Shocker ! My Thai Wife Is Good...Judge For Yourselves :)

chonabot

Thanks everyone - usually I would not post this here as there are too many piss takers on TV these days but I was happy to read some nice responses.

TP - yes life is good for us so far - anytime you are in this neck of the woods please let me know !

I will admit, I was taking the piss a bit in my previous reply. I apologize. Sounds like you have a great wife. Cheers,

WS.

Edit: FYI, the PM was not piss taking.

No worries - I will get the details for you smile.png

The funniest thing I saw for ages was a few days ago when my wife was telling her Mother and sister about visiting the poor chap.

They could not get their heads around it whatsoever... biggrin.png

The American guy's attitude has changed and he saw my wife as either stupid or weak or both.

She is a very strong personality - and in my opinion the only good person from her original family.

His loss really - she was also prepared to find him some accomodation and her kindness was wasted.

Another funny titbit here - I was talking to him on the first day and my wife was talking to the Nurses - they commented ' hmmm that man talking to him looks starnge - probably an alcoholic as well...' They were redfaced when my wife explained I was her husband and a Teacher at the School down the road,,,lol

So being Thai married and working as a teacher is a garantee for not having drinking problems ??whistling.gif

chonabot,

Not to detract from the primary topic, I would like to first offer my sincere Thanks to your wife and the charity for their compassion.

Regarding the request, just a name should suffice to verify his claims, I should not need any further info in most cases. Better to reply via my PM I sent than to post names here.

chonabot" The problem was the fact that there was no-one with a decent command of English in the Hospital and Police, they needed to know who he was and why he was there."

While I cannot speak for the following organization, as I am not an official member:

[http://www.46thsfca.org/content/files/46thJanuary2012newsletter.pdf]

However; I do know that they provide very good charity to US Vet's along with Thai citizens. And I am fairly certain they would remind the gentleman of what being a 'Quit Professional" is all about if he has been acting untoward or unruly to those who have been trying to help help him.

WS

Another funny titbit here - I was talking to him on the first day and my wife was talking to the Nurses - they commented ' hmmm that man talking to him looks starnge - probably an alcoholic as well...' They were redfaced when my wife explained I was her husband and a Teacher at the School down the road,,,lol

My main concern would be that health care staff (who must see loads of examples) considered I looked strange and was most probably an alcoholic. biggrin.png

My main concern would be that health care staff (who must see loads of examples) considered I looked strange and was most probably an alcoholic. biggrin.png

Wow you visited him too?laugh.png

• Like 1

Wow you visited him too?laugh.png

lol

I cleaned up a few posts and removed a troublesome poster. I realize that people sometimes need to vent and that's one thing, but if you just want to be miserable and crap all over other members, and their threads, you will find yourself unwelcome here in a hurry.

• Like 1

"This guy was on his last legs and as soon as his health came back he showed the true colours of a wanke_r abroad."

Chonabot,

I am sorry to hear he did a runner, these types of bad apples can give Xpats a bad name. Perhaps, we can list the name of the Shelter Org that your wive volunteers / works with. I would be more than happy to make a modest donation. This way, maybe we can get something positive out of these events, and the threadsmile.png

Cheers,

WS

• Like 1

I liked the threat chonabot and I think your wife sounds like an angel, and I agree that you are a very lucky man (especially considering your problems with alcohol tongue.png ).

In the last few days she has brought him a few snacks and drinks, and I smiled as she told me she thought it would be nice for him.

So today when she went off to berate the nurses for not polishing his medals frequently enough he asked me this - ' Have her bring me some water tomorrow - but not that cheap stuff '

He's obviously a tool, but I was intrigued by the fellow who described him as "the victim of all this charity". I think the whole world could use some of your wife's 'victimisation' obviously, but it is an interesting point made by soi41 which was (at least the way I understood it) that the old codger didn't actually believe he needed help or at least, he hadn't solicited any.

He's still a tool obviously as his life sounds like it's gone to custard, but perhaps he has spent time in the Philippines or something. You don't want to give the impression you appreciate charity there; it doesn't matter how tender & kind & charitable they might seem.

In fact, his response was very close to correct in some parts of the world. They're 96% Catholic or something in the Philippines, of course. No 'good' deed goes unpunished (for the victim of their 'charity').

• Like 1

chonabot,

Not to detract from the primary topic, I would like to first offer my sincere Thanks to your wife and the charity for their compassion.

Regarding the request, just a name should suffice to verify his claims, I should not need any further info in most cases. Better to reply via my PM I sent than to post names here.

chonabot" The problem was the fact that there was no-one with a decent command of English in the Hospital and Police, they needed to know who he was and why he was there."

While I cannot speak for the following organization, as I am not an official member:

[http://www.46thsfca....2newsletter.pdf]

However; I do know that they provide very good charity to US Vet's along with Thai citizens. And I am fairly certain they would remind the gentleman of what being a 'Quit Professional" is all about if he has been acting untoward or unruly to those who have been trying to help help him.

WS

Just pm'd you some info :)

I liked the threat chonabot and I think your wife sounds like an angel, and I agree that you are a very lucky man (especially considering your problems with alcohol tongue.png ).

In the last few days she has brought him a few snacks and drinks, and I smiled as she told me she thought it would be nice for him.

So today when she went off to berate the nurses for not polishing his medals frequently enough he asked me this - ' Have her bring me some water tomorrow - but not that cheap stuff '

He's obviously a tool, but I was intrigued by the fellow who described him as "the victim of all this charity". I think the whole world could use some of your wife's 'victimisation' obviously, but it is an interesting point made by soi41 which was (at least the way I understood it) that the old codger didn't actually believe he needed help or at least, he hadn't solicited any.

He's still a tool obviously as his life sounds like it's gone to custard, but perhaps he has spent time in the Philippines or something. You don't want to give the impression you appreciate charity there; it doesn't matter how tender & kind & charitable they might seem.

In fact, his response was very close to correct in some parts of the world. They're 96% Catholic or something in the Philippines, of course. No 'good' deed goes unpunished (for the victim of their 'charity').

Nice points - maybe that was what Soi41 meant to say but did not have the grasp of words that you posess :)

Still cannot figure out if this was in the UK or Thailand.

why would the staff need help translating English if it were in the UK?

My father had to go to Kidderminster hospital in the UK for a check on his cataracts recently not only could he not understand the lady doctor attending to him he could'nt hear her properly because her voice was muffled by her burkha, so it can happen anywhere.

Thanks for the info chonabot,

FYI, if anyone else is interested, this is the phone for the Charity sent by chonabot - # 043 812456.

Please let us know when you find out if the Charity or the Hospital had to foot his bill, hopefully there will be a way for them to recoup the money.

wannascuba

edit; typos

Edited by wannascuba

Nice story Chonabot, thanks very much. My turn to share!

What made me really fall for my darling wife of 9 years (and 2 children) was to see her give some money to beggars as we walked along the street during our early dating days.She did not have much to give either, so it made a big positive impact on me.

A charitable and kind heart cannot be beaten.