Lady Gaga Fans Gush, Critics Blast Fake-Watch Tweet: Bangkok

webfact

Fake Lady Gaga wants a Fake Lady boy.......laugh.png

Come to think of it, she really does appear to be a modernized clone of Madonna. I think it goes well beyond Madonna being an influence but more of a detailed copy of how to market yourself in music when you lack enough talent to get ahead. At least Madonna was very good looking. IMO, Lady Gaga is butt ugly. Her face is kind of a cross between a horse and a masculine dude's face with makeup.

Edit: Come to think of it, this is probably part of the reason for the outrageous costumes .. takes the attention away from the face.

lady_gaga_before_after_c.jpg

At least she can afford a make-up artist after becoming famous.

Either way, only a Thai could admire that nose.

Edited by Nisa

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@NovaBlue...............................

I guess being older has some advantages after all.

We got to listen to Led Zep, Pinkl Floyd, Roxy Music, Steely Dan and Springsteen growing up and they get Justin Beiber and Lady bloody Gaga!

• Like 1

Maybe I have lived in a cave all my life but I can honestly say I have never ever seen or heard GaGa perform and think I have only seen her twice on TV, once being last night on the news as she arrived in BKK. Have I missed anything? ...... I don't think so.

GentlemanJim your life will be richer for having missed her

Really? not that it matters, but please do provide a source for such spellingwhistling.gif

For someone claiming "not that it matters" you sure do waste quite a bit of space posting about spelling mistakes. Get over it. We all know what was meant.

was that suppose to be an informative post or a troll response?

Jeez phl, you're like a dog with a bone. Give it up and get a life, child!

how can thais be so offended_its tongue and cheek!!! thais do lack humour......little monsters---westerners-the farrang ---call our kids "little monsters"

dont take life 2 serious people....cowchai.

we like lady gaga---why? she is different and contreversal....have you herd of freedom of speech! i realize the rules of thailand -spend enough time there.

if she was offending the monarchy______she would be locked up-- lady G is quality live...everybody who do attend-you will enjoy.....DJ SUHARIT-------

could i have your tickets.....we where told when apply it a sell out....

We got to listen to Led Zep, Pinkl Floyd, Roxy Music, Steely Dan and Springsteen growing up and they get Justin Beiber and Lady bloody Gaga!

At least after having seen Pink Floyd in Rotterdam, the Netherlands on their 'In the Flesh" tour in 1977 I now know that pigs can fly smile.png

Maybe I have lived in a cave all my life but I can honestly say I have never ever seen or heard GaGa perform and think I have only seen her twice on TV, once being last night on the news as she arrived in BKK. Have I missed anything? ...... I don't think so.

GentlemanJim your life will be richer for having missed her

I believe it's a popular beat combo m'lud.

:facepalms ahoy:

Funny how no one seems to have picked up on the "lady market" comment. She wasn't talking about a place where ladies shop, more likely a place where they're sold.

I would wager that if you asked westerners, that have never even been to Asia, to name the top 5 things that come to mind regarding Thailand that prostitution and counterfeit goods would be in there more often than not.

I guess we are supposed to ignore those things that are shoved down our throats, and prostrate ourselves before the miracle that is Thailand. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

I do believe that the mention of 'lady market' is a reference to a market in Hong Kong that sells items that are preferred by ............er, ladies.

She was in HK earlier this month, so maybe that is a clue!!

Ah, no. If you'll go back and read the original tweet, which this whole thread is based on, you will see that she was most definitely referring to BKK. And as for the hockey about "items preferred by......er, ladies", not sure about your command of English but I believe that by saying "lady market" she was refering to a place where ladies are sold. Like a fish market. Don't be thick. But thanks for proving my original point.

I also believe, having visited this particular market, that the 'lady market' in Hong Kong also sells items of a counterfeit nature. Similar, in fact, to the rolexes noted in the aforementioned tweet.

Sounds like another clue to me........

LOL. Correct.....as anyone that has ever been to HK will know, when you say you want to buy goods from a lady's market it means "flea market" - mostly the goods on offer are presents you would take home for your mum or gf or wife and they're are also mainly female shoppers....so it's a "lady's market" no matter which way you look at it. Apart from in the way the poster "chickin" looks at it!! I don't think he/she has ever been to HK.

For all those that are saying that Lady Gaga is shit....we're just too old. Our kids love her to bits....and when they grow up the artists that their kids like will be shit.....etc etc....

Really? not that it matters, but please do provide a source for such spellingwhistling.gif

For someone claiming "not that it matters" you sure do waste quite a bit of space posting about spelling mistakes. Get over it. We all know what was meant.

was that suppose to be an informative post or a troll response?

