Non-Slip Flip Flops

tfc

Can anyone recommend a good brand of non-slip flip flops or sandals? The few pairs I've had have nearly had me go head over heels when walking on the slightest bit of water.

Genuine ones made by swimming brands.

I had a pair made by arena bought from a outlet fair for 200 Baht they were the best pair I ever had. Didn't slip, soooooo comfy and lasted ages. I've never found them anywhere again. sad.png

I only threw them away after one of my cats left a gutted dead rat in them outside the front door.

Edited by arthurwait

As flip-flops are made of rubber/plastic they will slip on a wet surface. Imagine non-slipping tyres for cars or motorcycles, it has not been invented yet.

tyres are non-slipping on wet surface......the problem is that they "swim" up on the water on higher speed.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'd love a pair of real reef flip flops, had them years ago, where did you get them from Craig? I'll look into Scholl too.

I've seen them at SuperSports. Plus several other good brands of flip flops. Including Crocs, Sanok, etc. You have to check the bottom to see if it's slippery or not.

As flip-flops are made of rubber/plastic they will slip on a wet surface. Imagine non-slipping tyres for cars or motorcycles, it has not been invented yet.

I'm a sailor and have worn Sperry Topsiders for years. They don't slip and that's why sailors wear them!

Edit: As mentioned above, with enough water, you're gonna slip. Or if there is grease/oil on the ground...which is normal after a rain if you're near a road, etc.

Crocs make flip-flops as well as their usual 'boat' shoes. I haven't gone tits-up in them yet.

Aint they the ones which get caught up in the escalator's and as a result your feet get cut to shreds ?

Can't say I have come across any escalators offshore but thanks for the heads up.

Crocs make flip-flops as well as their usual 'boat' shoes. I haven't gone tits-up in them yet.

Aint they the ones which get caught up in the escalator's and as a result your feet get cut to shreds ?

Can't say I have come across any escalators offshore but thanks for the heads up.

If for offshore go with the scholls......better on your feet on hard decks..wink.png

Hi

I use a brand called fit flops ,they are avaiable in Thailand ,

South peel ,where in the world are you working ,the last 3 companies I have been with have enforced a closed toe policy even in side the accomadition module ,are you really allowed out on deck in flip flops ?

Steve

Hi

I use a brand called fit flops ,they are avaiable in Thailand ,

South peel ,where in the world are you working ,the last 3 companies I have been with have enforced a closed toe policy even in side the accomadition module ,are you really allowed out on deck in flip flops ?

Steve

No not allowed out on deck in flip flops....but can wear flip flops inside the accomadation and the deck outside the accomdation, which was the deck I am referring to...no the safety loonies have forced closed toe policies in the accomadation on us yet..laugh.png....and they will have problem trying...I endorse the polices...thumbsup.gif

Well they decided a few years ago to enforce it ,it was really enforced until a guy ripped his toe nail out on a stairwell ,so sooner or. Later it will come your way

I scalded my hand once making a coffee ,turned as somebody called me go a few hot water splices on the back of my hand ,they tagged out the water urn for a month ,safety loonies indeed ,as you could guess I was mr popular

Steve

Well they decided a few years ago to enforce it ,it was really enforced until a guy ripped his toe nail out on a stairwell ,so sooner or. Later it will come your way

I scalded my hand once making a coffee ,turned as somebody called me go a few hot water splices on the back of my hand ,they tagged out the water urn for a month ,safety loonies indeed ,as you could guess I was mr popular

Steve

My favourite was the loonies trying to ban toothpicks because someone stuck a toothpick in their gum and it started to bleed, (only a little bit) in the mess..

dont get me wrong I am all for working safe, but sometimes when the loonies get involved the mind boggles with what they come up with...whistling.gif

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 1

Apologies south peel ,I didn't read all the posts

You do realize that Soutpeel is now getting counseling for you spelling his name wrong twice? It took him a long time and much effort to come up with that name, he's very precious about it. coffee1.gif

I use a brand called fit flops <snip>

No not allowed out on deck in flip flops....but can wear flip flops inside the accomadation and the deck outside the accomdation, which was the deck I am referring to...no the safety loonies have forced closed toe policies in the accomadation on us yet..laugh.png....and they will have problem trying...I endorse the polices...thumbsup.gif

Soutpeel ... would these address the Health and Safety issues that you have encountered?

post-104736-0-61075200-1338237522_thumb.

I believe that the New Zealand Navy is reviewing them.

Edited by David48

what's the big deal about flip flops? they are the thai national footwear and very cheap...just keep looking and buying at tescos until you can find a pair that 'does the trick'...the discarded ones just give to the BiLs or to other family...

I presently have a pair of Mr Stones from tesco (about thb400) that I wear around in preference to the GBP70 Clarks that I bought in the UK...the Clarks are OK for long distance and appearance but the cheap ones are OK for trips to the market and day to day and they ain't cheap looking...real nice and they hold up well on wet surfaces...but they don't give yer feet much support...but you don't expect any flip flop to do so...

and then at site and a central European boss (in a mud quagmire in a shirt and tie and a ridiculous moustache) criticises: 'your footwear is unprofessional, Mr tutsi...' tutsi: 'oh yeah? then lets trade with yer shiny shoes and I'll go barefoot and then your relaxed feet with my sandals will cause you to relax and fer you not to criticise...'...if ye gotta wear horrible, clunky safety shoes at site then what's the point of shiny formal shoes that kill yer feet?...

foot comfort is a primary consideration when at site or anywhere 10hrs per day and both asian and arab clients realise and always shuffle about in sandals...and they got the right idea...