Red Shirts Told To Fight 'Attempts To Unseat Govt'

Lite Beer

He apologised to those red shirts who were upset with his previous speech, viewed as self-obsessed by some, and vowed to work for the benefit of all red shirts, including those still in jail.

Don't believe what I said before.....believe what I'm saying now.....unless it becomes expedient for me to say something else.

• Like 1

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And the path to civil war continues.

Hope you got your affairs in order people because it ain't gonna be pretty.

I don't think there's going to be a civil war. I think the path is for those who identify as Red Shirts to come up with a viable party and platform absent of Thaksins agenda and influence. I wish them luck.

Spot on. Ideally Thailand needs a third way, something it is not totally unfamiliar with!

Edited by bigbamboo

"Power must belong to the people" says Thaksin. How is this not a case for inciting civil war?

He's basically saying "Even though my dear sister is in charge *cough* *cough*, the Police and Military are useless err... powerless to stop civil disobedience... further more, we just want you red shirts to be the ones to get shot in the head etc etc rather than having the other side pin the blame on the government for ordering 'order' "

Yep, there we have it folks. Thaksin doesn't want to get his government's hands dirty, so he'll send in the mindless lemming to do his bidding (and take the blame) for him.

At least he learned from the previous government.

Though I don't want to say it, but Thais are so .............................. ............................... !!

Well the red shirts go there for 500 Baht and listen to it. But I don't think they go to the shooting for 500 Baht.....That will be just a few expensive professionals

That reminds me, what happened to the black shirts?

"The process of robbing people has begun again," said Thaksin, wearing a red shirt.

THAT is hard to argue against.

August 2011 when the cabinet was installed and policies announced in parliament ?

Isn't it about time this government start listing their achievement in the first nine months of their "Thaksin thinks, Pheu Thai acts" activities ?

How much of the THB 400 billion or so has reached farmers?

2000 tablets and how much of the THB 1.9-2.3 billion has been spent?

THB 350 billion plus additional budget for flood damage repair, flood prevention, what has been done and was has been spent?

BTW some UDD leaders are becoming as annoying as Cato the Elder, with their 'a coup is coming'

Fortunently I don't think it will get that far, as the majority of Thais are fairly apathetic to the hold political issue and have far more important day to day family and work issues to deal with.

are you sure for the thais I know this is a fairly common topic:to the point where reds dont sociaslise with yellows etc I wouldn't call the majority of thais politically apathetic nowadays....I think this is a misjudgement....

Well both....there are still a large number that don't care anything, but an increasing number who does care....

Thaksin really is a nasty piece of work isn't he

Sent from my dog.

Yes he is, one day I hope he gets what he deserve.

Think how much good he could have done with his money.

No worry he has enough, they estimated him once on 10 Billion Euro.

So still enough money to do much good for himself.

"Power must belong to the people" says Thaksin. How is this not a case for inciting civil war?

He's basically saying "Even though my dear sister is in charge *cough* *cough*, the Police and Military are useless err... powerless to stop civil disobedience... further more, we just want you red shirts to be the ones to get shot in the head etc etc rather than having the other side pin the blame on the government for ordering 'order' "

Yep, there we have it folks. Thaksin doesn't want to get his government's hands dirty, so he'll send in the mindless lemming to do his bidding (and take the blame) for him.

At least he learned from the previous government.

Though I don't want to say it, but Thais are so .............................. ............................... !!

As he did once before.sad.png

That reminds me, what happened to the black shirts?

They're going to be back in action soon enough, planting bombs and shooting guns to disperse the anti Thaksin demonstrators.

"Red Shirts Told To Fight 'Attempts To Unseat Govt'" Right, because only the red shirts are allowed to unseat govt?

Just curious, if TS is so passionate about bringing a red army to fight, why is it he doesn't show up to lead the charge? He seems to feel he is invincable, so he should feel brave enough to come to Bangkok and get on the stage live, instead of using that monkey that lost his PM seat to, again, see if he can distroy the city again with his bunch of inciters!! TS, come to town and show us what you got, if you dare!

"Red Shirts Told To Fight 'Attempts To Unseat Govt'" Right, because only the red shirts are allowed to unseat govt?

Just curious, if TS is so passionate about bringing a red army to fight, why is it he doesn't show up to lead the charge? He seems to feel he is invincable, so he should feel brave enough to come to Bangkok and get on the stage live, instead of using that monkey that lost his PM seat to, again, see if he can distroy the city again with his bunch of inciters!! TS, come to town and show us what you got, if you dare!

