Hang Dong Expats Meet Up?

davehowden

Any expats around Hang Dong?

Is there anywhere to meet up and have a few beers and good natter and maybe some eye candy?

I live about 2 k from to Big C (Carrefour as was) in a small place named Ban Sentor, sometimes I think I am going stir crazy and it's a bit of hike into CM.

Dave.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big C Food Center? Has beer girls too. (Either Big C along the Hang Dong road)

Or for a bit higher-end (and no eye candy) : Rosewood Restaurant at Kad Farang.

Either way it's good to pick an easy, well known public spot for a first meet up. People who want something shadier later can then move on.

As an aside, I personally don't really get the distance argument.. I've seen several posts on the forum going like 'where can I find XYZ in San Sai', as if San Sai is half a world away from down town. And there's yellow Songtells going into town. Ok if you live in Om Koi or Fang then yes. But San Sai or Hang Dong? Either way it would make for a nice change to not go into town but go out & misehave in the boonies; no argument there.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I'm a Northern Hang Dongian, count me in.

Have you done the 50 bar/1 shot Hang Dong to San Patong and back loop?

Start at Ratchapruck down the canal to SP and back up the Hang Dong road.

And there's yellow Songtells going into town.

Winnie, this isn't the correct strategy. Don't do it. First Nancy condoning it, and now you imitating it.

Please reconsider.

• Like 2

This sounds like a good idea. I know there's talk of an eventual TV member 'party' in the works - weren't they affectionately called 'pissups' not too long ago ? But it could be fun for a few of us to meet and check out the Big C courtyard or any of the ring roads' bars. I rarely make time to sit n enjoy time out of my usual haunts in town, but remember fondly the times I used to back a few years ago. Many of them have better-than-reasonable beer and food specials. IN fact, the food can be pretty serious at some of the unassuming roadside bars.

Btw, I'm super excited by Farlongs like Winnie being happy to use songtells !

• Like 2

With a personal ad like this DH; first thing i suggest is for you to change your photo, it scares even me, I dont rate my chances of pulling well with the ladies if I am with Worzel Gummidge.

I think it's the other way around, you'd look more acceptable in comparison! Girls have to sit down with someone right, so better chance it'll be you when Worzel Gummidge joins. wink.png

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

More seriously: How to we ensure that only true Hang Donglers join, and no beady eyed folk from lesser districts come crashing the party? Should we require a residence statement from Immigration, a work permit or Thai driver's license?

bu-bu-but I work in Hang Dong :(

Live near Wat Umong.

• Like 1

I'm up for it.... bar or restaurant?

I'm up for it.... bar or restaurant?

I was thinking bar, evening time about 7pm? We could meet first in the beer area of Big C # 2 (as they call it, used to be Carrefour) and then nominate somebody to choose the next venue? Probably not much there to look at but it would be a start. Any other thoughts, if your not a Hang-Dongian you have to bring 2 yum yums with you, OK.

• Like 1

More seriously: How to we ensure that only true Hang Donglers join, and no beady eyed folk from lesser districts come crashing the party? Should we require a residence statement from Immigration, a work permit or Thai driver's license?

I am sure you are joking again. What is wrong with ANYONE turning up from any district (even though you may consider them to come from "lesser districts") to meet other farangs? Is this some sort of elitism?

This is not what I have come to learn from your posts.:-)

Edited by Raindancer

I am sure you are joking again. What is wrong with ANYONE turning up from any district (even though you may consider them to come from "lesser districts") to meet other farangs? Is this some sort of elitism?

LOL... Yes, this is just a case of post-104736-0-25713000-1337370784.gif

I'm sure everyone is welcome, even fancy pants city boys.. ;)

LOL... Yes, this is just a case of post-104736-0-25713000-1337370784.gif

I'm sure everyone is welcome, even fancy pants city boys.. wink.png

Not a fancy pants city boy, living in the Uluu! But thanks for your reply

An evening of drinking beer in the beer area's of Big C and Carfoo, probably on to Tesco later for those that want some real excitement, you make it all sound too appealing.

LOL, well, two things: Those food centers are actually pretty popular during lunch and after-work hours; lots of cute beer girls there who will make sure your glass never goes empty, and will bring you any snacks or food that you order too. It's a remarkably civilized way of starting off the evening AND it's easy to find, easy to park and easy to meet up.

I live near to Lotus HANG DONG. I'll probably be up for a few beers. Hopefully everyone else isn't going to turn up with their balls all shiny, so to speak.

What does that expression mean? Smartly turned out?

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Like all things...it depends upon your standards which seem to drop in Thailand.. Long trousers decent shirt ....sandals or shorts of decent standard and polo shirt with sandals as footwear. But maybe not armless "T" shirt and sports shorts and cheap flip flops.

But every one is different and from different cultures. Do whatever makes you feel comfortable and does not offend the Thai public.

When I go out I usually wear jeans and a button down shirt with rolled up sleeves. Unless I am just grabbing food, then Jeans and a t-shirt.

Since my work has me wearing fishermen pants, a lanna shirt and sandals I like to dress up to get away from the Khao San road / Masseuse vibe. But I love the comfort factor.

An evening of drinking beer in the beer area's of Big C and Carfoo, probably on to Tesco later for those that want some real excitement, you make it all sound too appealing.

So whats your suggestion ?

Edited by Tywais
Removed inflammatory term

Doing a visa run on Friday, can we make it Saturday, I will be wearing flip flops, T shirt and shorts, I aim to impress. Boring farts do not need to come.

Posted from my Dick Tracey 20 baht wrist transceiver

Edited by davehowden

Doing a visa run on Friday, can we make it Saturday, I will be wearing flip flops, T shirt and shorts, I aim to impress. Boring farts do not need to come.

Posted from my Dick Tracey 20 baht wrist transceiver

Is a Mankini and 99 baht Crocs acceptable dress? :D

I kind of like the Federbrau and Asahi babes at TescoLotus but the wife gets real angry if I look at them. Maybe I could slip out to meet some hang dongers (sounds suss) on pretext of needing groceries? [Gotta keep freezer stocked... after all, where to eat after midnight in CM?] ;);)

So whats your suggestion ?

Pick a bar somewhere, a place with a pool table and music perhaps, it's just that I find the idea of drinking beer in shopping mall a real turn off, but each to their own.