Shocked And Flabergasted At Rimping Today

gennisis

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually the only food to watch out for when you take Warfarin is the dark green veggies. If I had a kitchen it would just take up space. Besides I like my location.

Rubbish!!

You are just talking foods that interact with Warfarin. I presume you have cholesterol levels off the scale and if you are receiving Warfarin from Dr. Morgan, then she is treating you for athersclerosis, which is narrowing of the arteries/vessels due to accumulation of greasy gunge over the years. Warfarin won't remove the gunge, but a good diet might prevent them closing altogether....your blood can only be thinned so much....and you really can't get a camel through the eye of a needle!

Back on topic, SK's prices are very good.....Rimping marks most things over the top, but entices customers in with a few low priced items just like any other store.

I'm relatively certain that uptheos was a Doctor in a previous (pre-Thailand) life.smile.png

Isn't buying pre cooked food just laziness.Very few people I would suggest don't have kitchen. Buying mashed potaoes and casserole packs when you can cook up more than you need at home, and leave what you dont use, in the fridge for another day. Maybe a poll on who uses the fresh food markets and saves heaps of money against buying at Rimping/Tops would confirm that the take away mentality is alive and well in CM.

That same logic can be applied to every consumer good under the sun. Do you also buy freshly cut trees to carve your own furniture? Do you buy cotton to make your own clothes? Both of those would would save you heaps more money than just going to the store and buying pre-made items. Does that mean you're just lazy?

Its really about convenience, I guess.. Just as you probably lack the time and the skills necessary to convert raw cotton to thread, weave it to cloth and then stitch your own clothes, the same concept applies to other people when it comes to preparing food.

Some of us are not old retirees, with nothing better to do that waste our time cooking elaborate dinners while we wait to die. Some of us have full time jobs where we put in 60, 80 hours a week and/ or don't know how to cook. Sure I could squander what precious little free time I have left over in the week to try to prepare a casserole. But I'd much rather drop a little coin on a pre-made one and be able to dedicate my remaining free time to more meaningful pursuits.

-Mestizo

"...........wait to die." Come on, that's a bit strong. I'm a retiree and I don't have enough hours in the day to do all the things I want to do.

Hi

gennisis Please before you post about Sausage King Get your facts right we do not sell mash potato or gravy at 120 Baht We sell at 70 Baht each But we do sell sausage with mash and gravy as a ready made meal at 129 baht. We sell our meals much cheaper and much better quality then the rest. Maybe somebody put you up to this post ??? if you look at our section in Rimping we have put a price list up so customers can see clear our cheap prices before they buy Not like some who sell at Rimping for nearly double our price.

This whole thing of bashing of SK is no different than the jealous competitors who bash the success of the Dukes, jealous bookstore owners who bash Gecko's success, etc., etc. It really gets old.

• Like 2

Actually the only food to watch out for when you take Warfarin is the dark green veggies. If I had a kitchen it would just take up space. Besides I like my location.

Rubbish!!

You are just talking foods that interact with Warfarin. I presume you have cholesterol levels off the scale and if you are receiving Warfarin from Dr. Morgan, then she is treating you for athersclerosis, which is narrowing of the arteries/vessels due to accumulation of greasy gunge over the years. Warfarin won't remove the gunge, but a good diet might prevent them closing altogether....your blood can only be thinned so much....and you really can't get a camel through the eye of a needle!

Back on topic, SK's prices are very good.....Rimping marks most things over the top, but entices customers in with a few low priced items just like any other store.

I'm relatively certain that uptheos was a Doctor in a previous (pre-Thailand) life.smile.png

Either that or a patient for a whole lot of different things.smile.png

This whole thing of bashing of SK is no different than the jealous competitors who bash the success of the Dukes, jealous bookstore owners who bash Gecko's success, etc., etc. It really gets old.

Geckos is great....bought a book of them and sent off very quickly.....great follow up service too and each and every email answered promptly.

The sausage king products are very expensive and a very poor quality product I wouldn't pay 1 baht for one of thier tasteless pies, ugh disgusting. very little filling and just a tasteless gellitine inside. tried them once and never go back and warned my friends off them as well.

Edited by chooka
  • Like 2

Well Well Well....such ructions over my original post...amazing!

I have sent a private message to Sausage King ....no apology,since none was called for...my post was true and factual of the event,at that time.