Jeez phl, you're like a dog with a bone. Give it up and get a life, child!

did you just feel like trolling? or did you actually have something topic related to add?

So GaGa managed to do what she does best, create publicity. She really is a pro. As for her music, I kind of liked her earlier songs, but when she went for the LGBT themes it went downhill for me. My youtube-addicted 7y old said the same, "she's too crazy now". I'm sure she'll keep her place as the Madonna of her generation, regardless of the music.

The katoy's here must adore her.

Come to think of it, she really does appear to be a modernized clone of Madonna. I think it goes well beyond Madonna being an influence but more of a detailed copy of how to market yourself in music when you lack enough talent to get ahead. At least Madonna was very good looking. IMO, Lady Gaga is butt ugly. Her face is kind of a cross between a horse and a masculine dude's face with makeup.

Edit: Come to think of it, this is probably part of the reason for the outrageous costumes .. takes the attention away from the face.

Maybe you prefer her like this..............

So GaGa managed to do what she does best, create publicity. She really is a pro. As for her music, I kind of liked her earlier songs, but when she went for the LGBT themes it went downhill for me. My youtube-addicted 7y old said the same, "she's too crazy now". I'm sure she'll keep her place as the Madonna of her generation, regardless of the music.

She always had a big gay following from the start. Not only katoeys. Gays in general. That reminds me when I was growing up I expressed interest in going to a Bette Midler concert to my buddies (yes that dates me). I was naive about these things at the time, and was told, that's for slang words for gays. I didn't get the connection before then and later learned of her start in the gay bathhouse circuit. I just knew I liked Bette!

Speaking of Bette Midler!

http://www.guardian....idler-lady-gaga

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

At least after having seen Pink Floyd in Rotterdam, the Netherlands on their 'In the Flesh" tour in 1977 I now know that pigs can fly smile.png

Must not forget the Rolling Stones.thumbsup.gif

Must not forget the Rolling Stones.thumbsup.gif

Can't forget The Who either, first concert I went to, my big sister took me.

Maybe you prefer her like this..............

[media=]

[/media]

Definitely! thumbsup.gif She would probably get past the first few rounds of idol with this persona. wink.png But the video makes me wonder if instead of selling her soul for stardom she sold her talent and agreed to be beaten with an ugly stick.

Edited by Nisa

LMAO!! Score one for the home team. Great comment. I'm starting to admire Gaga now.

Many were angered by the singer's remark on Twitter, where she has 24 million followers. Some fans called it offensive, insulting and bad for the Thailand's image.

What is worse for Thailand's image is ... all the stuff that happens in Thailand like the sizzling illegal goods trade that has been going on long enough (say the past 2 decades) that it is world renowned. Thank goodness she didn't mention anything about the sex trade or this little country would have been up in arms. They are so overly sensitive here about image. Here's a tip: if you are worried about your image, then CLEAN IT UP.

These comments would tend to come from two kinds of Thai people.

1) the moneyed, English-speaking, partially foreign educated Thais who MUST refuse to believe that Thailand is still in the dark ages so that they can justify their position in what they want to believe is a modern, fair, competitive and open society. They certainly do live in a Thailand completely different form most of the other population.

2) the terribly educated but deeply nationalistic Somchai who probably can't tell you one important recent event about any country outside of Thailand that doesn't involve consumerism. This Somchai is very deeply proud of most anything Thai and seems to find it very difficult to find anything in the Kingdom to criticize.

"We are more civilised than you think," tweeted DJ Suharit Siamwalla

Actually, no, you are not, and, if you actually knew what most of the world thinks of you, you might REALLY be upset.

"She came to our home, but instead of admiring us she insulted us,"

Well, it is what it is.

Very apt comments, rare on the forums. Thailand needs to take care of its own image and not be so disingenuous about its image abroad. We all know the international perspective of Thailand; grounded in fact, and horribly misguided at the same time. An image that stretches back to the Vietnam War, bolstered by decades of political shenanigans in the Kingdom which fails to provide social welfare to the Thai population; and at the same time flinches at any insult to the integrity of same system and those trying to work within it to feed families and get by with some degree of pride.

Gaga is not up for the job. She is a cog in her own marketing machine, and her comments should not be taken very seriously . Why inflate her PR in order to take umbrage over a watch? Think about it, she could probably buy Rolex Co.Ltd. at this point in her career. She is merely cosy-ing up the audience...probably got a sheet of spiel from some misguided US marketing hack about the fake watch thing, thinking it would appeal somehow to her audience abroad....and checked out the Calypso show for the same reason. These people really don't know, don't care about, the complexities of the terrain.

Re. 1) 2) :

1) the moneyed, English-speaking, partially foreign educated Thais who MUST refuse to believe that Thailand is still in the dark ages so that they can justify their position in what they want to believe is a modern, fair, competitive and open society. They certainly do live in a Thailand completely different form most of the other population.

2) the terribly educated but deeply nationalistic Somchai who probably can't tell you one important recent event about any country outside of Thailand that doesn't involve consumerism. This Somchai is very deeply proud of most anything Thai and seems to find it very difficult to find anything in the Kingdom to criticize.

Valid, but reductive arguments.

Just a cheap shot from a non talented performer, generating media attention. Gaga's 15 minutes are almost up.

Just a cheap shot from a non talented performer, generating media attention. Gaga's 15 minutes are almost up.

She's probably earned $10,000,000 a minute then. How much did you earn in your 15 mins.

"stupid nationalism, xenophobia and hypocritical image obsession displayed by some locals"

Stupid indeed, and hypocritical "at large", especially when "locals" are involved !!!

US nationalism is NOT stupid, it is the recognition of a dominant status over the whole world, so everyone else has to recognize it is an inferior ...

To me, a nice self-provocative attitude would have been to disembark from the plane in an sexy orange jump-suit, Guantanamo style !

Why do people associate Thailand with illegal copyright materials and prostitution?

In fact, the intellectual property inspectors raided Pantip last year and didn't find a thing.

In 2010, Thai government officials visited Pattaya last year and "saw no signs of prostitution".

Just viscous rumors.

• Like 2

Lady Gaga making comments about Thailands counterfeit problem is a non-starter, when her entire career is based on duplicating earlier musicians who pioneered disco, rave, heavy metal, and pop. From day one Gaga was always a pick n' mix bag of her favourite musical syles from earlier generations, she never brought a single new original thing to the scene - i.e. her work is counterfeit.

I only liked one of her songs & it was the very start - "paparazzi" mainly because it was an okay sort of song, and I liked the video which of course was not made by her either just like fake rolexs that are not made by rolex. Anyone can write twenty lines of song, most normal people can write a good song if they wanted to but it wouldn't make them rich unless they were playing the "game" which is what Gaga does. She is a businesswoman, pure and simple & her business is self-publicity. She is also obsessed with the 1980's and people who grew up then will see all the 1980's media-cultural threads that she has woven into her "style", her career is a pastiche, a copy, a counterfeit.

That is not really uncommon in the music industry, it is very rare to find a true original innovator, often they never make the mainstream because their genuinely new & unique style can not be easily marketed & so they spend their life doing small gigs and festivals. People who are willing to copy or counterfeit earlier styles are embraced by the mainstream, because they are easy to label. Gaga is a quality copy because she has managed to mish-mash so many earlier styles by other artists into one persona & finish it off with a bit of digital sauce. She can be rap, rock, disco, sexy etc. whatever you are looking for. What she can never be is original. That makes her counterfeit comment seem ironic either intentionally or not - it is possible she is laughing at everyone that the poor locals in the East are selling copy watches to buy food while she is selling copy-music to buy more private jets.

I personally find her distasteful & dishonest for other reasons too, she talks about environment-destruction while churning out billions of CDs & Dvds & jetting allover the world.

She fails to see that elegance & humility can not be bought they are in your bearing and in the standards you apply to your life. Her persona is too brash and over-the-top for me, it is plastic and ugly and ironically unladylike.

Re; Thai counterfeit specifically, it is no worse than many other nations in the region IMO, it is just more obvious here because the corrupt State and police don't enforce these laws at all. Thai GDP is over 50% export driven and this April it dropped by nearly 4% which is very bad news and is because of the global economy especially Eurozone crisis, if the situation continues of increasing macro-poverty in both Europe & Thailand you will see a lot more fake goods being made and a lot more westerners willing to buy the fake stuff than ever before.

Edited by Yunla

She always had a big gay following from the start. Not only katoeys. Gays in general. That reminds me when I was growing up I expressed interest in going to a Bette Midler concert to my buddies (yes that dates me). I was naive about these things at the time, and was told, that's for slang words for gays. I didn't get the connection before then and later learned of her start in the gay bathhouse circuit. I just knew I liked Bette!

You will NEVER beat a bit of the Village People and that`s final.

You will NEVER beat a bit of the Village People and that`s final.

Liberace.

true ... but there was crap manufactured pop music in the 60's and 70's and there's some bands creating great music these days also !!!