Siam Paragon

lanny

My Thai g/f says she has heard that there have been a number of deaths at the new Siam Paragon center. According to her, these are not being reported on TV or in the papers because of pressure from the owners. She claims this has been told on the Internet.

She won't listen to me when I say you can't believe everything you read on the Internet and that, if people really are dying everyday, the news could not be suppressed completely.

Anyone else hear about such rumors? Or, is it really true? :o

One rumor I heard was about a little girl falling through an open space in the flooring...wonder how thin she must have been to pull that off :o

A couple of weeks ago I noticed that the paint job they did on some of the overhead piping was ridiculous, large portions of the pipe were unpainted...talk about being in a rush for the holiday season.

One rumor I heard was about a little girl falling through an open space in the flooring...wonder how thin she must have been to pull that off :D

A couple of weeks ago I noticed that the paint job they did on some of the overhead piping was ridiculous, large portions of the pipe were unpainted...talk about being in a rush for the holiday season.

Siam Paragon, The Triumphant Pride of Bangkok, The Incredibly Glorious, Stunning,The Magnificent, Stupendous, Absolutely Fantastic Shopping Mall was scheduled to be opened on the day it was opened on Dec 9th. by H.R.H.Princess Sirindhorn. It doesn't matter that half the stores weren't ready and open or that much finishing work needed to be done. Nobody lost face because it opened on the day they said it would open. This is Thailand, it's a Thai company and let's hope the success of the businesses inside is better than the poor damned palm trees outside. Maybe plastic trees would have been better?

As for other OPENINGS, it will not be as easy to sham an opening for Suvarnabhumi International Airport as it has to be approved and certified by the International Airport Authority, which is a serious business, and unless everything meets strict international standards it will be rejected until the faults (if any) are fixed.

Thus, the unofficial date for the Official opening cannot be revealed officially until P.M. Thaksin officially announces the date of the First Unofficial Opening which should be on or around the date of the official celebration of His Majesty The King's 60th Anniversary. If the airport is not ready Mr.Thaksin will resign!

All of this,of course, is Unofficial.:o:D

I did read a story somewhere about the little girl falling. She didn't need to be thin. There was a huge gap of several feet apparently that was covered up by some pots or plants some such. She went past those and down to the next floor. Hurt badly but no brain damage. Company paid for care, but blamed parents and girl for not paying attention! I was surprised not to see this as a News Item on the forum, or maybe I wasn't surprised!