawasaki gto

like this except triple the load :

bikeload6.jpg

its like riding beside a bomb on wheels ,only secured by an elastic bungee cord ......ermm.gif

Cheers

Just knock the valve

sometimes i see gas delivery carrying 2-3 large cylinders on te back of an old kawasaki gto

like this except triple the load :

bikeload6.jpg

its like riding beside a bomb on wheels ,only secured by an elastic bungee cord ......ermm.gif

Yes its all bad no doubt but at least the LPG cylinders have a metal cover protecting the valve.. this G cyliner had naked valve.. one pass to close to a parker car and the cylinder valve is off and you have instant rocket

You can only ride a foreign registered motorcycle into Vietnam with a formal invitation from the Vietnamese government and you are required to have a licensed Vietnamese guide with you during your ride.

There are a number of Vietnamese travel agents who can arrange this.

Check out the Vietnam section of the Golden Triangle Rider forum for more details including contact info for some recommended tour companies.

Ride on!

Tony

You can only ride a foreign registered motorcycle into Vietnam with a formal invitation from the Vietnamese government and you are required to have a licensed Vietnamese guide with you during your ride.

Check out the Vietnam section of the Golden Triangle Rider forum for more details including contact info for some recommended tour companies.

Ride on!

Tony

Thanks tony, can I request my licensed guide be tall and leggy ????

Ride on!

Tony

Be careful what you ask for mate! giggle.gif

miss_ladyboy_03.jpg

Ride on!

Tony

miss_ladyboy_03.jpg

There's some nice looking boys in that line up.

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Ride on!

Tony

miss_ladyboy_03.jpg

There's some nice looking boys in that line up.

OUCH!!!! - I now set down my beer and go to sleep....

Ride on!

Tony

miss_ladyboy_03.jpg

You should keep your private life a bit more private ........;)

Ride on!

Tony

miss_ladyboy_03.jpg

You should keep your private life a bit more private ........wink.png

I am wondering: Is this a coming out?

Why the hell does a tough guy google the term ladyboy to find adequate pictures?

wink.png

what makes you think he didnt have that pic in his phone from the weekend ?

Not hard to guess how his brain works :)

WOW. Its good to see the Wan brothers at their best... get a room :blink:

• Like 1

Not hard to guess how his brain works smile.png

WOW. Its good to see the Wan brothers at their best... get a room blink.png

If anyone should get a room ,its yourself and tony .....and take those ladyboys as well .........;)

Not hard to guess how his brain works smile.png

WOW. Its good to see the Wan brothers at their best... get a room blink.png

DNFTT bro. That pic of the ladyboys sure got the Wana-tan trolls all worked up, eh? thumbsup.gif

I know about posting a deposit with customs, but I rode alone in Vietnam. I wanted to ride and went.

now working on a future trip with a few others too

Did you ride a Thai registered bike into Vietnam? Or fly there and ride a Vietnamese registered bike?

I know about posting a deposit with customs, but I rode alone in Vietnam. I wanted to ride and went.

now working on a future trip with a few others too

What size bike???

This trip definitely sounds interesting, would love to go sometime. If there is ever an open invitation to ride with a group let me know. Hopefully 650cc bike is big enough, if not guess I'm out...

From all the trip reports I've read regarding riding in Vietnam, it sounds like there aren't many roads where you can go fast and even if you can that they are super strict about speed limits and that therefore bringing in a foreign registered big bike might be a bit of a waste.

That said, it would be fun to do it just for sake of doing it. thumbsup.gif

The other option, which is a lot easier and less paperwork and expense, is to just fly there and rent a locally registered bike. I think if you do this you no longer need to have a guide accompany you, which is another bonus.

Happy Trails!

Tony