Could This Be The New Cbr In Thailand

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see.

Honda produced at least a couple single cylinder 400cc bikes (CL,XR-both aircooled).

They also produced two (?) twins (CM,CB400T)

At least one triple (NS400R..2 stroke)

They had the awesome V-4s (VFR/RVF)

And of course their inline fours (CB,CBR,CBX)

I would assume that IF the rumours are true the bike would most likely be a twin. If I could dream it would be the front 1/2 of the Crossrunner/VFR800 which may make the claims of ~50HP somewhat valid. I can't imagine a 400 being released by Honda now that would be a single with dual pipes; this implies a reliance on upper RPM ummph rather than the torque that they are going towards in other new bikes. My big thing is that I can't really see it weighing less than the ER-6* bikes (the old CB-1 and the current ER-6N are within a kg of each other; if you think that Honda would release it with an aluminium frame and be cheap I want some of what you are smoking), but only having 77% of the power.

another thumper..... what will Honda think of next whistling.gif ..... seriously, dressing up crappy commuter bikes in fancy race replica fairings is just not cricket dry.png ...

This guy gets it.

The market disagrees. They're selling CBRs by the bucketload. Probably because they're cheap, they're good, and they look good. I wouldn't mind if Honda made more in this direction. It's a fine little bike - there's nothing wrong with it, and there's especially nothing wrong with it for the price.

The NX700 series on the other hand I hope dies a quick and painless death. A bike with a Honda Jazz engine which also weighs nearly as much as a Honda Jazz - ew. Please no.

Odd that you like the CB'r' 250 but don't like the NX700... They're both overweight, underpowered, uninspiring bikes. The only saving grace for the CB'r' is that it's really cheap...

What can I say, I tested the cbr twice now, one time up doi suthep where it was a lot of fun to squeeze the hell out of the little engine, and once in direct comparison to the ninja 250 and I liked it. Its "underpowered" but what do you expect from a 250... Certainly did not feel less powerful than my old d-tracker 250. Its a fine little bike, the price is killer, and it looks good.

I have admittedly not tried the nx700 but I dont think i would like a bike that tops out at 6500 rpm. The idea behind this bike just sounds wrong, its based on the observation that people dont often rev above 6500 - clearly they didnt consult me there - and less HP and 30kg more compared to the Versys... what a turd!

Why not dress up another thumper in sport bike plastic. Seems to be a winning formula for the new CB'r' 250... whistling.gif

Seriously mate if you have nothing constructive to say about a bike you clearly have a problem with then don't post, or is it your childish attempt to provoke people that actually like a bike that is cheap,looks good,comfortable and is just great to ride in and out of town!!!

Be careful with your replies as you are perilously close to breaking forum rules!! ermm.gif it would be such a shame to see you go!! rolleyes.gif

Edited by kawapower

Why not dress up another thumper in sport bike plastic. Seems to be a winning formula for the new CB'r' 250... whistling.gif

Seriously mate if you have nothing constructive to say about a bike you clearly have a problem with then don't post, or is it your childish attempt to provoke people that actually like a bike that is cheap,looks good,comfortable and is just great to ride in and out of town!!!

Be careful with your replies as you are perilously close to breaking forum rules!! ermm.gif it would be such a shame to see you go!! rolleyes.gif

Sorry, I have a hard time taking seriously someone who thinks a CB'r' 250 beginner bike is in any way better than a Z1000 or who thinks that a Nissan March is a proper car for a bloke. If that offends you I hope you can get over it. whistling.gif

Sorry, I have a hard time taking seriously someone who thinks a CB'r' 250 beginner bike is in any way better than a Z1000 or who thinks that a Nissan March is a proper car for a bloke. If that offends you I hope you can get over it. whistling.gif

Not offended at all just feel a little bit sorry for you, in fact I do feel pity for a man(I am assuming you are a man, who finds it interesting to post within a thread about something you obviously have no interest in(could this be a sign of loneliness, if as your name suggests you like big bikes then why not start a thread about big bikes, you won't then feel the need to try your childish attempts at this so called gender thing relating to what people own, a bike is a bike it is only maybe called a beginners bike because it is cheap and has not got the power of the big bikes, it is a bike preferred by many because it is a lot easier to drive in town, it is a lot cheaper on fuel, it is not as heavy as the big bikes making it easier to handle in traffic.