No matter how much sense it would make, the fact is you're expecting too much from a lower life form. They placed a picture of Abhisit and threw shoes at it in their Red gathering. What's next, more HIV infected blood?

• Like 2

If you'll forgive a newbie interrupting all you seasoned political hacks.... I just read two (alleged) quotes from TS... ""We cannot trust the situation now since they still won't play by the rules."..... Aren't 'rules' actually laws?....and isn't "self-imposed exile" a poor sysonym for being a fugitive from the law. So who the heck is failing to "play by the rules"?? Maybe he should grow a pair and face up to the court's verdict.

Second set of words of wisdom from the Great Leader was..... "I had 86 billion baht worth of assets before I entered politics, but they stole 46 billion from me,"..... How can so many dirt-poor (and basically good) people be duped by a man who has more money than he knows what to do with?

Jeez! I thought the UK was up ~~~~ creek with a government we never voted for, but .................

Yup, bigbamboo was right .....maybe the third way...... If nothing else, LOS would have the best-looking parliamentarians on the planet.......

• Like 2

No matter how much sense it would make, the fact is you're expecting too much from a lower life form. They placed a picture of Abhisit and threw shoes at it in their Red gathering. What's next, more HIV infected blood?

Why not ??

At least you get something to moan about, other than about 15 million "lower life forms........."

Pouring blood and throwing shoes at a picture......The gall of it !!!!

How dare they.

It's obviously far more disrespectful than the unelected government of the day shooting people in the head.

• Like 1

"Today, people know what is what. The process of robbing people has begun again," said Thaksin, wearing a red shirt. Thaksin stressed that power must belong to the people.

Indeed the people have seen through the veil of deceit and false promises of this current maladministration and that is why there have been , and will be more demonstrations against the assorted bills placed before parliament to legalize theft and corruption for Thaksin and his clique.

Just curious, if TS is so passionate about bringing a red army to fight, why is it he doesn't show up to lead the charge?.

You may or may not remember Thaksins urging of the Red Shirts to bring their wives and children to Bangkok to join his sponsored terrorist campaign.

Strangely enough as that clarion call to arms was sent to the masses the Thaksin clan were off to Hong Kong post haste out of reach of any possible trouble.

Thaksin leads from abroad and the back, below is his personal campaign insignia.

white_feather__by_poopsiclelove-d35x1da.jpg

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 1

If you'll forgive a newbie interrupting all you seasoned political hacks.... I just read two (alleged) quotes from TS... ""We cannot trust the situation now since they still won't play by the rules."..... Aren't 'rules' actually laws?....and isn't "self-imposed exile" a poor sysonym for being a fugitive from the law. So who the heck is failing to "play by the rules"?? Maybe he should grow a pair and face up to the court's verdict.

Second set of words of wisdom from the Great Leader was..... "I had 86 billion baht worth of assets before I entered politics, but they stole 46 billion from me,"..... How can so many dirt-poor (and basically good) people be duped by a man who has more money than he knows what to do with?

Jeez! I thought the UK was up ~~~~ creek with a government we never voted for, but .................

Yup, bigbamboo was right .....maybe the third way...... If nothing else, LOS would have the best-looking parliamentarians on the planet.......

Good post, welcome to the board of the bored. coffee1.gif

Why not ??

At least you get something to moan about, other than about 15 million "lower life forms........."

How dare they.

It's obviously far more disrespectful than the unelected government of the day shooting people in the head.

I didn't use plural did I? I meant TS himself was a lower life form.

• Like 1

Why not ??

How dare they.

Obviously distorting the truth by keeping on hammering on 'unelected govrnment' and 'government shooting people in the head' is not deemed unrespectful by some

Some UDD leaders again saying beware of a coup and be ready to fight is like déjà vu, next k. Arisman will start to refer to his previous plan involving a few bottles.

BTW have insurance premiums and small print in contract changed much the last few days?

