What Would Happen To This Girl'S Visa Status

Assume she is on a ILR visa (I believe she is from reading commentary)

What would happen to this woman's status when the husband removes her from the marital home for cheating.

By the way I think the husband is a weak man. And I use the British term, he needs to 'Man up' not because I think he need to act in a violent way as some posters suggest this phrase means. But, more than that, that he needs to act now, kick her out of the maritial home and not be the mat in front of the door for her to wipe her feet on.

So, what would happen to one's visa status in this sitation when you have cheated on the husband (assume with or without Kids with british nationality).

Edited by 7by7
Video removed to discourage off topic discussion.
  • Like 1

The visa would be revoked, it is conditional on the couple staying together.

Are you thinking of an affair then Thaigirllondon? Better wait until you get your sought after naturalisation before being found out.

Is the real reason for your questions about how long naturalisation takes coming out now?

Not quite, Milord,

If a marriage breaks down before the foreign spouse has ILR then the basis for that spouse's visa or leave to remain will no longer exist and they should leave the UK immediately; although in practice they have until their current visa or leave to remain expires.

There are exceptions to this, of course, such as the marriage breaking down due to the foreign spouse being the victim of domestic violence or the death of the British or UK resident spouse.

If the marriage breaks down once the foreign spouse has ILR then their ILR is not canceled and they may remain in the UK. Unless it can be proven that they obtained the ILR fraudulently or they only entered into the marriage in order to obtain ILR.

Are you thinking of an affair then Thaigirllondon? Better wait until you get your sought after naturalisation before being found out.

Is the real reason for your questions about how long naturalisation takes coming out now?

No, I would not cheat on my husband, family and indeed myself. And no, I do not plan to chnge that when I become British.

Edited by 7by7
Flames removed. You are very close to the line; don't go over it.

Not quite, Milord,

If a marriage breaks down before the foreign spouse has ILR then the basis for that spouse's visa or leave to remain will no longer exist and they should leave the UK immediately; although in practice they have until their current visa or leave to remain expires.

There are exceptions to this, of course, such as the marriage breaking down due to the foreign spouse being the victim of domestic violence or the death of the British or UK resident spouse.

If the marriage breaks down once the foreign spouse has ILR then their ILR is not canceled and they may remain in the UK. Unless it can be proven that they obtained the ILR fraudulently or they only entered into the marriage in order to obtain ILR.

This is a good post, I will add some comments please. And who is Milord?

Actually, yoi, 7by7, said soemthing about death. What does happen if the British partern dies?And for the sake of those with bad expereinces of low so Thais, no I do not plan on killing anyone.

I said that the women, by all commentary, has the ILR. So what if breakdown is her fault and she does then want to stay, are you saying she can stay forever? So women can get a ILR or ILE and then ,as soon as they do, cheat on their partner and still get British nationality? And even stay in UK forever with ILR visa. Wow, thank you. I didn't know that.

Sometimes I think England's laws are too easy and relaxed.

Edited by thaigirllondon
Flame removed.

I took it as a joke based upon your posting history.

But, as I have said to you before, if you find a post objectionable do not respond and provoke a silly argument but use the report button.

It was a question, you've answered no, so fair enough.

But numerous posts and threads about how long naturalisation takes and then you start this thread.

Can you not see the connection, and why I might ask what I did?

If you are that offended, then I offer my sincerest apologies.

It was asked a little tongue-in-cheek, and we all make bad jokes sometimes? Remember your little one about the Taleban in the UK......I laughed my pants off about that one as I remembered my mate that was blown up by an IED in Afghanistan in January.

Edited by LucidLucifer

I took it as a joke based upon your posting history.

But, as I have said to you before, if you find a post objectionable do not respond and provoke a silly argument but use the report button.

Oh, a joke. I see. Take this as a joke too please.

I think Lucifer is judging me based on his experiences with Thais to date. I think that he is assuming that just because me and the people/person in his expereince come from the same country, we are all the same. laugh.png ha ha.

I have had enough of this.

Despite many warnings and last chances you still keep breaking the rules, flaming people and questioning moderation. A PM is on it's way to you.

• Like 1

What happens if the British partner dies 7by7

Again, it depends on the spouse's immigration status. If she already has ILR, then she could stay and even apply later for naturalisation on her own account (if she wished to). If the British partner dies before she has ILR then it would be more problematic.

Edited by paully

Why problematic, Paully?

The bereaved partner can immediately apply for ILR and the requirements of the Immigration Rules, Para 287( b ) seem quite straightforward. They don't even have to satisfy KOL! Though they would if they later wanted to be naturalised.

Fortunately for me my wife doesnt subscribe to dealing with her own people en masse. I think she has two close Thai friends of the same ilk, the rest are friends she graduated with at University here in Australia.

Too many petty jealousies / gambling / financial comparisons take place without the commitment to embrace oneself into your host country and she was quick to realise that she didnt want to fall into this very unattractive pit.

My wife is a the mother of our twin sons, a professional (career wise) runs her own market garden on the side, speaks English fluently, has immersed herself into the local community/ charities etc and is therefore a wonderful ambassador for Thailand.

Apologies for sounding snobbish but cases like this on the Jeremy Kyle show we would consider gutter trash and we steer well clear!

Apologies for off topic post, but referring to the actual Video.. Yes he is weak, although he does seem exceptionally kind.. but it is upto the sponsor to spell out to his/her partner levels of acceptability within the marriage.

I would like to know where pride and respect comes into play in the aforementioned!

Edited by edwinclapham

Why problematic, Paully?

The bereaved partner can immediately apply for ILR and the requirements of the Immigration Rules, Para 287( b ) seem quite straightforward. They don't even have to satisfy KOL! Though they would if they later wanted to be naturalised.

UKBA guidance notes indicate that if a partner dies prior to ILR that it should be the norm to grant ILR without too much investigation. The main grounds would be suspicion of fraudulent behaviour in the original application. The same guidance makes it clear that this applies even if the applicant has only recently settled in the UK.

Apologies for off topic post,

I'll let it ride this time.

However, a reminder to all that this topic is about a foreign spouses immigration status in the UK following a marriage break up.

Stick to that, please.

......... a reminder to all that this topic is about a foreign spouses immigration status in the UK following a marriage break up.

Stick to that, please.

Off topic post deleted.

Next one = posting holiday!

......... a reminder to all that this topic is about a foreign spouses immigration status in the UK following a marriage break up.

Stick to that, please.

Off topic post deleted.

Next one = posting holiday!

What is wrong with some people!

Today two off topic posts deleted, two people giving a posting holiday!

STICK TO THE TOPIC!!