Eva Air

sir_clumsy

It sounds as though that particular flight is now permanently cancelled.

Nope, flights are available via Travelocity and shown in EVA's online schedule, it's just that you can't book online but get the error message I cited above.

Anyone else booked a flight online at EVA's web site in the last few days?

Edited by sir_clumsy

I just plugged in Feb 10 and return Feb 26 on BKK/LAX/BKK economy and flights came up. My first try on an earlier February departure date was full outbound. I went to the confirm page with full itinerary and price details so all appears ok. This was using http://www.evaair.com/html/b2c/english/

Interesting, when I plugged in your dates I got the same thing: available seats.

When I tried some January dates, I get full flights.

But when I do BKK/LAX/BKK for April/May I get the strange error message.

Can you try outbound April 20 returning May 16? Travelocity indicates availability for those dates, but the EVA site says: "Sorry! The flights you chose is not provided now. Please select alternative flights again. Thank you!"

TIA

There are no flights to North American or Europe using May 2/May26 dates so appears they are making a schedule change. I just happen to have checked flights to SFO for that month a week or two ago and they were displayed ok so it is something that has just occurred - the flights were there before.

I have always received better price using local travel agent here in Bangkok (Bangkok Post advertiser) for EVA flights myself. About 5,000 baht cheaper for deluxe if I recall correctly.

There are no flights to North American or Europe using May 2/May26 dates so appears they are making a schedule change. I just happen to have checked flights to SFO for that month a week or two ago and they were displayed ok so it is something that has just occurred - the flights were there before.

I have always received better price using local travel agent here in Bangkok (Bangkok Post advertiser) for EVA flights myself. About 5,000 baht cheaper for deluxe if I recall correctly.

Back in December, I tried pricing out flights for multiple dates in May and got the strange error mesage. I assumed it was just too early to book those, but guess it's something more than that.

Now it looks like LAX/BKK/LAX is working fine, but flights from BKK give the error messge, even for some April dates. Looks like software issue unless they're doing schedule changes on the fly or something.

Prices and schedules to/from LAX seem to be as they were before, but can't speak for other destinations.

Edited by Carmine6

Travel agent was able to make a reservation for BKK/LAX/BKK in April, but unable to quote a price. Current Eva prices are valid through March 15th. Prices for travel ex-BKK after that date have yet to be established by Eva.

Seems crazy to discourage travelers who want to make an advance purchase on line.