Hang Dong Expats Meet Up?

davehowden

Hello Winnie, BlackArtemis et al,

Yes, I am very sorry for not turning up as planned; a case of the trots after some Burmese food on the visa run; and yes it is a long way from town; hence my inquiry to those who live in Hang Dong; and yes there are not many decent places.

So it's back to the wine bar opposite ROSEWOOD in Kad Farang for me.

Dave

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... Hello?

Ok I'm just a little late, but I'm looking at a billion Thai people and no Farlongs. I like this Big C by the way, remarkably smiley staff, and they have a dedicated Cowboy shop.

Anyway, I'm waiting for the next Songtell and if that doesn't deliver a crowd then I'm off to drive the 100 miles to Loi Kroh.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=G6NNGVHrqho[/media]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLKiMbC6s2k

I have seen these sort of threads before and have surely been tempted to participate and meet up.

But I think most of these are a load of hot air and rarely does anyone turn up anyway, so I don`t bother.

If this was the real deal and some did turn up, I would be interested to hear what transpired?

You got that one right, be interesting to see the long (or possibly short) list of excuses and apologies, this is where the creative talents of posters begins to show. Well you see, I was going to come and was in fact on my way there when unavoidably a meteor, not a big one mind, crashed down a few feet away and injuted this old man who was on his way to the temple along with his thirteen grandchildren ........saai.gif

• Like 2

I have seen these sort of threads before and have surely been tempted to participate and meet up.

But I think most of these are a load of hot air and rarely does anyone turn up anyway, so I don`t bother.

If this was the real deal and some did turn up, I would be interested to hear what transpired?

You got that one right, be interesting to see the long (or possibly short) list of excuses and apologies, this is where the creative talents of posters begins to show. Well you see, I was going to come and was in fact on my way there when unavoidably a meteor, not a big one mind, crashed down a few feet away and injuted this old man who was on his way to the temple along with his thirteen grandchildren ........saai.gif

There are genuine people that post here, knowledgeable, interesting, funny, abrasive, sarcastic etc......but in the main genuine.

I think I've sorted out a good selection who I could trust to be true to their word, but as for the rest........well, I guess it's a lottery, you pay your money and take your chances.

• Like 2

Well from the sounds of it only maximum of ten said they would go and they were not entirely sure of where. Being as the whole idea was to get together and have a piss up maybe some of them were all ready stuck to a bar stool.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Name and shame I say, until they grovel and offer up an excuse and an apology to Winnie, why, we can even have a competition for the most pathetic plausible excuse with the winner earning a free beer at the Big C beer hall.

Name and shame I say, until they grovel and offer up an excuse and an apology to Winnie, why, we can even have a competition for the most pathetic plausible excuse with the winner earning a free beer at the Big C beer hall.

Yes, it must have been a real hassle for him to drive all the way to BigC in vain. I hope he got his satisfaction at Loi Kroh. smile.png

Edited by Semper

Well here is the results of a pole for a Thai Visa Chiang Mai area party.

Would you go to a Thaivisa party at all?

1. Of course! (65 votes [64.36%] - View)
  2. Yes but only if the drinks are free. (11 votes [10.89%] - View)
  3. bullet_star_rated.png No, not interested in meeting other thaivisa members (25 votes [24.75%] - View)

4. In the whole area only 76 people will go and out of that many 11 will go only if there is free drinks. Is any one surprised Hang Dong couldn't put any thing together.

Yes, it must have been a real hassle for him to drive all the way to BigC in vain. I hope he got his satisfaction at Loi Kroh. smile.png

Man what a pathetic coment -- I think this was a good use of Thai Visa to open up some opportunities for people to get together but the a--holes do there thing -- I think this is why the participation is going down - the owners know what I mean - God bless the good hearted people!!

Yeah, no worries. ;) it was all good anyway as it still made for a good excuse to bugger off on a Saturday night and return late. ;)

And I learned that there are really a lot of people around there at that Big C. There's a restaurant in front of it, kids play area and overall it looks nice and modern. I had been there during the day to shop, but never in the evening.

The other Hang Dong Big C has the edge though, as there is a now very popular hangout in front called Tha Prachan.

It should also be pointed out that WTK was one of those who voted "No, not interested in meeting other thaivisa members".

coffee1.gif

I took it as a show of hands on who would be attending.. That option was the closest as I didn't plan on going to a big organized event. A small relatively impromptu meet-up I don't mind. I'm not THAT anti-social. ;)

Man what a pathetic coment -- I think this was a good use of Thai Visa to open up some opportunities for people to get together but the a--holes do there thing -- I think this is why the participation is going down - the owners know what I mean - God bless the good hearted people!!

And I'm not sure I know what you mean! I also think the idea was sound but where it fell down is that 95% of the people who said they would join in, failed to show up, that I think is the pathetic part, it'll certainly make people think twice before trying to arrange something similar in the future and that's sad.

And I'm not sure I know what you mean! I also think the idea was sound but where it fell down is that 95% of the people who said they would join in, failed to show up, that I think is the pathetic part, it'll certainly make people think twice before trying to arrange something similar in the future and that's sad.

I hope he got his satisfaction at Loi Kroh. THis is what I mean by pathetic -- to what point does this comment add to anything!! re read my comment -- the owners know what I mean

Well from the sounds of it only maximum of ten said they would go and they were not entirely sure of where. Being as the whole idea was to get together and have a piss up maybe some of them were all ready stuck to a bar stool.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Do you always crack up at your own mildly humorous statements? unsure.png

Do you always crack up at your own mildly humorous statements? unsure.png

Not all of them but I notice you follow me around like a little puppy so I figure you must.clap2.gif

I hope he got his satisfaction at Loi Kroh. THis is what I mean by pathetic -- to what point does this comment add to anything!! re read my comment -- the owners know what I mean

It was okay. The crippled midget at Carnival is always a lot of fun, and I met some other friends and people I chatted with the night before. Had two beers and destroyed some people at Connect 4. So, satisfied: I suppose so. Par for the course at least.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I believe that you are looking at the word "satisfaction" as having only one context, whereas there are in fact several, all of which are not necessarily sexual.

I believe that you are looking at the word "satisfaction" as having only one context, whereas there are in fact several, all of which are not necessarily sexual.

It was a happy ending of the other kind.