However the mulitude of replies on the forum was getting a little out of hand.Why people had to post personal remarks is beyond me....a sign of their mentality I guess....sad!

From what I've seen, Rob takes all the criticism on the chin and deals with it instead of whining, like some.

In spite of the ultra negative comments by certain people, his business seems to be getting bigger and bigger by the day and no doubt will continue to do so......he must be doing something right, because an awful lot of people buy his products.

Edited by uptheos

From what I've seen, Rob takes all the criticism on the chin and deals with it instead of whining, like some.

In spite of the ultra negative comments by certain people, his business seems to be getting bigger and bigger by the day and no doubt will continue to do so......he must be doing something right, because an awful lot of people buy his products.

yes some like to have a dig at sausage king?? However we have the highest sales in Rimping per month on western foods. We sell over 5.000 pies per month in 33 supermarkets around Thailand because our pies are of the best quality and around 300g-350g per pie so not sure which brand CHOOKA is on about ???. Guess its Round 2 now right ???

.All sk products are of the best quality and our sales prove that.

Edited by SausageKing

yes some like to have a dig at sausage king?? However we have the highest sales in Rimping per month on western foods. We sell over 5.000 pies per month in 33 supermarkets around Thailand because our pies are of the best quality and around 300g-350g per pie so not sure which brand CHOOKA is on about ???. Guess its Round 2 now right ???

Hey, with a name like 'Sausage King'......life must be good. wink.png

Hey, with a name like 'Sausage King'......life must be good. wink.png

You must all wonder why they call me the sausage king ?? He He

critisism is good for business, if it is not up to customer standards then you can fix it remember it is the customer who is making him rich. I must agree thier pies do need more filling they are light on. Bought a chicken pie for our son and counted 4 little bits of chicken in it, the rest was a clear lumpy sought of thing and felt ripped off I think we paid around 68 bht fot it which is extreemly expensive by thai standards. Have a bakery back home which make the best pies, chocked full of meat and a meal on thier own for around 50 baht (1.80 Aud)

Maybe us Aussies are harder to please and won't settle for 2nd best when it come to a great Aussie Icon, "The Meat Pie." The meat pie in Australia is up there with Kangaroos and Vegemite and if it doesn't meet the high quality Australian standards then it's just not a meet pie.

Please take this as constructive criticism. Out of curiosity I bought three of your products last week. Your beef stew, breakfast sausage and meat & potato pot pie. The beef stew was very flavorful with plenty of meat, the breakfast sausage has a great flavor and cooked up nicely. The pie was a disappointment as it was very short on meat while filled with potato. The meat used in the pie I bought was minced from what I could tell and I really had to search for it. Is this the way Brits enjoy their steak & potato pot pies? Just asking.
  • Like 2

The sausage king products are very expensive and a very poor quality product I wouldn't pay 1 baht for one of thier tasteless pies, ugh disgusting. very little filling and just a tasteless gellitine inside. tried them once and never go back and warned my friends off them as well.

Did you try the sausages...only asking cos thinking to get some and compare to our other supplier....but they are a long way away and to get delivered it would need to be a reasonable sized order.

Did you try the sausages...only asking cos thinking to get some and compare to our other supplier....but they are a long way away and to get delivered it would need to be a reasonable sized order.

Thier sausages are o.k and I do purchase them when I can't get my prefered ones. I get my beef sausages from a japanese grocery in bulk and they seem to sell out faster than they can get them, luckily we know the owner and she saves us 5 kg . 1/2 the price of sausage king as well and nicer. personal choice I guess.

Please take this as constructive criticism. Out of curiosity I bought three of your products last week. Your beef stew, breakfast sausage and meat & potato pot pie. The beef stew was very flavorful with plenty of meat, the breakfast sausage has a great flavor and cooked up nicely. The pie was a disappointment as it was very short on meat while filled with potato. The meat used in the pie I bought was minced from what I could tell and I really had to search for it. Is this the way Brits enjoy their steak & potato pot pies? Just asking.

Yes you are right and the meat and potato does have a lot of potato in as its does is the UK. Hollands pies in the uk are the same,If you try sausage king steak & onion you will feel like you have had a meat overdose he he.We also sell veggie pies for the vegetarians.The meat and potato is not the right choice if you like meat,pick any steak pie.Rob. Edited by SausageKing

Maybe us Aussies are harder to please and won't settle for 2nd best when it come to a great Aussie Icon, "The Meat Pie." The meat pie in Australia is up there with Kangaroos and Vegemite and if it doesn't meet the high quality Australian standards then it's just not a meet pie.

