Odourless Durians To Hit The Market

Lite Beer

That must be like sleeping with a "fisherman's wife".......( Sorry for those who like the "real ones.")

Same size and weight. Doesn't talk too much either.

Were American scientists involved??? laugh.png

post-108180-0-59272400-1337816805_thumb.

Edited by sirchai

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you substitute "Thai politics and blatant corruption" for the newspaper's characterization of durian, it works well:

"The spiky Thai politics and blatant corruption has long been known for its penetrating and pungent odour and is offensive to those who do not have an acquired taste for it."

• Like 1

That must be like sleeping with a "fisherman's wife".......( Sorry for those who like the "real ones.")

post-12195-0-44729100-1337821757.jpg

Same size and weight. Doesn't talk too much either.

Were American scientists involved??? laugh.png

Thanks, now we all know how Ronald McDonald looks like undressed. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Payboy
  • Like 1

This is like drinking beer without fizz.

This is like eating melted ice cream, cake without icing, steak without gravy, etc.

IT IS JUST PLAIN WRONG!!! WR@NG

You obviously wouldn't appreciate a good English real ale then.

And steak with gravy?

Or am I the one with odd tastes?

However I do agree with your sentiment, if not the examples you have provided.

Its like eating custard in a dirty urinal That is the best way I have heard someone describe it. I use to consider it Vietnamese birth control my old girlfriend would eat that and I would not get near her. My current Thai girlfriend said the Thais eat it differently than the Vietnamese I guess that I will never know!

Our taste relies heavily on smell. If one takes a way the smell.. the result sounds like eating Thai food in western country. The basic form is there, but taste is more like eating paper towels.

I guess this could be an first step for introducing durians for new consumers. Also hotels etc. can allow the fruits to their selections as the smell would not disturb the customers who have not yet learned to love the odor.

i've actually sampled one of these and didn't notice any difference at all.. that was until i realised i was still wearing my stale & sweaty week old hiking socks at the time.

Well the common garden variety would definitely have your hiking socks vying for a place in Chanel No 5's list of ingredients.

I've never tried Durian or really examined one too much because of how many people (locals) I know who have got sick from eating bad ones. I wonder if not having a natural odor will help identify ones that have gone bad.

Regardless, I'd be more in favor of seeing more availability of seedless fruits.

Lovely odour, pungent, eating them for 31 years --and NEVER ever heard of locals being sick through eating them, but living amongst the people locally, I have a good Idea on reality. The problem with the fruit is that very few locals eat them, 3 pieces in a pack sell in the shops for 150 bht, half a days wage, out of reach of LOCALS, In one soft piece there is one stone and is no problem, pips tend to get inbetween your teeth, these really are NOT pips. Be adventurous try one you will not be sick. do google give stats on sick durian eaters, sorry--had to put that in but do not mean to be nasty, only a joke. smile.

i've actually sampled one of these and didn't notice any difference at all.. that was until i realised i was still wearing my stale & sweaty week old hiking socks at the time.

Well the common garden variety would definitely have your hiking socks vying for a place in Chanel No 5's list of ingredients.

Sweaty socks is the nearest term to describe the smell, SURE, I like that. Most people smile when they smell durian.biggrin.png

Is this a genetically modified form of the natural fruit?

I'm actually eating some very ripe durian right now as I write; it's very rich and creamy, like eating cake. It's undoubtedly an intriguing fruit.

+1

Is this a genetically modified form of the natural fruit?

I'm actually eating some very ripe durian right now as I write; it's very rich and creamy, like eating cake. It's undoubtedly an intriguing fruit.

+1

send some to me--I am a durian addict. and dont mind the stones.

• Like 2

At least the results of beer-durian fermentation should be less odiferous and offensive, albeit messy.

"I have been told by a number of people that beer can be fatal, if drunk within a few hours of eating durian. This is apparently on account of some fermentation process, which causes your bowels to explode."

Yeeeeoouuuw - haha, sick.gif never wanna see that !

At least the results of beer-durian fermentation should be less odiferous and offensive, albeit messy.

"I have been told by a number of people that beer can be fatal, if drunk within a few hours of eating durian. This is apparently on account of some fermentation process, which causes your bowels to explode."

Yeeeeoouuuw - haha, sick.gif never wanna see that !

Not sure about the exploding bowels part (or if combining alcohol is even needed to cause this) but know there are a number of people who have died and been hospitalized after mixing Durian and alcohol. I think it has something to do with Durian slowing down the bodies ability to break down the alcohol.

My bowels have never exploded but beer + durian makes me fart like a 500 Norton

• Like 1

With the requisite cloud of black oily smoke, I trust! wink.png

My first bike was a 500 Norton ES2 and that used to send flames out the back when it backfired, so i hope your experience with beer and durian are not that severe.

• 5 months later...