Flights From Uk To Bangkok, Extortion Or Reasonable ?

matsky13

I am just looking for flights to the uk from Bangkok, got a visa application pending (with lots of help from Forum members ) , and now just looking for some flights so i can book them asap after the visa is granted ( Hopefully fingers and toes crossed)..

can anyone recomend any good travel agents in uk or maybe from Thailand would be better ? or direct with airlines , she would be flying to manchester i think ??.

I am amazed at the price difference on the Emirates web site for a round trip , flights from bangkok as apposed to the same dates flying to bangkok , does anyone know why it is so much more expensive 50 percent increase seems alot to me , I understand the supply and demand model but 50 percent ???.

Queens Jubuilee. the Olympics, school holidays, they're all factors. Try the middle eatsern airlines, Gulf Air and Ethihad, also try not flying to Heathrow,, gatwick etc usually cheaper.

• Like 1

The cost of tickets at peak times for all types of transport have always been more expensive at peak times than at quieter times when there is less demand; it's the way the market works, supply and demand.

I have, though, often wondered why a one way ticket is always so much more than half the cost of a return, sometimes they're nearly the same. The airlines, I'm sure, will give you all sorts of reasons if asked, but I suspect the real reason is because they can.

Not a visa question, so moving to the travel forum.

Nothing to do with availability , with emirates any day of the year for same journey but in reverse ie. Manchester to Bangkok via Dubai return trip around 650 pound . but Bangkok to Manchester via Dubai round trip 950 pounds . Like i say Any day any month its always massive diference . I guess more people fly from Uk to Bagkok and back but It should not make that much difference but like you say ....Its because they can !!.

But have any of you guys got prefered routes ,Airlines or booking agents , I have used Net flights quite a bit and have often found them cheaper than direct with airline , ok maybe only 20 pound , but thats quite a few Tiger beers .... But I have never booked a RETURN flight FROM Thailand ..... Only To ....

PS sorry for posting in wrong forum .....

Nothing to do with availability , with emirates any day of the year for same journey but in reverse ie. Manchester to Bangkok via Dubai return trip around 650 pound . but Bangkok to Manchester via Dubai round trip 950 pounds . Like i say Any day any month its always massive diference . I guess more people fly from Uk to Bagkok and back but It should not make that much difference but like you say ....Its because they can !!.

But have any of you guys got prefered routes ,Airlines or booking agents , I have used Net flights quite a bit and have often found them cheaper than direct with airline , ok maybe only 20 pound , but thats quite a few Tiger beers .... But I have never booked a RETURN flight FROM Thailand ..... Only To ....

PS sorry for posting in wrong forum .....

Qatar airlines alway has great rates.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Tickets are more expensive this year I find too, am sure they will roll out the OLympics, Diamond jubilee, APT up and forget to mention that cost of fuel has gone down about 20% in the last month, they always have an answer. I have found the cheapest prices seem to be about 6 days before the flight, in the UK try STA travel, cheapticket.co.uk or Southalltravel.com

good luck

• Like 1

Etihad used to be best for value and they have now reduced the life and value of their Airmiles. They are at least £100 more expensive than Qatar, Jet , or EVA. I like to use Etihad but their prices are becoming prohibitive. For example Flights from Manchester with them are now £707 minimum whilst with Qatar you can easily get flights to BKK from £625. That's from September 2012 onwards. Coming back from Bangkok on round trip has become expensive as one commentator said 'just because they can' charge that is. Come on Etihad get your pricing back into cometition !!

Always worth bearing baggage allowance in mind too. Some of the national carriers of poor baggage allowances but try the likes of Oman Air, Jet Airways and Emirates and they are all in the region 30kg plus at least 7kg hand luggage.

If you're looking to fly one way Bangkok to UK soon try via India or Sri Lanka. I just booked one way Bangkok to Heathrow in mid-July with a stop-over in Sri Lanka for THB 18,500 each with Sri Lankan Airways. Thought it was very good price considering we arrive peak season and one week before the Olmypics start (and less than half the price of return flight with the larger airlines.

Air India was a bit cheaper but the wife refused to stopover anywhere in India on the way whistling.gif

I normally use Expedia to search, then search the airlines not included and check the best price dirct with the airline. As another poster mentioned not normally much difference in price.

• Like 1

Also look at Jetairways via Mumbai

July aan August always very expensive both ways (school holidays)

The problem here is that the change of plane in India is not a good experience, I would be very reluctant to want to go through it ever again, security gone mad!
  • Like 2

Best prices for a return from Bangkok to Manchester seem to be with Ethiad .Around 800 pounds.. Its going to kill me giving more money to Man City ......that will cover about 3 seconds for Tevez on his next bench warming session .

Also look at Jetairways via Mumbai

July aan August always very expensive both ways (school holidays)

Mumbai is hellish. Massive delays with security checks. Also general delays. Delhi is a lot better.

No problems - apart from those mentioned - with Jet and they can be cheaper.