When Selling A 'Fully Furnished' Condo

hotandhumid

I think I may have managd to sell my condo (feel free to faint) the deal was it would include all the furniture, which is fair enough, but when the buyer came to view the condo I had quite a few paintings hanging up and a few bits in the kitchen. Would they be expecting that to remain? Is there any kind of golden rule where that is concerned as I feel like they are personal items and usually people have much different tastes in paintings/pictures etc, or as I assume, is it just a case of thrashing it out with the buyer..?

Yes, you sold as is, right? All must remain.

That's not the way it works here, typically there's an understanding that furniture and appliances are included but the details and specifics follow later.

I like Matisse and yes in the contract if stated all items remain, they do just that. I',m licensed out of Hawaii. Sell a house and try to take the stuff if you have contractually obligated yourself to let it remain and you will lose your real estate license. Have been licensed for quite a few years.( Own a lithograph)

Edited by FOODLOVER

Oh thats funny. After he finished surfing he laid my fire place. If the contract states that these things remain, they remain. It will be included in the contract that the licenced Realtor wrote. Then approved by a licensed broker. Then if problems arise will go in front of the Hawaiian Real Estate Association. (HAR)

I like Matisse and yes in the contract if stated all items remain, they do just that. I',m licensed out of Hawaii. Sell a house and try to take the stuff if you have contractually obligated yourself to let it remain and you will lose your real estate license. Have been licensed for quite a few years.( Own a lithograph)

And what relevance has Hawaii got to Thailand?

• Like 1

Real estate contractual law. What lawyer is writing the contract? If you have a million dollar piece of art that adds value to the estate it must be added into the contract. It must be included as part of the estate. I might be a bit downsy at times but cover your assets!(GREAT SURF AND BIG SHARKS)

ALoha and mahalo!

Edited by FOODLOVER

Real estate contractual law. What lawyer is writing the contract? If you have a million dollar piece of art that adds value to the estate it must be added into the contract. It must be included as part of the estate. I might be a bit downsy at times but cover your assets!(GREAT SURF AND BIG SHARKS)

ALoha and mahalo!

I don't think you have a clue how things work here: I've just bought a condo, my third in nine years here and yet again I've written my own contract, only the laziest and poorest of lawyers here are interested in doing conveyancing. As for contents, well, we've already set out that the inventory will perhaps be included with the contract and typically the degree to which contents are/are not included is very very flexible and not a bit like back home, jeeze, imagine that!

• Like 2

What is your experience hanging million dollar peices of art that would not be conveyed through contractual obligation in a real estate contract? IE sold with property!

Edited by FOODLOVER
  • Like 1

Well at least you now know that if there is a problem, you can go to the Hawaiian Real Estate Association.

If it was in Hawaii millions of dollars would cover the liability. Part of the dues that all Realtors pay.

When I bought my last condo the owner left behind his paintings

I just binned them and put up my own, which won't be included in any future sale.

Yep. As far as I see they are 'personal items' will see tomorrow what happens.

I thought the contract was supposed to be drawn up today?Now I'm really fainting.

When I sold my apt in the past furnished means all appliances, decoration and "things" in the apartment unless I exclude a certain item and excluding all private items (computer, clothes, pictures, etc.)

Should be specified in the contract but if not maybe specify with purchaser before the cashiers check is shown and make sure it's what you both want.

If you were in the condo while showing it to him he will expect you to remain as well as his butler.

I like the irony.

I've decided I will take the pictures before and see if anyone says anything....to me they are 'personal items'....any sensible thoughts on that?

Edited by hotandhumid

I think what the buyer expects depends on the country he comes from so "furniture included" or "as is" needs to be listed on what items will be left behind. Or point out what items you want to take out. A person's wall hangings are usually a personal likeness or connection so removing those most likely would not be a disppointment. Yes, I always find it strange how in some countries an apartment may be totally empty with no light fixtures or even wall cabinets whereas in my country one would expect ceiling iights and a basic kitchen to be included.