Thaksin's Son Praises Sonthi For 'Unlocking Nation'

webfact

Thaksin's son praises Sonthi for 'unlocking nation'

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Panthongtae Shinawatra, the son of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, Tuesday praised former coup leader Gen Sonthi Boonyaratglin for proposing a reconciliation bill.

Posting a message on his Facebook page, Panthongtae said he believed Sonthi's reconciliation bill would unlock the country from the political impasse and allow it to move on.

Panthongtae said Sonthi, who toppled his father's government in 2006, deserved the credit for the efforts to help the country move forward.

During the past five or six years, Panthongtae said, he saw Sonthi as the one who persecuted his father and his family.

"But after he realised that the coup was not the right solution, he was man enough to lead the efforts to solve this situation," Panthongtae wrote.

"So, this bill was drafted and I have to thank him."

He said if any article caused political victims to feel that they would not receive justice, the article could be changed and improved during the deliberation process.

Panthongtae said it was fine that a group of Pheu Thai MPs had also proposed their own versions of reconciliation bills.

He said that a reconciliation bill should rehabilitate the victims and should create social justice.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-05-29

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't he another one that testified that he owned some of daddy's shares? Of course that wouldn't fit the "new" definition of perjury.

The similarities between the Shinawatras and the "Teflon Don" Gotti family are amazing.

With his close/extended family as well as his work history, he should fit the Thai polotical scene like stink on sh.t. On the other hand he may be more qualified a s the source of the odor.

Sorry, wasn't this guy one of the main reasons that Thaksin started the war on drugs, because he was on coke? coffee1.gif

that was the guy who, when stopped drunk, told the police that he is the son of the future first president of Thailand.

With his close/extended family as well as his work history, he should fit the Thai polotical scene like stink on sh.t. On the other hand he may be more qualified a s the source of the odor.

More qualified??

Thaksin has a doctorate in Criminal Justice! How can any criminal on the run be more qualified?

Academically, he must have disappointed his family, he dropped out of Thammasart University and was involved in a controversy at the open university at Ramkhamhaeng when he was found to have a piece of paper in his top pocket during an exam.

His father had to explain it was all a misunderstanding.

No doubt another 'honest mistake'!

More qualified??

Thaksin has a doctorate in Criminal Justice! How can any criminal on the run be more qualified?

Houston University, Huntsville, not in the 200 best rankings of the world,- in Texas highest murder rate in US, accomplished by capital punishment of proven innocents.

Training doctorate for the war on drugs?

More qualified??

Houston University, Huntsville, not in the 200 best rankings of the world,- in Texas highest murder rate in US, accomplished by capital punishment of proven innocents.

Training doctorate for the war on drugs?

Not training doctorate for the war on drugs.

Training doctorate for a criminal on the run. Maybe it should be called doctorate in escaping Justice?

"He said if any article caused political victims to feel that they would not receive justice, the article could be changed and improved during the deliberation process."

--

I say, " If any personal action, like killing somebody with a gun, caused victims to feel that they would not receive justice the laws about rich people's kids getting away with blue murder should be changed and improved during the deliberation process." ;)

-mel.

The emotions of fear, jealousy and bitterness are discernible in this thread. Why are comments unrelated to the specifics of the man's comments posted? Character assassination is the m.o. of the bitter brigade, once again. Snide comments made about education, coming from people with limited education. Fascinating insight.

"Snide comments made about education, coming from people with limited education"

I stand by my comment, snide or not. He is what he is, a "daddy's boy" and a spoiled one at that, and he exhibits all the characteristics of his ilk, the sort of people, who when questioned or stopped are often heard to say " Do you know who my father is?" or " Do you know who I am?"

This son of Thaksin may have been to school and university but that doesn't necessarily make him an educated person, since university degrees can be purchased as easily as a paperback, and not just from KSRd.. His university history speaks volumes by the way.

He is not an example to the youth of Thailand and to be perfectly frank I doubt that without his father's money and influence, the young chap would be fit to clean my windows.

• Like 1

The emotions of fear, jealousy and bitterness are discernible in this thread. Why are comments unrelated to the specifics of the man's comments posted? Character assassination is the m.o. of the bitter brigade, once again. Snide comments made about education, coming fr om people with limited education. Fascinating insight.

Right ON. We should listen to the man's comments and ignore what we know about him. The fact that he has perjured himself, is a recreational illegal drug user, cheats in his exams, and lives in the lap of luxury due to his father's ill-gotten gains, shouldn't sway us at all because he is a Shinawatra hi-so and money can cure anything.

Apple from the tree?

The emotions of fear, jealousy and bitterness are discernible in this thread. Why are comments unrelated to the specifics of the man's comments posted? Character assassination is the m.o. of the bitter brigade, once again. Snide comments made about education, coming from people with limited education. Fascinating insight.

"Snide comments made about education, coming from people with limited education"

I stand by my comment, snide or not. He is what he is, a "daddy's boy" and a spoiled one at that, and he exhibits all the characteristics of his ilk, the sort of people, who when questioned or stopped are often heard to say " Do you know who my father is?" or " Do you know who I am?"

This son of Thaksin may have been to school and university but that doesn't necessarily make him an educated person, since university degrees can be purchased as easily as a paperback, and not just from KSRd.. His university history speaks volumes by the way.

He is not an example to the youth of Thailand and to be perfectly frank I doubt that without his father's money and influence, the young chap would be fit to clean my windows.

The poster is right about one thing, though...

Oak is someone to be feared :o

294902_369993183049121_186006744781100_948865_1154216803_n.jpg

Panthongtae Shinawatra's public Facebook page

Edited by Buchholz

A PM that refuses to leave the position he no longer legally holds is a coup, Removing a PM that refuses to leave the position he no longer legally holds is not a coup,

Military juntas are democratically elected governments.