• Like 1

what an evil man - all I see here is stiring hate

These are sad and bad times for Thailand, I just hope that my speculation is wrong

and for those that think there is a democracy here - well that is simply not the case, the infratructure is not there to support it and is open to abuse which is exactly what is taking place right now, I don't agree with military intervention but I am glad they are there when it all goes wrong - seems pretty obvious that is what is happening right now - it's all going wrong

so how do you fix it - well you install and interim government and let them place rigid structures to support democracy like a constitution and indipendant judicial system then at some point when it's all in place and provides a good solid base you proceed to the polls - oh wait hasn't that already happened and the new government is trying to dismantle it all - it seems the Thais just don't get it and quite a few on here don't get it either

Do you think Obama should be able to rewrite the Amercan constitution because he doesn't like some of it or it's incriminating his brother....ahem

Thais just haven't grasped the concept of democracy and that is the problem - they think if elected they can do whatever they want and that is dangerous and wrong - they must work within a set of rules and this government is trying to rewrite them to suit their own ends and that is just wrong

Thank you for that one!

• Like 1

Fortunently I don't think it will get that far, as the majority of Thais are fairly apathetic to the hold political issue and have far more important day to day family and work issues to deal with.

For the majority it does not make a blind bit of difference who is in Power, the PTP or the Democrats. As someone esle mentions below, what Thailand really needs is someone with some base line ideas on more equality, transapency coupled with a logical, corruption free, young leader. However any young corruption free leader like this would never get far as they would be cast aside by the current political parties due to the risk of their heads being forced away from the trough.

It is extremely difficult to see a way out of this depressing cycle. It would be nice to think that some of the young Thais who have been educated abroad would come back and try and make a difference, but for the most part the only reason they have had the opportunitu to study abroad is due to the fact they are from wealthy families, and despite how much personally they may want to change a system, they are not going to rock the apple cart so to speak for the entire family. I am waffling now...........

I guess they need the Red Eagle

Looks like Takson is still a being a thorn in the flesh for everybody. Another phrase for a thorn in the flesh might be a little prick

Both Abhisit and Thaksin have ultimately let their country down as leaders. One a bit of a pussy. the other a complete.....

Edited by bigbamboo

what an evil man - all I see here is stiring hate

These are sad and bad times for Thailand, I just hope that my speculation is wrong

and for those that think there is a democracy here - well that is simply not the case, the infratructure is not there to support it and is open to abuse which is exactly what is taking place right now, I don't agree with military intervention but I am glad they are there when it all goes wrong - seems pretty obvious that is what is happening right now - it's all going wrong

so how do you fix it - well you install and interim government and let them place rigid structures to support democracy like a constitution and indipendant judicial system then at some point when it's all in place and provides a good solid base you proceed to the polls - oh wait hasn't that already happened and the new government is trying to dismantle it all - it seems the Thais just don't get it and quite a few on here don't get it either

Do you think Obama should be able to rewrite the Amercan constitution because he doesn't like some of it or it's incriminating his brother....ahem

Thais just haven't grasped the concept of democracy and that is the problem - they think if elected they can do whatever they want and that is dangerous and wrong - they must work within a set of rules and this government is trying to rewrite them to suit their own ends and that is just wrong

"I don't agree with military intervention but I am glad they are there when it all goes wrong - seems pretty obvious that is what is happening right now - it's all going wrong"

IOW, you don't agree with military intervention, but coups are still ok...

"... install and interim government and let them place rigid structures to support democracy like a constitution ..."

IOW, the charter changes are wrong, but an interim government in order to create a new constitution is still ok...

" ... Thais just haven't grasped the concept of democracy ..."

IOW, Amazing Thailand Farangs B)

Wonderful that a poster who has been here but a short time is according to his mind an expert on Thai politics.

I recall that particular poster maligning The Nation a short while back for making comments on the French political situation when according to him The Nations reporters and its foreign feeds knew nothing at all and were in his view wannabe experts and had no right to pass comments on the matter.

Now that same poster is in the same light as the publication he criticized.

Thaksin and his family and their cronies are odious self serving despots nothing more nothing less yet these failed political activists from the west who still support that despotic group still can't or even refuse to understand those basic facts.

IOW, Amazing Thailand Farangs cool.png .

The expression, Pot,, kettle , black springs to mind.'.

• Like 1

In response to Gentleman Jim.

Sure, she is the PM and does not have to read every line of every piece of potential legislation prior to debate.

It is the duty of parliament to do that and to then to debate and accept or change such potential legislation, within the framework of the parliamentary rules.

Sadly, that appears to be too difficult for AV and his party who prefer boorish, thuggish and juvenile actions instead of debate and amendment.

No doubt they have their reasons for such tactics but they don't look very mature, responsible or parliamentarian.............

Clear now ?