Uk Parents Arrested On Suspicion Of Killing 6 Children In House Fire

News_Editor

UK parents arrested on suspicion of killing 6 children in house fire < br />

2012-05-31 01:35:42 GMT+7 (ICT)

LONDON (BNO NEWS) -- Two British parents were arrested on Tuesday morning on suspicion of murder after their children were killed in a house fire in central England earlier this month, police said.

Police arrested Mick Philpcott, 55, who has fathered seventeen children in a number of different relationships, and his wife Mairead, 31. After being observed for several weeks, police made the arrests on suspicion of murder. However, Derbyshire Police Assistant chief Constable Steve Cotterill said investigators are still searching for answers.

"We still need information to help us in this inquiry. The latest arrests are just one step further in the investigation," Cotterill said. "It is absolutely vital that if you know anything you think could help us, come forward now, do not wait any longer. It is important that we find justice for these six young children."

The incident occurred on May 11 when a fire was set to a house in the Allenton area of Derby City, which is located in the East Midlands region of England. Six children aged between 5 and 13 years old were killed in the fire due to smoke inhalation. Police previously said petrol was used to accelerate the blaze.

Killed in the fire were 10-year-old Jade Philpott, brothers John, 9, Jack, 7, Jessie, 6, and Jayden, 5. Their 13-year-old elder brother Duwayne died two days later while being treated at the intensive care unit of Birmingham Children's Hospital.

Both Mick and Mairead Philpott gathered media attention when they appeared in a press conference following the deadly fire, weeping sorrowfully as the father announced Duwayne's organs would be donated for transplant. The couple also received over £10,000 ($15,500) in donations in order to pay the children's funerals, which have yet to take place, but plans are for the ceremony to be carried out at the Derby Cathedral.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2012-05-31

17 children! I wonder what his day job is (if any)?

Six children were allegedly murdered by this man & you post the above comment??? How about emailing U.K. media with the same wording and sign it as OzMick and see the response you get.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

One inflammatory post has been removed. The comments thus far are not very impressive.

Stick to the topic, which is tragic enough. Silly remarks about other posters are not necessary.

The guy was a full time moocher who never worked and just lived off of UK handouts. He had appeared on The Jeremy Kyle Show (if you never heard of it you would live a better life not ever finding out more about it) because he is a lazy benefit scumbag who acts like Britain owes him a living.

The rumours alledge that he started the fire in his (govermment supplied and paid for) house with 6 of his kids asleep upstairs so he would get a better house and he could blame it on the local community who all hated him or his ex wife who he was fighting in court the next day.

Him and his partner, who has also been charged with murder, gave a press conference very soon after the death of the 6th child but if you watch it something is not right with what he says and the way he says it. He pretends to break down grief stricken a few times but then breaks character to say something to the camera and going back pretending to sob.

The guy was already scum before this incident. If it turns out he is guilty and responsible for this deplorable crime and the murders of 6 of his children then he is the lowest of the low and I hope every day is hell for him until he dies a horrible slow death.

• Like 2

If found guilty of these appalling crimes these two will be Rule 43 prisoners, which means they will spend 23 hours of every day locked away from other prisoners who will be waiting for any chance to attack them as 'Nonce's '. They will reap the misery they deserve.

UK jails are notorious world-wide for the inmates views on child-killers. I think this Mick person will get truly hard justice if convicted.

Obviously we don't know if he is guilty yet. BBC reported yesterday that petrol had been used under the letterbox area of the door. Currently imo he is guilty of being an ignorant leech, fathering so many children while having no trade to feed them with. Currently in the UK there is a lot of changes happening to tighten benefit rules of all types (including genuinely sick people) many legitimate claimants are having benefits reduced or stopped, with further housing-benefit cuts expected too. If he is guilty then his only "motive" that I can see is that he realised the DWP free-ride was over for him under the new laws, and that he wasn't prepared to start working to support his children. My prayers are with the deceased children, their surviving siblings and their friends at school.

Edited by Yunla

Six children were allegedly murdered by this man & you post the above comment??? How about emailing U.K. media with the same wording and sign it as OzMick and see the response you get.

This Mick is not the person who allegedly killed 6 of his children. Without other knowledge, I surmised that the man might well be a professional social security bludger, but because I didn't this know for a fact, I referred to it obliquely, and with a question mark.

As to the response of the UK media and public, my attitude is the same as to yours.

BTW Six children were allegedly murdered by this man & you post the above comment? Your only response is to snipe at another post?

This Mick is not the person who allegedly killed 6 of his children. Without other knowledge, I surmised that the man might well be a professional social security bludger, but because I didn't this know for a fact, I referred to it obliquely, and with a question mark.

As to the response of the UK media and public, my attitude is the same as to yours.

BTW Six children were allegedly murdered by this man & you post the above comment? Your only response is to snipe at another post?

However, looks as though I misunderstood the intent of your post, to me, it came across as very flippant given the horrific murder of children. Apologies & I hope you agree there is no need to dwell any further on this conversation.

Edited by simple1