Paying Income Tax On Work Permit

i know that usually people pay tax every month when they have a work permit. my lawyer says don't bother, just pay once a year for the whole year in March. Is this correct? I've had the WP for 3 months now and havn't paid a bhat yet, but i'm worried if my lawyer is wrong, i'll get slapped for a big fine.

any advice please?

thanks, steve

i know that usually people pay tax every month when they have a work permit. my lawyer says don't bother, just pay once a year for the whole year in March. Is this correct? I've had the WP for 3 months now and havn't paid a bhat yet, but i'm worried if my lawyer is wrong, i'll get slapped for a big fine.

any advice please?

thanks, steve

Once a year is fine, or at least I've never had a problem doing it that way.

any advice please?

thanks, steve

Once a year is fine, or at least I've never had a problem doing it that way.

ok, thanks, i guess i'm a bit paranoid

Best hear what others have to say about this as well. It might vary from locale to locale, for example. I'm in Chiang Mai, and every expat I know here on a WP pays at tax filing time and that's it. The tax people here seem very happy with that arrangement.

It also depends how you do get your income.

If you run your 'own' company where you work as employee you may deduct monthly withholding tax from your salary, paid to tqax-office, and do a tax-return at the end of the year.