6000Bhat For License To Show Euro Games!

bangkok blue

As Pedr from the Old Belle mentioned to fork out 6000 for a licence fee seems a bit crazy seeing most games kick off at 1.45am (except for the first week).

Let's see how crazy it sounds when England start doing well and win a couple of games..

Christ your optimistic. England will do well to make it out of the Group Stage IMO. If we did win it, rest assured ill buy you a beer!!

As for bar options what about Mad Dog, The Wall, Chiang Mai Saloon, Zoe, Smile Bar, Dutch Delicious, Living Room, Bar Eve, Dragonfly, etc....does anyone know if any of these places intend to show the football?? As for Thai places doesn't that Kumni Chiang Mai Restuarant (near the old Rasta on the moat), stay open late for the footy, cant imagine them not showing it!?!?

As Pedr from the Old Belle mentioned to fork out 6000 for a licence fee seems a bit crazy seeing most games kick off at 1.45am (except for the first week).

Let's see how crazy it sounds when England start doing well and win a couple of games..

555 well they have the best manager now right? you know... the one Liverpool sacked... so he must be good right? good enough for England but not good enough for Liverpool

555 well they have the best manager now right? you know... the one Liverpool sacked... so he must be good right? good enough for England but not good enough for Liverpool

At least the Liverpool players in the squad may find out what its like to finish fourth in the league now. biggrin.png

Christ your optimistic. England will do well to make it out of the Group Stage IMO. If we did win it, rest assured ill buy you a beer!!

As for bar options what about Mad Dog, The Wall, Chiang Mai Saloon, Zoe, Smile Bar, Dutch Delicious, Living Room, Bar Eve, Dragonfly, etc....does anyone know if any of these places intend to show the football?? As for Thai places doesn't that Kumni Chiang Mai Restuarant (near the old Rasta on the moat), stay open late for the footy, cant imagine them not showing it!?!?

Very interested to find out if any of these places are showing the games.

Johns place might be showing it???

Very interested to find out if any of these places are showing the games.

Johns place might be showing it???

Dragonfly Bar is in negotiations with police on how much it will cost to stay open.

I will let you know how it goes.

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

We will be showing all Euro 2012 games on Thai Expat TV, in English, without the use of a VPN or Proxy system.

You can sign up for a FREE 2 day trial of our software player (windows only) now directly from the website.

Cheers

Wes

Our plan at the moment is to concentrate on the Rugby and Aussie Rules. Some good Tests this weekend. We can get pictures for the Euros but it depends on whether we have to have this 6,000 baht licence if we show it via WETV. Anyone know?

God knows Pedr and <deleted> knows who you pay the fooker too! The 6000bht fee appears to be for a years subscription to their upcoming sports channels. At least that's how it seems from their representatives going around the bars.

It's a complete legal cock up! Not sure if any of you know the latest, but TRUE are looking at a big fine if games aren't shown.... Down to a complete contract wrangle. Look at the posts made by myself and others in the football forum "Euro 2012 what channels" thread for the latest updates.

100% games will be shown on WETV. So that's one good thing if you have that at home.

God knows Pedr and <deleted> knows who you pay the fooker too! The 6000bht fee appears to be for a years subscription to their upcoming sports channels. At least that's how it seems from their representatives going around the bars.

It's a complete legal cock up! Not sure if any of you know the latest, but TRUE are looking at a big fine if games aren't shown.... Down to a complete contract wrangle. Look at the posts made by myself and others in the football forum "Euro 2012 what channels" thread for the latest updates.

100% games will be shown on WETV. So that's one good thing if you have that at home.

Six months ago I'd have said som num na If True lost their contract, but once they bought Setanta and all that lovely Rugby, I'd be sorry to see them go. If they bought Star C and we got the cricket I'd vote for them to have an everlasting contract!!

As it is. I'm not showing the opening game tonight until I see the lie of the land, but I'd like to see England's game against France and Spain v Italy looks quite a tasty fixture too.

I am going to show the games at my bar The Wild Boar on Loi kroh Rd, however, I am still confused on the license. I went around to other bars in Chiang Mai today, but no one had a license posted. I am a bit reluctant to buy as we have the police issue every nite around 12:30 AM, and this might give them another reason to come in to the bar.

Am checking with other bars, as I have not been to one that has a license yet!

You would need a license to show it in public. Here's one a pub (that shall remain nameless) posted. It's confusing as it doesn't mention the particular venue..

post-64232-0-80628100-1339156691_thumb.j

More bad news: TrueVisions subscribers can watch Euro 2012 matches http://bit.ly/LzoDMY

This is bad news because now it's harder to find an excuse to go out until 4am. :(

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai