I Need A Thai Bank Acccount

radiola

what is Thanachart i have never heard about this bank?maybe they keep the money in socks

Radi, if you don't have a bank account, how did you buy your house? The one you are scared to leave in case you get burgled?

• Like 1

what is Thanachart i have never heard about this bank?maybe they keep the money in socks

Thanachart is one of the biggest finance companies in Thailand, I have financed the last two cars through them...pretty good service..dont know what the banking side is like

• Like 1

They will ask you to give an address and phone no., but usually don't need any written proof. (I presume you are happy with a passbook account)

Try a large branch where they will be used to dealing with foreigners.

In the unlikely event that the first attempt fails, just try another branch or bank, SCB Soi Khoatalo are usually OK.

And let us know how you get on.

Radi, if you don't have a bank account, how did you buy your house? The one you are scared to leave in case you get burgled?

+1 cheesy.gif

But I reckon, most "ladies" have a valid account, just in case, somebody has to send money for her sick mom/dad/water buffalo.

I am sure, they will be very, very helpful, if it comes to a house purchase..whistling.gif.

But to be serious, I had good experiences with Bangkok Bank.

Years ago, a three months tourist visa was enough, to open an account.

Edited by vel_tins

Kasikorn's been ok for me, online works well and no problems getting certificates for immigration, etc. 2nd Road Festival Center (The BigC), opened long time ago with a TR visa on the passport and couple of thousand baht to put into the account when opening. Gave hotel address at that time.

+1 cheesy.gif

But I reckon, most "ladies" have a valid account, just in case, somebody has to send money for her sick mom/dad/water buffalo.

I am sure, they will be very, very helpful, if it comes to a house purchase..whistling.gif.

But to be serious, I had good experiences with Bangkok Bank.

Years ago, a three months tourist visa was enough, to open an account.

yes i need account for take care (special gold account) you know what I mean right?

joking,

in bkk it was impossible to open the bank account, but in pattaya i guess no problem

do you also know if they have a special safe where you can keep passport or somthing so nobody will knick it from my house?

I opened a savings account (with book) at TMB Bank on second road while on holiday years ago. I got a card for taking money from their ATM and have no trouble transfering money over from the UK using Swiift.