Could This Be The New Cbr In Thailand

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fully synthetic oil halts the break in process.

It really shouldn't be used until a couple of thousand Km at least.

Not a problem as the bike has been sold..

Not a problem for you understandably, put perhaps a problem for all of Kawasaki's customers who use them to service their new bikes. The Z1000 is about 550k thb I think, I think the Kawasaki staff servicing 550k thb 1L bikes should at least know about the oil they put into them.

Too many pictures in such a short period has resulted in me getting a boner! That CBR250RR is a hot bit of kit too, give me a scuffed up and stone chipped one of those over the new CBR250 any day, not that the new bike isn't good, i just like the old skool!

yes, sorry i went off subject a little there with regards to break-in :D

Not wanting to get in a battle with anyone.

But i think 1000km on semi synthetic or mineral / break-in oil is plenty fine for a modern high performance engine.

My ZX6R back in the UK was treated to fully synthetic during it's first service, at the time (6 years back) i was more concerned about the rumors of clutch slippage using fully synthetic oil in a wet clutch system but was latter assured it would be fine and it was :D

I was enjoying reading through this page until someone stated that the 1st service on a Kawasaki 250 'cost a friend 1500B'..........

It's strange that the first service on my Ninja 650 came in at half the price of his Ninja 250......... A tad over 750 baht (inc oil and filter)

For '200 baht' do Honda even change the oil filter during the first service???? :S

What oil filter? if there is an oil filter on this bike I can not find it, I questioned the dealer as to weather they had changed the oil filter, dealer says "no oil filter on this bike, just change oil"

The owners manual does not show an oil filter, it does not mention the oil filter in the oil information page, if there is an oil filter could someone tell me where it is on the bike!!

Check out page 82 of the owners manual and you'll see where the oil filter is.

I was enjoying reading through this page until someone stated that the 1st service on a Kawasaki 250 'cost a friend 1500B'..........

It's strange that the first service on my Ninja 650 came in at half the price of his Ninja 250......... A tad over 750 baht (inc oil and filter)

For '200 baht' do Honda even change the oil filter during the first service???? :S

What oil filter? if there is an oil filter on this bike I can not find it, I questioned the dealer as to weather they had changed the oil filter, dealer says "no oil filter on this bike, just change oil"

The owners manual does not show an oil filter, it does not mention the oil filter in the oil information page, if there is an oil filter could someone tell me where it is on the bike!!

I'm sure you are right, i didn't realise that the CBR250 has no oil filter, explains why the CBR is a little cheaper to service than the Ninja 250, but 1500B for the Ninja 250's first service???

What dealership screwed him over, it most certainly wasn't any of the dealerships in Bangkok. :)

The cbr has an oil filter. Remove belly pan to gain access.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

I'm sure you are right, i didn't realise that the CBR250 has no oil filter, explains why the CBR is a little cheaper to service than the Ninja 250, but 1500B for the Ninja 250's first service???

What dealership screwed him over, it most certainly wasn't any of the dealerships in Bangkok. smile.png

The cbr has an oil filter. Remove belly pan to gain access.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

I have found it in the manual, why would the dealer say this bike does not have an oil filter? is it positioned directly under the oil filler cap and behind the right side cowl? it's very worrying that a dealer does not know this bike has an oil filter and it has not been changed!!

Edited by kawapower

I have found it in the manual, why would the dealer say this bike does not have an oil filter? is it positioned directly under the oil filler cap and behind the right side cowl? it's very worrying that a dealer does not know this bike has an oil filter and it has not been changed!!

cheesy.gif

Most likely the dealer told you "no, we didn't change the oil filter" and you heard "there is no oil filter". I don't think it would even occur to a motorbike dealer that there are people that don't know about the oil filter...

great story tho, keep 'em coming! cheesy.gif

Edited by nikster

ah you all beat me to it with the replies no oil filter.......cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

i must have a different engine in my crf 250 then because that just had its oil and filter changed at first service cost 400 and something bht.

this 1 will keep me laucheesy.gif hing for a while

cheesy.gif

Most likely the dealer told you "no, we didn't change the oil filter" and you heard "there is no oil filter". I don't think it would even occur to a motorbike dealer that there are people that don't know about the oil filter...

I looked for the oil filter which on most bikes is at the front of the engine and is the screw on type, this one is hidden behind

the right front cowl and does not look like an oil filter, the dealer clearly said this bike has no filter, who am I to argue with people who should

know a lot more than me(which they should do as I do not touch bikes myself, good that it has made you laugh though thinking about a career as a comedian!!

Edited by kawapower

cheesy.gif

I looked for the oil filter which on most bikes is at the front of the engine and is the screw on type, this one is hidden behind

the right front cowl and does not look like an oil filter, the dealer clearly said this bike has no filter, who am I to argue with people who should

know a lot more than me, good that it has made you laugh though thinking about a career as a comedian!!

Good to see you can laugh about it :)

But please, don't enquire about the 100,000 baht gsxr 600 k7 for sale in the classifieds. The seller isnt really going to get sent to Afganistan next week to fight for the Thai air force, and he wont really post it to you in a Thai army truck. Don't ask me why he would lie about such a thing, just take my word for it :)

cheesy.gif

know a lot more than me, good that it has made you laugh though thinking about a career as a comedian!!

Good to see you can laugh about it smile.png

But please, don't enquire about the 100,000 baht gsxr 600 k7 for sale in the classifieds. The seller isnt really going to get sent to Afganistan next week to fight for the Thai air force, and he wont really post it to you in a Thai army truck. Don't ask me why he would lie about such a thing, just take my word for it smile.png

Whats not to laugh about!! don't understand the comment after should I be laughing at that as well!!

