Could This Be The New Cbr In Thailand

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we have to wait what big red Santa Claus will bring us this year, next year, whenever, whatever...

Dreams can be nice too. Waiting for Royal Enfield, waiting for CBR400, waiting and dreaming :)

This rumor has been floating around since 2011 without any real evidence to support it. Currently Honda only manufactures single cylinder mc engines in Thailand.

That is true.

The only (non-real) evidence is numerous Honda dealership owners telling people to expect it, and A.P Honda telling people that bigger bikes will be manufactured here soon.

Edited by Baytur

This rumor has been floating around since 2011 without any real evidence to support it. Currently Honda only manufactures single cylinder mc engines in Thailand.

Honda has been saying that they will manufacture big bikes in Thailand since the end of last year. But at that time a lot of things happen eg. Flood

That had to postpone their production facilities.

Hopefully Honda makes this new bike and with a decent price.

Not sure about a 400, but I wouldn't be surprised if they released a locally made 500. I've been told that Honda Big Wing will have three locally made big bikes available early next year. If priced right, I think a 500 would sell like hot cakes.

The linked article says this: Although engine configurations of the Honda CBR400R is not yet out, speculations suggest the bike would be a single cylinder engine.

A 400 would be pretty weird... but who knows?!

3 locally made big bikes... in addition to the two they're already making? Wow, that would be incredible. Or... total? ;)

The linked article says this: Although engine configurations of the Honda CBR400R is not yet out, speculations suggest the bike would be a single cylinder engine.

A 400 would be pretty weird... but who knows?!

3 locally made big bikes... in addition to the two they're already making? Wow, that would be incredible. Or... total? wink.png

Yes, I agree, a 400cc single cylinder "sport bike" would be an oddity.

If I had to guess, maybe it'll be the three flavors (Integra scooter, "X" and commuter) of the maxi-scooter NC700 that are presently manufactured in Japan.

The reason for my guess it that the NC700 bikes' engines are derived from the Honda Jazz / Fit automobile that is already manufactured here in Thailand. Seeing as how many of the engine components of the NC700 are already manufactured in Thailand it wouldn't be so difficult/expensive to move the rest of the production here.

Just a guess mind you :)

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Hope they come out with at least a 500 not sure I'd bother going up to a 400.

Big Bike sales in Thailand are still tiny. Companies build factories in Thailand primarily for export and we're lucky enough to get some of the excess.

Japan has a 3-tier graduated license system that favors bikes under 400cc. The >400cc license is expensive and not easy to get. That's why there's a special niche in Japan for 400cc bikes and why most Japanese 400cc bikes have traditionally been sold only in Japan.

A 500cc motorcycle wouldn't make much sense.

Yes, I agree, a 400cc single cylinder "sport bike" would be an oddity.

Man if it is a thumper/single cylinder I am not interested at all.

I thought for sure it would be at least a twin.

Why -O- Why can't they do some 4 cylinder bikes in med sizes 400/600/750 etc

another thumper..... what will Honda think of next whistling.gif ..... seriously, dressing up crappy commuter bikes in fancy race replica fairings is just not cricket dry.png ...

Really! You think the cbr250 has a 'race replica ' fairing?

Personally I think they have dressed it up in touring fairings. Which work extremely well.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

another thumper..... what will Honda think of next whistling.gif ..... seriously, dressing up crappy commuter bikes in fancy race replica fairings is just not cricket dry.png ...

This guy gets it.

The market disagrees. They're selling CBRs by the bucketload. Probably because they're cheap, they're good, and they look good. I wouldn't mind if Honda made more in this direction. It's a fine little bike - there's nothing wrong with it, and there's especially nothing wrong with it for the price.

The NX700 series on the other hand I hope dies a quick and painless death. A bike with a Honda Jazz engine which also weighs nearly as much as a Honda Jazz - ew. Please no.

So it's officially a 400 single is it?

All I see is something knocked up in photoshop by a jap mag.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

a lot of people are fooled into thinking they are getting a small sports bike.....which it is clearly not.... you would want to be a real lemon to see it as a touring bike huh.png

Why not a touring bike. ANY bike can tour. What makes a good touring bike is one that is comfortable. Frugal and fast enough for the traveled roads. The cbr ticks those boxes at least here in Thailand.

This guy gets it.

The market disagrees. They're selling CBRs by the bucketload. Probably because they're cheap, they're good, and they look good. I wouldn't mind if Honda made more in this direction. It's a fine little bike - there's nothing wrong with it, and there's especially nothing wrong with it for the price.

The NX700 series on the other hand I hope dies a quick and painless death. A bike with a Honda Jazz engine which also weighs nearly as much as a Honda Jazz - ew. Please no.

Odd that you like the CB'r' 250 but don't like the NX700... They're both overweight, underpowered, uninspiring bikes. The only saving grace for the CB'r' is that it's really cheap...

This guy gets it.

Odd that you like the CB'r' 250 but don't like the NX700... They're both overweight, underpowered, uninspiring bikes. The only saving grace for the CB'r' is that it's really cheap...

The CBR is cheap but it is also a great bike for town, it's so much more enjoyable and fun to drive than the bigger powerful bikes, I should have got this before the Z1000, as for being under powered I certainly do not think 155kph is slow on Thai roads, it's more enjoyable to go between 80 kph up to 120kph which is far safer, a great bike and I want to drive it far more than I ever did the Z.

The CBR is cheap but it is also a great bike for town, it's so much more enjoyable and fun to drive than the bigger powerful bikes, I should have got this before the Z1000, as for being under powered I certainly do not think 155kph is slow on Thai roads, it's more enjoyable to go between 80 kph up to 120kph which is far safer, a great bike and I want to drive it far more than I ever did the Z.

Says the guys who thinks a Nissan March is a great car... giggle.gif

a lot of people are fooled into thinking they are getting a small sports bike.....which it is clearly not.... you would want to be a real lemon to see it as a touring bike huh.png

Why not a touring bike. ANY bike can tour. What makes a good touring bike is one that is comfortable. Frugal and fast enough for the traveled roads. The cbr ticks those boxes at least here in Thailand.

The CBR ticks all boxes in my opinion, looks good, comfortable on long rides, great on fuel, very cheap to maintain and a good price new whats not to like about it!! it's plenty fast enough for me on these dangerous Thai roads, a great bike.thumbsup.gif

Says the guys who thinks a Nissan March is a great car... giggle.gif

Yep Nissan March is a great car, looks good, cheap on fuel, cheap to maintain, whats not to like about it, obviously some people have a complex and are afraid of what others might think, up to them and each to there own.

Edited by kawapower