Why Did You Come To Thailand The First Time?

ray23

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the other guy admitted that he came over for the pussy, can I admit that I came over for the dick?

Not claiming; just asking.

Speaking personally, it would be a lot more exciting to know that if you are a girl. :o

Actually, I'm a man with six kids. How many do you have?

None.

Sorry, but yucck!!! :D

:D

First came over because of Thai friends and some research that had just been completed in Japan and Taiwan. My Thai friends insisted I was so close to Thailand that I had to come over for a few weeks. 6 mths later still here. :D

Returned home , but was offered a job in Udon Thani before departure which I took and returned shortly thereafter with all my belongings. It has now been 25+ years straight. Spent lots of time working 2 week hauls in Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Philippines, etc... , but Thailand is home. :D

Other factors were the Thai culture and people , lots of Thai friends from uni, girls+women, food, lifestyle and the happiness I have living in Thailand.

We certainly took serious amounts of Vitamin P, booze, other stuff that would hurt your eyes and ears. It was great and still remains so. :D

Hope all of the TV members enjoy their lives and experiences in LOS. :D

:o

Doesn't really answer the question as I'm not in Thailand yet but... got sent to Thailand for business trips and put up in Woodlands in Pattaya - didn't like the bar scene.

When comparing my pressure cooker work atmosphere in Japan to Thailands comparatively relaxed mode I knew that I would like to work in Thailand next (my other comparisons are UK, HK and China).

If I can't find a job with a 'permanent' contract in Thailand (cautious type) then I'll retire there with my old creaky bones. Due to the shortage of engineers in the Japan branch I can't be relocated to Thailand and continuous expansion means it's on indefinite hold.

Being new to forums and Thailand, where can I find out what LOS stands for/means for example?

[This is not the place but, just in case anybody knows of some websites for jobs in Thailand in the R&D/process/product design & development/project management field for polymer engineers, please let me know... thanks]

Amen, ilyushin. Cheers to all of us who have found a very special corner of the globe that matches our hearts.

and our habits :o

For shame, Doc . . . but true to the bone!! :D

Amen, ilyushin. Cheers to all of us who have found a very special corner of the globe that matches our hearts.

That's exactly what he's talking about. :D

That's exactly what he's talking about. :D

:D You're a bright one, chuchok. Glad someone caught that metaphor. :D

To shag fit girls for the price of a pack of ciggies like.

Have some kids and grow up you TW#T

I think chonabot was having a laugh, but having kids is no mark of maturity (quite clearly), nor is it a prerequistite to a worthwhile existence for an individual.

I think chonabot was having a laugh, but having kids is no mark of maturity (quite clearly), nor is it a prerequistite to a worthwhile existence for an individual.

Actually I was just having a laugh and repeating what he posted on one of my posts so relaxes and don’t take TV so serious most are just here for a laugh and get a bit of info

O and bugger off and piss in someone elses pocket you you mature person you

Edited by Rigger

I took a vacation to Thailand in 1994 trying to see VN before Clinton lifted the "no trading with the enemy" status. Then it was lifted as I was trying to book a flight and I was stuck in the LOS. All flights were full. It was Tet as well.

As per typical in the LOS, the unexpected turned to magic, and I fell in love with the Kingdom. A thousand unexpected surprises met me and I went with it every time.

Not being a drinker, the partying wasn't what got me. It was the rich and varied culture, and of course the grace-filled people. Those booming smiles -man, that blew me away.

If I could find employment and school for my son there (single dad here) I would move today. It's my goal to live there, and maybe meet a nice girl too!...who knows what surprises Thailand brings...

It may be 11 more years of trying to wedge time away from work to fly to the LOS, but it is what it is.

Actually I was just having a laugh and repeating what he posted on one of my posts so relaxes and don’t take TV so serious most are just here for a laugh and get a bit of info

:D:D

It's apparently so serious that you had to try and be obnoxious.

Don't show yourself up as a condescending idiot.

Edited by Fast Eddie

It's apparently so serious that you had to try and be obnoxious.

Don't show yourself up as a condescending idiot.

you are really starting hurt my feelings now mate and should be more considerate of some of us more sensitive posters :D

Rigger.

Any more flames and it will be 30 days off. annoyed.gif

He was being funny, well I thought so.

Christ it feels like being back at school.

What are the mods coming to?

off topic -

Anyone remember that Exploited song about mods?:o

Rigger, what's wrong with the quotes in your posts?

They don't work for you, you intentionally make your posts unreadable or you don't know how to use them?

Dont know what happen there.

Rigger.

Any more flames and it will be 30 days off. :o

Hey man I was just trolling along minding my own business

Rigger, what's wrong with the quotes in your posts?

They don't work for you, you intentionally make your posts unreadable or you don't know how to use them?

Dont know what happen there.

Rigger.

Any more flames and it will be 30 days off. :o

Hey man I was just trolling along minding my own business

got me there too. :D

Rigger.

off topic -

Anyone remember that Exploited song about mods?:D

Yep, as funny as K. Larry, and look what happened to him. :o

Get back on topic, if you can remember what it was, otherwise be quiet, little boys.

Rigger.

off topic -

Anyone remember that Exploited song about mods?:D

Yep, as funny as K. Larry, and look what happened to him. :o

or RDN. :D

QUOTE(Neeranam @ 2006-01-05 23:09:16) *

1993 - To study Buddhism in a place that had nice pharmaceutical drugs

Presumably you hadn't got around to the 5th precept? laugh.gif

There is a big difference between studying and practising!

I have finally got around to the 5th precept(apart from ciggies) - took me a long time though.

Pussy, I came for the Pussy.

One honest soul. :D

Not many about, I fear. :D

I took a vacation to Thailand in 1994 trying to see VN before Clinton lifted the "no trading with the enemy" status. Then it was lifted as I was trying to book a flight and I was stuck in the LOS. All flights were full. It was Tet as well.

As per typical in the LOS, the unexpected turned to magic, and I fell in love with the Kingdom. A thousand unexpected surprises met me and I went with it every time.

Not being a drinker, the partying wasn't what got me. It was the rich and varied culture, and of course the grace-filled people. Those booming smiles -man, that blew me away.

If I could find employment and school for my son there (single dad here) I would move today. It's my goal to live there, and maybe meet a nice girl too!...who knows what surprises Thailand brings...

It may be 11 more years of trying to wedge time away from work to fly to the LOS, but it is what it is.

Bar girls make good mums. So they tell me. :o