Aluminium Channel

prophet01

Looking for a shop around Phuket stocking aluminium channel. Am building some stockroom cupboards with sliding doors and want to use for the door track. Anyone know of anywhere. (I've looked around Patong but it's all bent reclaimed type rubbish.)

Bit like this (top and bottom channels) except I'll recess some rollers into the base of the doors in place of the nylon guides:

402767543.jpg

So, having sourced and purchased the aluminium track, rollers and plunger lock (75Bt) I trot off to Homeworks to pick up a sheet of 15mm chipboard from the huge palette load that's always there.

Only this time all of the palette of 15mm is gone and there's only 12mm and 18mm left. Someone only went and bought the whole palette in one go.

"So when you getting some more 15mm?" I enquired.

"3 months time" came the response.

Its a bloody conspiracy.

So, the question now is:

does anyone know of any other supplier of 15mm chipboard on the island?

I've just tried all of the obvious timber and sheet material suppliers on both sides of the By-Pass road but no luck. They have only plywood, MDF or cement board.

Yes chipboard and particle board are the same product. Unfortunately no Global down here.

Think I'll have to take up some of the 15mm I've used in other rack shelving, use that for the sliding cupboard doors and replace with 18mm. Bit OTT but, when needs must.