Best Place To Make Wedding Dress/evening Gown?

Linisha

Hi, I need some advice about where to go to buy wedding dress. I will buy a wedding dress and a brides maids dress for my sisters wedding. I would really appreciate all advice about the best tailor to go to (and preferrably one that is also reasonable in price). It would also be interesting to know something about what is a reasonable price for a tailormade gown. Just wanting to know of that tailor that you can really recommend!

Thanks!

One that is supposed to be very good (lot of well heeled tourists go there) is called the Cotton House in Oriental Place, next to the Oriental Hotel. I had a Chinese dress made there and it was very good. 2 fittings and i probably could have had more if I hadn't been in a rush. They do western style dresses, blouses, tops, trousers etc. I am sure they do evening gowns as well but am not sure about wedding dresses.

Worth a look anyhow.

One that is supposed to be very good (lot of well heeled tourists go there) is called the Cotton House in Oriental Place, next to the Oriental Hotel. I had a Chinese dress made there and it was very good. 2 fittings and i probably could have had more if I hadn't been in a rush. They do western style dresses, blouses, tops, trousers etc. I am sure they do evening gowns as well but am not sure about wedding dresses.

Worth a look anyhow.

Thanks! Will check it out!

There are several wedding gown makers right near Khao San Road. My wife had her dress made there. An absolutely gorgeous pink number (she likes pink), that had all the guests talking. It was about 18,000 baht for the dress, and she had two fittings.

If you are standing at the Burger King at the end of Khao San road, facing KS Road, turn right and walk down the street. Several great shops right there.

Peace

Linisha,

We had both of our wedding outfits made by Julie. Here's her website:

http://www.julie.co.th/

She was excellent and so was her assistant Moon. They opened up their shop especially for our fittings as we were in a bit of a hurry. Totally professional service and very cheap. Have a look at the 'Customer Quote' section of their website for pictures of the dresses they've made.

I can email you some photos of our outfits if you're interested?

By the way, congrats on finding Silky a home! Your story brought a tear to my eye and I'm so glad it had a happy ending! :o:D:D

Dawn