City Police Chief Moved 'To Keep Hands Clean'

Lite Beer

City police chief moved 'to keep hands clean'

PRAPASRI OSATHANON,

KHANATHIT SRIHIRUNDAJ

THE NATION ON SUNDAY

30183388-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- National police chief Priewpan Damapong's abrupt transfer of Bangkok police boss Pol Lt-General Winai Thongsong to an inactive post at the Royal Thai Police headquarters for 30 days was an attempt to prevent Winai from "getting blood on his hands", Democrat Party spokesman Chavanond Intarakomalyasut claimed yesterday.

He said Winai's failure to disperse a rally by the yellow-shirt People's Alliance for Democracy against the government-backed draft reconciliation bill - which kept MPs from attending the House meeting because protesters blocked entrances to Parliament - might be only part of the reason for the transfer.

He expressed concern that Pol Major-General Kamronwit Thoopkrachang, acting chief of Provincial Police Region 1, was now acting Metropolitan Police chief at a time of turbulence.

He asked whether Friday's transfer aimed to pave the way for the use of force on the protesters by having Kamronwit deal with them, while preventing Winai from "getting blood on his hands", and affecting his future career path.

Chavanond said Winai was married to the niece of Khunying Potjaman na Pombejra, ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's ex-wife.

Kamronwit, who called a meeting yesterday to work out measures to keep order, said he wasn't worried about his 30-day assignment. He would continue Winai's policy of dealing with the demonstrators, which he said worked very well.

In related news, Priewpan yesterday ordered the immediate transfer of city police deputy chief for narcotics suppression, Pol Maj-General Wichai Sangprapai, to an active post at the Royal Thai Police for 30 days.

Wichai said he was treating the transfer order as a chance to rest, insisting he was not discouraged and was ready to perform the assignment

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-06-03

• Like 1

Yeah right.

Isn't this keeping the Shin Clan hands one step removed from the coming street battle for power?

Is someone expecting a repeat of 'Pad vs Police at Parliament Oct 8'....?

Edited by animatic

As usual the the person at the top is going to get someone else to do his dirty work.

Just imagine what the streets will be like when the guy from dubuy returns

It is going to be mayhem at it's best, bloodshed and shooting galore, but that is

just my opinion

whistling.gif All these machinations make me think of the current Thai political situation being somewhat like having a festering infected boil.

You know it may hurt to lance it, and clean it out....but you know it has to be done to be rid of it.

In my personal opinion only....maybe it's time Thailnd lanced the festering boil and cleaned it out....to get back to healing and getting well.

Even if that might be painful.

whistling.gif

The streets will fill with blood in bangkok when thaksin comes to retrive his 49 billion, does this mean no reconcilation, or is that still on the table....Why cant we all just try to get along.

So the Deomcrat spokesman says this and it is all 100% truerolleyes.gif

Mr. T is only being truthful when his mouth is not moving. Not couting the last phone call where he couldn't get his link to work properly. May this was just a ploy so Democrats would think he was not lying as his mouth was not moving.

I thought being transferred to an inactive post was as serious a punishment as senior officers are ever sentenced to, especially when they "connections". And his connection is as good as you get currently.

So what's the naughty boy been up to? Surely it's not just failure to crack enough yellow skulls? Didn't anybody ask him?

I thought being transferred to an inactive post was as serious a punishment as senior officers are ever sentenced to, especially when they "connections". And his connection is as good as you get currently.

So what's the naughty boy been up to? Surely it's not just failure to crack enough yellow skulls? Didn't anybody ask him?

Inactive Post is serious because you are cut off from the money. But I have seen more serious punishments: Getting transferred to Yala, Naratiwat etc etc..

in our street lives a policemen....3 Mercedes and a house like a palace....

Inactive Post is serious because you are cut off from the money. But I have seen more serious punishments: Getting transferred to Yala, Naratiwat etc etc..

I'm guessing senior NCO then as he's obviously not spending too much on promotions.

The streets will fill with blood in bangkok when thaksin comes to retrive his 49 billion, does this mean no reconcilation, or is that still on the table....Why cant we all just try to get along.

A little dramatic

He works hard for the communty putting in a lot of overtime.

Just guessing, he ain't headed south too soon huh?

Rule #1. NEVER EVER marry a polititon, policeman, or military brass's relatives if you want to work your way up the ladder anywhere you work. YOU WILL BE the victim of they're relatives actions, trust me. I've been here (off and on) since 1973 and it stinks more and more everyday. We only stay here to take care of my wifes parents and nothing more. The corruption, greed, and pure selfishness has made life in this country a living hell and if TS is ever allowed back into Thailand there will be bloodshed on the streets for sure. We keep emergency luggage packed at all times just in case because we don't want to be in Hellkok if he ever returns. Parliment is a joke and they know it. So are the police with they're checkpoint accross the street from my village extorting money from Mahidol University students, taxi and truck drivers, and farangs...sucks man. Welcome to Hellkok wai.gifbah.gif Karma will get them someday, no matter how much money they give the temple

• Like 1

Rule #1. NEVER EVER marry a polititon, policeman, or military brass's relatives if you want to work your way up the ladder anywhere you work. YOU WILL BE the victim of they're relatives actions, trust me. I've been here (off and on) since 1973 and it stinks more and more everyday. We only stay here to take care of my wifes parents and nothing more. The corruption, greed, and pure selfishness has made life in this country a living hell and if TS is ever allowed back into Thailand there will be bloodshed on the streets for sure. We keep emergency luggage packed at all times just in case because we don't want to be in Hellkok if he ever returns. Parliment is a joke and they know it. So are the police with they're checkpoint accross the street from my village extorting money from Mahidol University students, taxi and truck drivers, and farangs...sucks man. Welcome to Hellkok wai.gifbah.gif Karma will get them someday, no matter how much money they give the temple

Living hell? Emergency luggage? Hellkok? Give me a break.

Quote : In related news, Priewpan yesterday ordered the immediate transfer of city police deputy chief for narcotics suppression, Pol Maj-General Wichai Sangprapai, to an active post at the Royal Thai Police for 30 days. Unquote

An active post? Are there any - apart from collecting from road users and places of 'entertainment'?

I've never heard or seen the phrase 'gardening leave' used inThailand. Would the equivalent be 'golfing holiday'?

Edited by Bagwan

Three cups, one ball.

Sorry Thad quickly scrolling past your post read it as " 2 Girls 1 Cup "

A "<deleted>?" moment followed by a hasty scroll back. laugh.png

Sorry mate, I really should learn how to waffle more, spin stuff out, use 100 words when ten would do, make every post an essay that slowly flows like an unstoppable glacier over everything in its path.

After all, the more you say, the more credible it is..... init.

• Like 2