Great pies indeed from the land down under,thumbsup.gif but it took me a while to figure out how to eat a pokie!

chooka, I hope that you don't use your computer at home in Thailand. Because with libel laws in this country SK could own your hat. You really should know that you are not allowed to say bad things at all even if true or can be proven. A few web pages have been seriously shut down because the posters have made negative comments about people or specific businesses. You might say that it is not your choice, or that you don't care for something, but your statements are just rude, biased, and not even accurate.

As for the quality of the products. You cannot dispute that he uses good ingredients. As for flavorless, impossible, you may not like the flavors but it is impossible that they are flavorless.

SK quality is for certain, value not really but for a small business making this kind of product reasonable. Is there anything that he makes that you cannot at home for cheaper, of course not. If you don't like his products or no something of curing and smoking, then make your own. It is easy if you follow the correct recipe. The wrong recipe may harm you badly.

I don't buy SK products, but to say bad things about them is stupid. If you knew anything about cooking, curing meats, you wouldn't say that he uses bad ingredients.

I do not like everything SK makes but I like most of what I have had and it is all of good quality despite whether I like it or not. If I do not want something I do not make a fuss about it, I would either tell him privately if I thought it was a poor batch or not buy it if it was a matter of taste.

THe only problem I have found is that the bacon continues to cure in the freezer so I have learned not to keep it too long.

Few if any sponsors would take the criticism that SK takes and I was even more disappointed to see that one of the critics was a forum Moderator.

Edited by harrry

mashed potatoes are always expensive here. At KFC (I know don't kill me) A chicken breast is 35 baht but a small mashed (lg. to them) is 89 baht. Or something like that.

KFC prices are regional and I find the mashed prices in line with here. I just picked up some KFC and the small mashed cost 29 Baht. Malaysia it is around 21 Baht, New Zealand around 64 Baht and US around 52 Baht.

Have all these countries gone over to using Thai Bhart then?

Few if any sponsors would take the criticism that SK takes and I was even more disappointed to see that one of the critics was a forum Moderator.

I think Rob knows that his business is sound enough and doesn't need to worry about some criticism.

chooka, I hope that you don't use your computer at home in Thailand. Because with libel laws in this country SK could own your hat. You really should know that you are not allowed to say bad things at all even if true or can be proven. A few web pages have been seriously shut down because the posters have made negative comments about people or specific businesses

Shouldn't you leave this for the Mods to decide? smile.png

chooka, I hope that you don't use your computer at home in Thailand. Because with libel laws in this country SK could own your hat. You really should know that you are not allowed to say bad things at all even if true or can be proven. A few web pages have been seriously shut down because the posters have made negative comments about people or specific businesses

Shouldn't you leave this for the Mods to decide? smile.png

Well am still alive and baking. Got some lovely big sausage rolls being made for Friday and Saturday and made with home made puff pastry that made with real Aussie butter and sk sausage meat.Hot out the oven tomorrow and Saturday so come direct and treat yourself.

post-112062-0-13890200-1337858049_thumb.

chooka, I hope that you don't use your computer at home in Thailand. Because with libel laws in this country SK could own your hat. You really should know that you are not allowed to say bad things at all even if true or can be proven. A few web pages have been seriously shut down because the posters have made negative comments about people or specific businesses. You might say that it is not your choice, or that you don't care for something, but your statements are just rude, biased, and not even accurate.

As for the quality of the products. You cannot dispute that he uses good ingredients. As for flavorless, impossible, you may not like the flavors but it is impossible that they are flavorless.

SK quality is for certain, value not really but for a small business making this kind of product reasonable. Is there anything that he makes that you cannot at home for cheaper, of course not. If you don't like his products or no something of curing and smoking, then make your own. It is easy if you follow the correct recipe. The wrong recipe may harm you badly.

I don't buy SK products, but to say bad things about them is stupid. If you knew anything about cooking, curing meats, you wouldn't say that he uses bad ingredients.

I actually said; "Thier sausages are o.k and I do purchase them when I can't get my prefered ones." I didn't realise that being honest about my taste in food was a bad thing and I could be sued just because I find another product nicer. Ok I will retract it and say "sausage King is simply delicious and the best food I have ever eaten, there is nothing in this world that I would rather eat."