I am only replying because it will be interesting to see how long you will keep the gender thing going within this thread, I am sure many people are laughing but it is at your expense, and as you like to hide behind emotions here is one for your persistence. clap2.gif

Edited by kawapower

The cbr is great for how kawa is describing round town on the twisty roads. Its what it was made for. Same as the March or any of the small cars. Excellent for what they are designed for. I think maybe your big is best American mentality is coming through :D

In europe we have been using small economical cars for decades. Unlike other countries that I can mention.

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Not offended at all just feel a little bit sorry for you, in fact I do feel pity for a man(I am assuming you are a man, who finds it interesting to post within a thread about something you obviously have no interest in, if as your name suggests you like big bikes then why not start a thread about big bikes, you won't then feel the need to try your childish attempts at this so called gender thing relating to what people own, a bike is a bike it is only maybe called a beginners bike because it is cheap and has not got the power of the big bikes, it is a bike preferred by many because it is a lot easier to drive in town, it is a lot cheaper on fuel, it is not as heavy as the big bikes making it easier to handle in traffic.

I am only replying because it will be interesting to see how long you will keep the gender thing going within this thread, I am sure many people are laughing but it is at your expense, and as you like to hide behind emotions here is one for your persistence. clap2.gif

Lolz, ya know mate, the "BigBikeBKK" thing was a self deprecating joke that I came up with some years ago when I first moved to Thailand and bought the smallest bike I've ever owned, a Kawasaki Ninja 250R.

Back then (2007) it was the only domestically manufactured "big bike" in Thailand.

Of course what passes for a "big bike" in Thailand is reserved pretty much exclusively for girls and noobs back home.

Oh well, I'm not ashamed to say that I had a lot of fun on that little girlie bike, but sold it in a flash and with no regrets when Kawasaki came out with a proper big bike, the ER6n, in 2008.

I've always found it a bit odd that ThaiVisa offers this emoticon... jerk.gif

Have fun on your CB'r' 250! jerk.gifjerk.gifjerk.gif

'nuf said hit-the-fan.gif

You mean you own a bike with lots of plastic!!! each to there own in choice of vehicle!! what is a noob?

When I was young I preferred the look of faired bikes and after my Kawasaki GPZ550 cafe racer and owned a few faired Hondas (Hurricane and a pair of CBR600's). Since moving to Thailand it's been a mix-

2008 Ninjette-

1025Ninja250RSm.jpg

2009 ER6n-

020109AMRideMeZm.jpg

2010 Ninja 650R-

122909Ninja650RMeSm.jpg

2010 Tiger Retro with Sidecar-

040910TigerRetro2Sm.jpg

2009 ER6n "RR" wink.png

Picture-017_resizeSSR.jpg

Suzuki GSXR1000 K5-

Bira6FebTonyGixxerSSR.jpg

2011 Versys-

_mg_3915_32.jpg

20?? KLX 351 smile.png

MyKLX351.jpg

FWIW I think the Honda CB'r' 250 looks a HELL of a lot better as a "CB250":

279524_187423911311572_100001318944306_457420_1059018_o.jpg

Full fairings on a low powered 250 is just silly IMO passifier.gif

You mean you own a bike with lots of plastic!!! each to there own in choice of vehicle!! what is a noob?

A noob is someone who is new to something, driving, riding, gaming etc. Everyone is a noob at one point in there life.

Have to agree. Anything making less than 30 RWHP shouldn't be fully faired...especially when they fall so short of the old ZX-2R.

2467276157_71df6c105f.jpg

Or perhaps any bike that people like to race on the cheap should be four cylinders.

122807314-pink-er6n.jpg

Or maybe someone who trolls threads about bikes he doesn't own and has no interest owning has bigger issues and overcompensates with bigbikes?

20070202101943-0-5231.jpg

passifier.gifwelcomeani.gif

Have to agree. Anything making less than 30 RWHP shouldn't be fully faired...especially when they fall so short of the old ZX-2R.

