Premium Unleaded Fuel

Recently bought a New import bike WR450F Yamaha,states in the manual that it requires Premium unleaded fuel,any help with what Thai brand this bike needs as I dont understand the fuel here,and to make matters worse I work in the Oil and gas industry

Regards

rhiwfawr

Any gas station with it, go to the red colored pump. That is 91 octane. It is the closest you will get in Thailand. At the pump, you can ask for it by calling it "benz" or "benzine" and they will understand you. If you get 95 octane, it is gasohol. Next best option if nothing else available and you are out of gas, but try to avoid it. Runs hot, poor fuel economy, and not recomended for your bike.

Edited by floridaguy

Broadly speaking premium unleaded fuel is 95 octane benzine and as rare as hens teeth in Thailand. Regular unleaded is 91 octane benzine, as stated above the red pump, and if rumours are true due to be phased out in the coming year. Should be ok for your bike.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by apetley

C'mon guys, many Caltex staions in Bangkok still sell 95 benzene. It's called Techron Gasoline and currently sells for 46 Baht a liter. http://www.caltex.com/th/ coffee1.gif

Bangkok is far from CM.

OP never bothered mentioning his location... coffee1.gif

I have friends who need high octane fuel but live far from any station that stocks it- they order fuel by the barrel and fill up at home.

Problem solved :)

Broadly speaking premium unleaded fuel is 95 octane benzine and as rare as hens teeth in Thailand. Regular unleaded is 91 octane benzine, as stated above the red pump, and if rumours are true due to be phased out in the coming year. Should be ok for your bike.

I hope they don't phase it out, as there is now a big push by AP Honda for big bikes in Thailand. It would be a shame if Honda customers couldn't fuel up their new biks. As for 95 blue, I must be blind because I don't see it. I will have to look for it, but for my bikes 91 benzine is fine.

I hope they don't phase it out, as there is now a big push by AP Honda for big bikes in Thailand. It would be a shame if Honda customers couldn't fuel up their new biks. As for 95 blue, I must be blind because I don't see it. I will have to look for it, but for my bikes 91 benzine is fine.

Perhaps it's no coincidence that there is a Caltex selling Techron Gasoline 95 just down the road from the new Honda Big Wing showroom:

From http://www.caltex.com/th/resources/station-finder/

คาลเท็กซ์ สาขาทิพย์อินทรา

34/5 หมู่ 1 ถ. เอกมัย-รามอินทรา แขวง ลาดพร้าว เขต ลาดพร้าว จ กรุงเทพฯ 10310

Fuel Offered:

Techrond Diesel

Techron Gasohol 95

Techron Gasohol 91

Techron Gold Gasoline 95

Isn't it cool that the Honda Big Wing actually looks like a wing from the sky? Amazing building- Honda spared no expense on their flagship showroom.

Map showing where the Caltex is in relation to the Honda Big Wing for anyone who might care:

HondaBigWingCaltexMap.jpg

Some questions i had for a while are anwsered is this thread, ( what are those owners of imported high performance bikes which need high octane fuel put in their bikes)

I hope the rumours are not true about they will be stop selling benzine 91, sounds strange to me since there are so many vehicles around which can't run on gasohol.

What about benzine or octane boosters? is that a save option to upgrade benzine 91? i'm always a bit aprehensive about that kind of products.

Not 100% certain but most cars in the last 20 years can run on Gasahol, aka Ethanol if the blend doesn't exceed 10% which is all that I have seen sold in Thailand with the exception of straight Benzin or what we call gas in the states. If the bike is from the USA I'm pretty sure you could run it on Gasahol but I would suggest you get the 95 Gasahol if the 95 Benzine is not available. Like I said, I'm not not for certain, definitely not an expert but all the web searching I have done in the past to find out about what is safe to use in a car and bike has told me that 10% Ethanol and 90% Benzine which equals the Gasahol sold here in Thailand is okay to use in cars and bikes that have been manufactured in the last 20 years for the US Market. Don't know about the rest of the world market, my search was rather specific to US make vehicles.

Good luck -

Todd

Octane is the agent dictating what compression your engine is requiring as fuel; basically lower octane fits a lower compression benzine engine combustion. A high compression benzine engine needs higher octane to prevent engine knocking from pre ignition, and damage to valve seats

If it's a small bike, using Techron Gasohol 91 is ok

If you have a superbike, which is EFI controlled, then you will need Techron Gold Gasoline 95 not Techron Gasohol 91 or 95 or your warranty will be voided and high possibility to destroy your engine

Here in Malaysia, we have Unleaded 95 (yellow color) or Premium Unleaded 97 (blue color); I run 97 in my Kawasaki ZRX1200D as a minimum unleaded octane requirement set by Kawasaki Factory

Octane is the agent dictating what compression your engine is requiring as fuel; basically lower octane fits a lower compression benzine engine combustion. A high compression benzine engine needs higher octane to prevent engine knocking from pre ignition, and damage to valve seats

If it's a small bike, using Techron Gasohol 91 is ok

If you have a superbike, which is EFI controlled, then you will need Techron Gold Gasoline 95 not Techron Gasohol 91 or 95 or your warranty will be voided and high possibility to destroy your engine

Here in Malaysia, we have Unleaded 95 (yellow color) or Premium Unleaded 97 (blue color); I run 97 in my Kawasaki ZRX1200D as a minimum unleaded octane requirement set by Kawasaki Factory

That's only partially true. All modern superbikes can run just fine on 95 octane E10 gasohol. (Important to note whether your octane is measured in PON or RON btw- I believe both Thailand and Malaysia measure octane in RON). It's very important to run the proper octane fuel in a high compression engine, but 10% gasohol is perfectly fine as long as the octane is correct.

Love the cheap gas you guys have in Malaysia btw!

554955_10151453929690710_508210709_23739419_610019527_n.jpg

Apparently the Thais do to? ;)

545030_10151453932685710_508210709_23739431_7233351_n.jpg

• Like 1

Hi bigbikebkkk

Yes Ron is the term here; was trying have my posting easy to read/understand lol. Which one is your bike, the S ot the K?

Yeah fuel is so cheap here, people moan about the price but they have no idea how good it is... 95 in Europe is nearly Euro2 per litre ouuuuch

Rgds

W

Hi bigbikebkkk

Yes Ron is the term here; was trying have my posting easy to read/understand lol. Which one is your bike, the S ot the K?

Yeah fuel is so cheap here, people moan about the price but they have no idea how good it is... 95 in Europe is nearly Euro2 per litre ouuuuch

Rgds

W

LOL they are both his bikes :D