Advice

Hi,

After a few months of the worst bad/luck i can remember here in the UK.I coming over Thailand for at least 6 months in May.

Was planing on coming over in March and bring my TGF back to the UK for a few weeks holiday but that has changed now.

What visa do i apply for in the UK for 6 months or longer stay?

What details do i need?.I wont be doing any work while in BKK.

Any info would be great :o

ps = can you reccomend a good thai bank to open a current account?

As far as I know, Siam Commercial Bank is as good as there is and I have a savings acct. there and was easy to open.

I would say that a non immigrant "O" would be a good visa to have but it would depend on your age.You could just get a tourist visa that would be good for 3 months and then go out to Lao or Burma or Cambodia and get a renew for another 3 months.and if you get tourist visa's you would not need a bank acct. Just use your home bank ATM card.

The tourist visa enables a stay of only 60 days, but it is extendable by another 30 days in Thailand. You have a Thai girlfriend, so why not apply for a Non-Immigrant O class visa to be with her. Only apply at a Consulate such as Birmingham or Hull. The RTE London is too tough.

The tourist visa enables a stay of only 60 days, but it is extendable by another 30 days in Thailand. You have a Thai girlfriend, so why not apply for a Non-Immigrant O class visa to be with her. Only apply at a Consulate such as Birmingham or Hull. The RTE London is too tough.

I told him about the Non-Immigrant option.

:o Thxs guys & Doc,

Spoke to the Hull office today & they were great,cant say enough about how helpfull they are!! top class!!.

Ive down-loaded the "o" form & fingers crossed they will issue it to me.But i have to send it off one month before i fly.

:o Thxs guys & Doc,

Spoke to the Hull office today & they were great,cant say enough about how helpfull they are!! top class!!.

Ive down-loaded the "o" form & fingers crossed they will issue it to me.But i have to send it off one month before i fly.

Good for you 32. The best of luck :D

Kevin n,

You mentioned Siam Commercial Bank.

Do you know if they are still requireing an initial deposit of 50,000 Baht, to open an account?

If they are not requiring the 50,000 initial deposit, would you please mention the name of the branch concerned.

Thanks and regards

Alanw

Kevin n,

You mentioned Siam Commercial Bank.

Do you know if they are still requireing an initial deposit of 50,000 Baht, to open an account?

If they are not requiring the 50,000 initial deposit, would you please mention the name of the branch concerned.

Thanks and regards

Alanw

I go to head office Alan Rachadapisek Road.