2467276157_71df6c105f.jpg

Or perhaps any bike that people like to race on the cheap should be four cylinders.

122807314-pink-er6n.jpg

Or maybe someone who trolls threads about bikes he doesn't own and has no interest owning has bigger issues and overcompensates with bigbikes?

20070202101943-0-5231.jpg

passifier.gifwelcomeani.gif

Liking the color of these bikes, pink is the new black!!!

With 2 header pipes one may jump to the conclusion it is a twin.

I think the same magazine that released 'photos' of the 'new CBR250R' in 2010 had it with a double header....

Don't read too much into speculated photoshops.

Certainly a winner in the US 250cc Super Stock race series.

But it's only competition is the inferior ninja, so no real wonder the CBR250R is such a winner on the track. :)

But it's only competition is the inferior ninja, so no real wonder the CBR250R is such a winner on the track. smile.png

hehehoho, Strolling, HondaBest, Banned, you've made another spectacular comeback!!!! You're certainly persistent, but then I guess you need to be when it's your job smile.png

PS most people are pretty tired of the Ninja vs CBR debate so it might be best to go and spam elsewhere, or are you running out of IP addresses?

Back to the subject, I don't think too many people are really bashing Honda but they're just hoping that Honda releases something more adventurous than a single with their new bike (assuming it's not just a rumour). A 400cc V4 or inline 4 would immediately put a stop to the critics of Honda's latest offerings. A modern 'Baby Blade' would be absolutely awesome but unfortunately I don't think it will happen.

For a small bike to be fully-faired is perfectly rational, as well as good marketing. Smaller-engined streetbikes [albeit, not BKK commuter bikes, where lock-to-lock seems to be the main design factor] need the lessened wind drag coefficient offered by fairings more than large-engined bikes if they are to manage speeds over about 120 kM/hr because of the logarithmic increase in wind resistance as speed increases.

"For sportbikes, a slippery aerodynamic design assists both rider protection and efficiency, permitting a higher speed for a given amount of horsepower. Aerodynamics becomes more important the faster you go because the power required increases as the cube of speed--in other words, to double your speed, you need eight times as much power to overcome aerodynamic drag. You can quickly reach a point where speed is achieved more easily by improving aerodynamics rather than adding horsepower."

Read more: http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0106_aero/index.html#ixzz1wE4xUcoZ

Back to the subject, I don't think too many people are really bashing Honda but they're just hoping that Honda releases something more adventurous than a single with their new bike (assuming it's not just a rumour). A 400cc V4 or inline 4 would immediately put a stop to the critics of Honda's latest offerings. A modern 'Baby Blade' would be absolutely awesome but unfortunately I don't think it will happen.

Would that it were to be... but the BigJapFour are 'Bottom Line' corporations, with CEOs and accountants chasing the designers around with sticks, and a high performance Inline-4 engine cost about the same to make whether the displacement is 400 or 600. A few kilos of material being the main difference. The profit margin would have to get sacrificed, as the market won't bear the cost at the smaller bike market price, and that's not likely to happen. So unfortunately, I really doubt we'll see a new era of four-cylinder 400's from them again. Much less likely would be a V-4 400, as I believe this is an even more expensive engine to produce.

Edited by bbradsby

But it's only competition is the inferior ninja, so no real wonder the CBR250R is such a winner on the track. smile.png

hehehoho, Strolling, HondaBest, Banned, you've made another spectacular comeback!!!! You're certainly persistent, but then I guess you need to be when it's your job smile.png

PS most people are pretty tired of the Ninja vs CBR debate so it might be best to go and spam elsewhere, or are you running out of IP addresses?

Do believe that if your fellow kawiphile would stop trolling Honda threads so much perhaps y'all wouldn't hear about the comparison so much?

Do believe that if your fellow kawiphile would stop trolling Honda threads so much perhaps y'all wouldn't hear about the comparison so much?

Why am I trolling Dave? I'm as interested in this bike as you are - maybe more so as I'd be prepared to pay the extra for a V4 or an inline 4 if Honda were to make it.

I've stated that I am not interested in a single, others don't want to pay more for a higher spec. No need to start labeling people a troll because they want a different bike from Honda than the one you or others want. If you want to label someone a troll I suggest you look at who the new user 'Baytur' is smile.png .

