There Goes The Good Life

Hog Head

A new private hospital from BKK is also being build. I guess we can expect more and more Japanese and Korean expats. I read somewhere about a special 3 years visa for expats in Chiang Mai only. No more 90 days reporting BS?

Edited by ARISTIDE

Kind of misleading article.

Claims that a couple could retire here with $1,200.

They could live here with that amount of money but I think they would have a hard time getting a Visa.

Said Chiang Mai has a population of 250,000 people with 40,000 of them being foreigners living here either part time or full time. Seems kind of high to me one in every 6 being a foreigner.

I think the ones coming for medical will be going to Bangkok.

I guess the cat is out of the bag now. Or it has been for a while. The influx is amazing. Lately I have been seeing huge numbers of Chinese arriving here. Plenty of Japanese and Koreans arriving. Of course the white trailer trash and endless missionaries keep coming. It's too bad really. With all the building, traffic and pollution, it will end up like Bangkok one day.

I disagree with the article with respect to the costs of medical care however.

Always thought it would be a good idea to build facilities towards the ageing asian segment... but when i saw that japanese place on the river, they couldn't even get it right...... potential there, but taken already, they just doing it the wrong way.....

Asian tourists and expats have it well up on the farang croud