Hang Dong Expats Meet Up?

davehowden

really nice Dave,

being a senior member here, you organize a meeting but are not there yourself, not even a pre-warning

I was there and stayed until 7:10.

If this is typical for thaivisa....woow.....

Regards,

Hans

Hello Winnie, BlackArtemis et al,

Yes, I am very sorry for not turning up as planned; a case of the trots after some Burmese food on the visa run; and yes it is a long way from town; hence my inquiry to those who live in Hang Dong; and yes there are not many decent places.

So it's back to the wine bar opposite ROSEWOOD in Kad Farang for me.

Dave

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really nice Dave,

being a senior member here, you organize a meeting but are not there yourself, not even a pre-warning

Regards,

Hans

Hello Winnie, BlackArtemis et al,

Yes, I am very sorry for not turning up as planned; a case of the trots after some Burmese food on the visa run; and yes it is a long way from town; hence my inquiry to those who live in Hang Dong; and yes there are not many decent places.

So it's back to the wine bar opposite ROSEWOOD in Kad Farang for me.

Dave

What I recall, the 'meet up' was supposed to be 19.30.

Fortunately you don't have to recall, as it's right here on pages 1, 2 and 3. Not that it matters much now, of course.

Anyway, it's probably better for any future meets to pick something where people would naturally go on common evenings to go out. Could be a Farang owned restaurant or pub, and then people can just go when they feel like, or when only a couple people show up then that's just fine too.

Something like Number 1 Bar. Which by the way will be opening a very promising new venue, on the river.

Fortunately you don't have to recall, as it's right here on pages 1, 2 and 3. Not that it matters much now, of course.

Anyway, it's probably better for any future meets to pick something where people would naturally go on common evenings to go out. Could be a Farang owned restaurant or pub, and then people can just go when they feel like, or when only a couple people show up then that's just fine too.

Something like Number 1 Bar. Which by the way will be opening a very promising new venue, on the river.

Co-owner or the like springs to mind . As you always (nearly) mention this bar when you frequent the city. rolleyes.gif

Co-owner or the like springs to mind . As you always (nearly) mention this bar when you frequent the city. rolleyes.gif

I wish. :rolleyes:

I mention it not because I go there all that much, but because it's run a lot more professionally than the typical Loi Kroh bar. I often have better times at the typical Loi Kroh bars, but they're more unpredictable and more hit & miss. Number 1 bar at times feels a bit like it's managed to death, but it IS reliable as a somewhat more respectable place to meet up and start an evening.

really nice Dave,

Regards,

Hans

Sorry HANSBAK for your disappointment. As I explained in an earlier post I had the sh..ts.

So you stayed 10 minutes. Maybe you could have managed without me do you think?

Certainly the topic has proved "entertaining" to many.

• 1 month later...

Guys, what do you do for transport back out to the sticks when venturing into town? Tuk tuks would cost the same price as a short stay? Song-toes dont run in the wee hours. Driving when sloppy that far on those roads??

I just don't get sloppy :shrug:

Guys, what do you do for transport back out to the sticks when venturing into town? Tuk tuks would cost the same price as a short stay? Song-toes dont run in the wee hours. Driving when sloppy that far on those roads??

I have difficulty running on two toes at the best of times. As for trying it in the sloppy wee hours, forget it!