• Like 1

Would that it were to be... but the BigJapFour are 'Bottom Line' corporations, with CEOs and accountants chasing the designers around with sticks, and a high performance Inline-4 engine cost about the same to make whether the displacement is 400 or 600. A few kilos of material being the main difference. The profit margin would have to get sacrificed, as the market won't bear the cost at the smaller bike market price, and that's not likely to happen. So unfortunately, I really doubt we'll see a new era of four-cylinder 400's from them again. Much less likely would be a V-4 400, as I believe this is an even more expensive engine to produce.

Yes I understand the reasoning behind it, I just wish that a company with the massive capability and resource of Honda would focus on producing some cutting edge, exciting bikes along the lines of Ducati, Triumph, KTM etc.

It seems some people on this forum get more excited about the sales figures of a bike and the profit margin of the manufacturer than the actual bike itself. A very strange phenomenon, unless you're an employee of Honda like Mr. Baytur, Master Baytur or whatever the latest incarnation of hehehoho has called himself.

Why am I trolling Dave? I'm as interested in this bike as you are - maybe more so as I'd be prepared to pay the extra for a V4 or an inline 4 if Honda were to make it.

I've stated that I am not interested in a single, others don't want to pay more for a higher spec. No need to start labeling people a troll because they want a different bike from Honda than the one you or others want. If you want to label someone a troll I suggest you look at who the new user 'Baytur' is smile.png .

I did not say that you were trolling. Most of the time you and I have very reasonable (lively, but reasonable) discussions. Your fellow kawiphile on the other hand seems to be no better than whoever keeps getting banned; note the persistent (and core quote from your original reply which I had to cut out due to the quotes limit) trolling of threads he engages in.

It would be nice to see higher spec small bikes in the kingdom. Mid 20's singles and twins at 250cc? Nothing from there up to the awesome valued 650s from Team Green (that are still only inline twins)? I belive much the same way it's impossible to get the 6,0L and larger engines in cheap cars anymore I think the curtains are essentially drawn on the V-4s and other exotica....which is too bad.

Yes I understand the reasoning behind it, I just wish that a company with the massive capability and resource of Honda would focus on producing some cutting edge, exciting bikes along the lines of Ducati, Triumph, KTM etc.

It seems some people on this forum get more excited about the sales figures of a bike and the profit margin of the manufacturer than the actual bike itself. A very strange phenomenon, unless you're an employee of Honda like Mr. Baytur, Master Baytur or whatever the latest incarnation of hehehoho has called himself.

You are obviously referring to someone besides me, I'm a rider for four+ decades. But do let me apologize for bringing in economic realities into the conversation. They ARE the reason BigFour don't answer your dreams. They don't stay in business using said 'massive capabilities' and handing out their equally massive 're$ource$' to buyers via smaller margins on bikes.

I've cruised at 165kph indicated which was just short of 150kph on the GPS, on the CBR250R.

I found the fairings were certainly welcome while cruising at this speed for a few hours.

Can others who feel the CBR250R doesn't need fairings explain the disadvantage of having them at 150kph?

I read those with the Er-6n find it uncomfortable cruising at 140kph (isn't that 10% optimistic speedo?, so really only 126kph-ish?), so I cannot see how cruising at a real 150kph on a naked bike would be comfortable... especially compared to having those sexy, ultra-cool and well designed CBR250R fairings. smile.png

Edited by Baytur

I've cruised at 165kph indicated which was just short of 150kph on the GPS, on the CBR250R.

I found the fairings were certainly welcome while cruising at this speed for a few hours.

Can others who feel the CBR250R doesn't need fairings explain the disadvantage of having them at 150kph?

I read those with the Er-6n find it uncomfortable cruising at 140kph (isn't that 10% optimistic speedo?, so really only 126kph-ish?), so I cannot see how cruising at a real 150kph on a naked bike would be comfortable... especially compared to having those sexy, ultra-cool and well designed CBR250R fairings. smile.png

Cruised or been flat out at 165kmh. You must be lightweight because most I've managed is 150 but that was upright and I'm not exactly light :ph34r:

sent from my Wellcom A90+