Honda did make a real CBR 250 RR once upon a time that makes the new CB'r' 250 look like a turd-

IMG_5281.JPG

157 kilos wet with a 19k redline and 45 horsepower! Awesome!

So obviously Honda is capable of making an awesome bike, they just chose not to...

And Kawasaki did make a real "Ninja" once upon a time that makes the "Ninja" 250R look like a turd.

blackwhite.jpg

Was rather svelte compared to the 170kg porky current "Ninja" (only 144kg dry--was also quite a bit more powerful) and didn't have problems losing races to a bike that has 1/2 the cylinders and less HP.cheesy.gif

So obviously Kawasaki can make decent small displacement bikes that don't look like they're pregnant and don't have people (who are not cheap bastards) upgrading essentially straight away from them but choose not to.

The Honda and Kawasaki both look dated. The even older Yamaha TZ250, which Yamaha sold in Thailand, looks even today very sharp... Even for a old 2-stroke...

Who posted those huge pictures, bloody annoying!! that bike looks great as do the other 250's posted.

A new larger CBR would be great, but when Honda's amazing (and almost instant global market leader) the CBR250R can cruise from Bangkok to Chiang Mai for lunch, in total comfort, a bigger version won't really be necessary for many who have the best 250cc mini-sports-tourer on the global market. smile.png

Though perhaps we'll be cruising from BKK to Chiang Rai for lunch in the future though, on another new, fantastic Honda CBR 400 or 500. smile.png

Edited by Baytur

The Honda and Kawasaki both look dated. The even older Yamaha TZ250, which Yamaha sold in Thailand, looks even today very sharp... Even for a old 2-stroke...

The bike in your pic isn't wearing the original fairings Richard. Any old bike can be updated with new fairings. Some examples of CBR 250RR's with aftermarket fairings-

5e03a10d46165694f4cec9a12e5b83f5.image.290x217.jpg

CBR250RR-03-L.jpg

But personally I think the old inline 4 250cc screamers look better in their original old skool trim. cool.png

CBR400RR-JP1992-2a.jpg

But personally I think the old inline 4 250cc screamers look better in their original old skool trim.

Perhaps you should show a picture of one, as opposed to a different bike altogether. Even the url says what bike it really is.

Edited by Baytur

Not too difficult top pick up one of the old CBR250's for around the 50k mark. Many usually have those tyga fairings to make them look modern. Get up close though and everything else on the bike is usually in need of some much needed maintenance. That's before you take a spin and realize the engine's cooked.

But personally I think the old inline 4 250cc screamers look better in their original old skool trim.

Perhaps you should show a picture of one, as opposed to a different bike altogether. Even the url says what bike it really is.

Doh! My bad, threw up a pic of a 400rr instead of a 250rr. Anyway, for someone like you who isn't fussed about facts it should really matter as long as it's a Honda right? ;)

Not too difficult top pick up one of the old CBR250's for around the 50k mark. Many usually have those tyga fairings to make them look modern. Get up close though and everything else on the bike is usually in need of some much needed maintenance. That's before you take a spin and realize the engine's cooked.

Pretty funny that a 20 year old Honda CBR 250 RR will piss all over the new CB'r' 250 thumper though giggle.gif

The bike in your pic isn't wearing the original fairings Richard. Any old bike can be updated with new fairings. Some examples of CBR 250RR's with aftermarket fairings-

5e03a10d46165694f4cec9a12e5b83f5.image.290x217.jpg

CBR250RR-03-L.jpg

But personally I think the old inline 4 250cc screamers look better in their original old skool trim. cool.png

CBR400RR-JP1992-2a.jpg

True, the fairing of the picture was not the original, still it comes from Yamaha Thailand, and you can "still" buy all parts for the Yamaha TZ250 from Yamaha Thailand. See here a copy of the Thai parts catalog https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwmYWlzMWkPhNTN1ZEVvWlpjNGM/edit?pli=1

Pretty funny that a 20 year old Honda CBR 250 RR will piss all over the new CB'r' 250 thumper though giggle.gif

Not through Bangkok traffic it wouldn't :rolleyes:

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Not through Bangkok traffic it wouldn't rolleyes.gif

I bet that with a bit tight traffic in downtown Bangkok all 250's have a hard time keeping up with a motorcycle taxi on a Honda Wave 125i biggrin.pngcheesy.gifsmile.png

Edited by Richard-BKK

Why not? The real CBR 250RR is a lot lighter and faster than the fat new CB'r' wannabe...

I think that the New CBR is nice... The name is the marketing strategy... Just like the new CBR600 which is not the CBR 600RR, different bikes boys...

I am sure that the need for the masses is a small lightweight practical userfriendly frugal cheap and reliable bike that can be serviced everywhere in this country. Honda has hit the jackpot once again with the CBR...

The ninja might be faster, but seriously, how much faster is it? 10kmph? Not really that much to fuss about. If you need speed, buy a bigger bike...

CBR400 would be nice, but now after having the ER6F for a year soon, I can not change down in size...

For fun facts, I got a booklet when I bought the CBR250, they showed up all the bikes they have a plan on releasing, the goldwing was there, the fireblade was there, the CBR600, and the new VFR was there

as future options. (this was christmas 2010)... They now have 3 of those 4 bikes.. when will the CBR come? Question of time...

I dont think that the old CBR is better than the new CBR, sure it might be faster and lighter, but, still not better (Just my humble opinion)...

• Like 1

Why not? The real CBR 250RR is a lot lighter and faster than the fat new CB'r' wannabe...

And its wider and you have to rev the nuts out of it to get going (3-4,000rpm just to get going) . And they overheat. In real life they feel about the same weight infact the 2011 feels lighter. Mate its tiresome.