My Galaxy Note Got Ics Today.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I just got an unexpected 103 MB over-the-air update today on my Galaxy Note GT-N7000B. Looking at the About screen under Settings, it went from Android 4.0.3 to 4.0.4. The only explanation as to what the update was for said "improved stability."

I'm not sure if there were some Samsung App upgrades that came with this also? Anybody know if there is a place to read up on details about these kind of updates?

I must say that the update was painless, taking about 10 minutes to download and install, and I have all my past settings and data. Unlike the ICS upgrade I had done at the Samsung Service Center (last June), where the technician updated the OS, and then proceeded to do an unnecessary Factory Data Reset, returning my phone data, apps, etc. to new-out-of-the-box condition.

For those that may want to see the specifics of what changed on the About screen:

Before:

2012-08-13140546.png

After:

2012-08-13154156.png

• 1 month later...

I just got another upgrade today for my Galaxy Note 1. Android version remains 4.0.4

Unlike past upgrades, this one did some noticeable things:

● During restart from upgrade, offered to backup and restore items like SMS, MMS, etc. with my SAMSUNG account (not Google.) I'd like to know more about what's behind that, since it seems to duplicate Google functions.

● Rearranged my icons and screens. mad.gif

● Changed the Applications screens to now always have the Apps / Widgets choices at the top. Seems to me that's a function that's not used on a daily basis, so why put it out there where it takes screen space and could get accidentally bumped?

I'll try to get some screens posted here soon.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by Sam Drucker