ericg1953

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another deli spotted:

Saw a DELI sign today for a small place that's now open on Soi 5, Jomtien, near the beach end. Who knows, krap...?

cool.png

Been there a while. Of no culinary interest. Basic sandwiches and snacks. Not the class of food that is real New York deli. Edited by Jingthing

I mean NY DELI has an outlet there

Nothing to do with either Jomtien delis we are talking about.

Yes I know but until this thread I had never seen them or heard of them in Thailand and because I spotted another it was interesting to see that they are expanding.

I mean NY DELI has an outlet there

Nothing to do with either Jomtien delis we are talking about.

Yes I know but until this thread I had never seen them or heard of them in Thailand and because I spotted another it was interesting to see that they are expanding.

I think you mean a Thai chain called something like New York Deli. It's nothing like real New York Deli (assuming it's the chain I think). They had a branch for a while at the Avenue Mall. It was a total flop so surprised they're expanding anywhere. Edited by Jingthing

Just went to deli izza today for the first time. Wow! Great pastrami for sure. Sat down and chatted up John (the owner) and he tells me he makes all his own meats. It's quite obvious that he puts his heart into it. For now he's open from like noon-5pm but there are plans to extend the hours (and menu) around the middle of July. I really hope he does as he was talking up some great items that I can't wait to try out. Pulled pork would be top of my list. Also talk of hamburgers and open faced turkey sandwiches with stuffing and all.

He also said they are looking at a place on chayaput 2 to handle the dark side crowd. He thinks that deliveries to the dark side will be made from this new location. Doesn't sound like it's firmed up yet but he is actively working on it. It sounds like many of his customers come from the dark side so a spot out there would be quite fitting.

He wanted to give a big THANK YOU to JT for all the good words and for recommending his spot to others (that's how I got word). Thanks JT!

On a side note, he is also thinking of doing a smaller sized sandwich for the more value conscientious so if you don't like to spend what he is charging for the larger sandwich then make it known to him and maybe that will push the idea. Personally, I want a bigger sandwich. He was telling me he does a 16oz Pastrami that I will be trying the next time around.

Also, you can buy the meat from him and make your own meals at home if you choose.

Just went to deli izza today for the first time. Wow! Great pastrami for sure. Sat down and chatted up John (the owner) and he tells me he makes all his own meats. It's quite obvious that he puts his heart into it. For now he's open from like noon-5pm but there are plans to extend the hours (and menu) around the middle of July. I really hope he does as he was talking up some great items that I can't wait to try out. Pulled pork would be top of my list. Also talk of hamburgers and open faced turkey sandwiches with stuffing and all.

He also said they are looking at a place on chayaput 2 to handle the dark side crowd. He thinks that deliveries to the dark side will be made from this new location. Doesn't sound like it's firmed up yet but he is actively working on it. It sounds like many of his customers come from the dark side so a spot out there would be quite fitting.

He wanted to give a big THANK YOU to JT for all the good words and for recommending his spot to others (that's how I got word). Thanks JT!

On a side note, he is also thinking of doing a smaller sized sandwich for the more value conscientious so if you don't like to spend what he is charging for the larger sandwich then make it known to him and maybe that will push the idea. Personally, I want a bigger sandwich. He was telling me he does a 16oz Pastrami that I will be trying the next time around.

Also, you can buy the meat from him and make your own meals at home if you choose.

What are the bulk prices please?

What are the bulk prices please?

I don't have that info. I'm sure it's negotiable based on volume. You should stop in there and have a chat with John.

Deli izza is great. I haven't been there since they reopened, but did many times before they closed. Great pizza and sandwiches. I had a Reuben one time that was too big to eat in one sitting... with pickle and potato salad. My wife and I made the mistake of ordering a 16" pizza and we could only eat half between the two of us - very tasty.

John's special dinners are also fantastic. I ate there for Thanksgiving and Christmas and it was just like eating at moms... Glad they are back...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Went to Deli-izza earlier, was not disapointed, 250baht for an amazing pastrami sandwhich. Cant wait for them to open up their new place.

What new place? Where will the new place be? Is the current location going to stay open? And if so when will they be open evenings? So many questions?

Went to Deli-izza earlier, was not disapointed, 250baht for an amazing pastrami sandwhich. Cant wait for them to open up their new place.

What new place? Where will the new place be? Is the current location going to stay open? And if so when will they be open evenings? So many questions?

I think the new place will be on the dark side. Not sure the exact location has been hammered down yet. Also, this will not effect the original location. As for when he is back to normal hours, I don't know personally. I have a hard time getting in there before 5pm myself.

I am going to try real hard to make it there tomorrow before 5pm.

If you make it there and have any more up to date info on the new opening or his main spot hours then please come back an post for us all.

Thanks.

From the conversation I had, him and his son are waiting on their work permits, once thats out of the way they will be moving to cheypruk (sp) road just off beach road near the police box in the middle not the one at the end. They will have a little cafe I think and a shop where you can buy everything to take home. Ill look forward to trying some of the things you cant get at the moment like their home made bread and potato salad etc.

From the conversation I had, him and his son are waiting on their work permits, once thats out of the way they will be moving to cheypruk (sp) road just off beach road near the police box in the middle not the one at the end. They will have a little cafe I think and a shop where you can buy everything to take home. Ill look forward to trying some of the things you cant get at the moment like their home made bread and potato salad etc.

From the conversation I had with him the shop will be on cheyapuk but on the other side of sukumvit (dark side).

From the conversation I had with him the shop will be on cheyapuk but on the other side of sukumvit (dark side).

That be Chaiyapruek 2 then, very busy road!

That be Chaiyapruek 2 then, very busy road!

and beach road in jomtien is not a busy road? Why would a business want to open a road that wasn't busy? Not really sure what you mean by your comment.