Pattaya 1 0...Three Now In Test Mode .. Worth A Listen

TommyDee

On a slightly different note, as I mentioned before I live in Soi Siam Country Club, just down the road from SP 5, i'm having terrible luck getting most signals now, 103, 105, 96 - all FM, I've tried moving the antenna from the stereo but it makes no difference, if I were to buy a longer antenna cable and plug that into the back of the stereo and get it as high as possible - will that make much of a difference?

Thanks in advance.

Jimmy

On a slightly different note, as I mentioned before I live in Soi Siam Country Club, just down the road from SP 5, i'm having terrible luck getting most signals now, 103, 105, 96 - all FM, I've tried moving the antenna from the stereo but it makes no difference, if I were to buy a longer antenna cable and plug that into the back of the stereo and get it as high as possible - will that make much of a difference?

Thanks in advance.

Jimmy

do you have a dedicated fm socket on the equipment you refer to or just single wire

Edited by dazk

There is a dedicated FM socket, I have it plugged in and it goes up as high as possible up the wall, the signal on all FM radio's this morning is terrible.

if you have a fm socket that looks same as tv socket you can erect an ariel outside, Omni directional would probably be the best bet unless you know where the transmitter is located in which case a directional ariel would be ok, but i am guessing the radio stations in pattaya would come from different transmitter locations. A omni directional ariel looks like a halo and a directional looks similar to a tv ariel.

I have a really hard time getting FM signals also down here near the Ambassador. I have that single wire antenna and stretch it up as far as I can. I guess the next step is to mount one outside and as high up as I can...

I have a really hard time getting FM signals also down here near the Ambassador. I have that single wire antenna and stretch it up as far as I can. I guess the next step is to mount one outside and as high up as I can...

i seem to recall some where around 50 inches is the optimum length for single wire antenna something to do with fm wave length

It's a shame but I'm really just bored of this now, we've been in our house here for nearly 5 years and i've never had a regular and decent consistently signal, I enjoy all of the local western stations but they JUST DONT WORK where we live ANYMORE, I have better music on my iTunes and now that I have a nice long decent cable from my Mac to the stereo i'm sticking with Radio 2 and Jazz FM via the net.

Ta ra

Bigjimmy

Edited by BIGJIMMY

It's a shame but I'm really just bored of this now, we've been in our house here for nearly 5 years and i've never had a regular and decent consistently signal, I enjoy all of the local western stations but they JUST DONT WORK where we live ANYMORE, I have better music on my iTunes and now that I have a nice long decent cable from my Mac to the stereo i'm sticking with Radio 2 and Jazz FM via the net.

Ta ra

Bigjimmy

I did a drive thru on SSCC Road the other day and we were good all the way thru BUT, and its a big but, cars have antenna boosters in them I think. which is why u can often get a station in your car, outside your house, but not inside. we live the other side of the lake and can get 103 on a little tranny radio in the kitchen, but not in the living room.

• 2 weeks later...

will you be boosting the signal as i still cant get very good reception sorry but listening to 88.5 in the car on my morning shopping trip

consider it done.. give me two weeks. will update u then . thx