Atm's In Conveniance Stores - 7, Family Mart Etc

Does anyone know if using the atm which s located on the outiside (but the atm machine is physically inside the store) of a convenience store ( 7/11, family mart etc) incurs a surcharge - as the store wants to make some money too - or there is no surcharge.

I use a uk nationwide visa debit card and have nationwide cirrus cards too. I dont use a thai bank atm card.

I had a look at the left slips the other day outside a 7 and it seems that various thai bank cards were used in the bkk bank atm, but from the slip i could not see a surcharge was levied.

Cheers

I only know of two types of surcharge. One is when you use a local atm card outside the area of issue and the other is when you use another local bank atm card at an "ATM Pool" machine more than three times in one month.

The surcharges vary from Nil-Zilch with N/W to anything up to £15 on each withdrawal of £100.

The Big Bank Robbers are the worse but some people just seem to love throwing their Dosh away.

some bad news for the future..... :o

Say No to ATM charges, says Nationwide(13 Dec 2005)...FYI....

Nationwide Building Society has predicted that the UK's consumers will pay more than ever for the privilege of withdrawing their money in 2006.

Charging ATM machines are soaring in number, strategically placed to entice busy shoppers and revellers to part with their hard-earned cash for the sake of convenience.

For example, many of the UK's 24,000 charging machines are found near where queues form at station ticket offices, or in popular pubs and restaurants, where £1.25 is the average amount charged per transaction.

The offending machines have gone from virtual non-existence in 1999 to accounting for an incredible 43 per cent of the total number of ATMs this year.

A decisive 93 per cent of the UK public believe they should not have to pay to take out their money, but Nationwide is warning that as much as £18 million will still be charged in December as the rush to buy Christmas presents, food and drink intensifies, equivalent to around £25,000 an hour.

However, Nationwide executive director, Stuart Bernau, is still encouraging customers to resist the temptation and read the compulsory warning signs.

He said: "People should say no to charging cash machines and make ATM fees a ghost of Christmas past."

I was under the impression that the Nationwide Flex Account offered free withdrawals from oversees ATMs - as implied on their website.

So i would assume that your receipt was correct - and you should not have seen any surcharge.

Nationwide flex account withdrawls are free everywhere. never had a single baht charge on any slip ever

The surcharges you saw on other peoples slips were for when say a SCB customer uses a Ayudaya cash machine, then the charge is 20 baht.

Being nosy and checking other folks balances were you?

Guest endure

I've never had it happen to me in Thailand with a NW card but there is always the possibility that the bank whose ATM machine you're using MAY make a charge on a withdrawal.

My situation is the closest atms are scb and bkk bank - scb is in family mart and bkk bank is in 7.

I have withdrawn manay many times from bkk bank and not had a charge - i also withdrew from scb and got an amazing rate but i think this was just timing.

Si what i really want to know is has anyoen withdrawn froma bkk atm in 7 with a nationwide card and been charged or a scb bank atm in family and been charged ? be nice to know more generally - seems that the concensus so far is no charges but no one has said they have withdrawn from a convenience store and been or not been charged...

What i cant figure is how the convenience store makes cash from the atm as well.

Its not hard to look at other people slips - theres loads of them on the atm and theres no information on there that could be used or abused...

Nationwide flex account withdrawls are free everywhere. never had a single baht charge on any slip ever

The surcharges you saw on other peoples slips were for when say a SCB customer uses a Ayudaya cash machine, then the charge is 20 baht.

Being nosy and checking other folks balances were you?

ATM pool charge is 3 baht only. If 20 baht it must be out of area. In any case not cause for many sleepless nights for most of us. :o