Oops! Yingluck, Suu Kyi, World Economic Forum Et Al: Opinion

webfact

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just to be fair, Abhisit is part of the Oxford Alumni, so we know he's got true credentials. It baffles me as to why KSU didn't include her in their Alumni. You'd think it worth a mention no? Or could it be.... nah, nevermind.. silly of me to think that she didn't graduate from KSU.

Or maybe they have asked not to be listed....I sure under US law right to privacy would be applicable, if you asked a University not to put you on a public list I am sure they would comply...certainly in their case due to possible "donations" to the school..

I have suggested the above not because I am a fan of PM and brother #1 but to illustate there are always two possible sides to the story...before the conspiracy theorist get hold of this...

Hmmm, I hadn't thought of that. Yeah maybe Yingluck asked them to remove all mention of her because she might not want it known she went to a "black" college. Also she might not want them perusing the website to the Asian Student Affairs page where they highlight the curriculum for Asian students is "exposure to American university curriculum".

She does not sound like she is speaking Ebonics, but I could be wrong?

The thing that confuses me, one assumes the whole family was quite rich when in came time for young Yingluck to do her higher education and cant understand why they never put her in Harvard or somewhere similar...lets face it make enough dontations and you will get a degree from just about any university.

Now one could understand brother #1 not going to an ivy league school, but little sister ?....tis rather confusing..as they had plenty of dosh to throw around

and before someone states she is too stupid to get into Harvard...lets not forget Bush got a degree from Harvard and he is not exactly a Rhodes scholar either...whistling.gif

Dies anybody have any links to show that she didn't graduate from KSU? Or that she bought her degree?

I don't think anyone is suggesting she doesn't have a degree from KSU, whatever that's worth. At least it's better than a degree from LeMoyne-Owen College but probably not as good as a degree from Tougaloo College.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/hbcu/spp+25

The thing that confuses me, one assumes the whole family was quite rich when in came time for young Yingluck to do her higher education and cant understand why they never put her in Harvard or somewhere similar...lets face it make enough dontations and you will get a degree from just about any university.

Now one could understand brother #1 not going to an ivy league school, but little sister ?....tis rather confusing..as they had plenty of dosh to throw around

and before someone states she is too stupid to get into Harvard...lets not forget Bush got a degree from Harvard and he is not exactly a Rhodes scholar either...whistling.gif

Interestingly Rhodes Scholar/scholarships are not based on intelligence, even Bill Clinton was awarded one by sucking up to a politician, and he never got a degree until he became president and was given one because of that, in fact he was bounced from Oxford under a cloud of rape allegations, no surprise there.

Interestingly Rhodes Scholar/scholarships are not based on intelligence, even Bill Clinton was awarded one by sucking up to a politician, and he never got a degree until he became president and was given one because of that, in fact he was bounced from Oxford under a cloud of rape allegations, no surprise there.

Generally speaking my friend, someone having higher education does not infer somebody is intelligent by any stretch of the imagination....the Rhodes scholar thing is a turn of phrase were I come from...not meant to be taken too literally

some posters have said her Thai is also bad.

Yeah but I don't think she has call to use " Nueng Chang" or I like maak maak" on a regular basis biggrin.png

Not heard her say....."Halllloooo...Hansome man come in" yet either...

Yeah but I don't think she has call to use " Nueng Chang" or I like maak maak" on a regular basis biggrin.png

When you look at the current cabinet she'd have no reason to. My God it's like the ones who failed the casting call for "Fraggle Rock"

Edited by mca
  • Like 1

When you look at the current cabinet she'd have no reason to. My God it's like the ones who failed the casting call for "Fraggle Rock"

Yes. It's as if every sin, every transgression, every morally reprehensible act is carved into their visage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:The_Picture_of_Dorian_Gray-_Ivan_Albright.jpg

• Like 1

Whats the whole issue with the prime minister's lack of English skills?

There are many leaders who do not speak English as well as the Thai Prime Minister- As far as I am aware Yingluck's English is far better than people like Angela Merkl's, Sarkozy's, Medvedev or Putin's, Bush and Brown and I am sure some of the other Asian leaders.

It's not only the English skills but she simply has no clue what she is talking about, and it just sounds cheap. Sorry for that. You have to admit that this is not the PM people are proud of when she is representing Thailand in the World.

(Have you seen her interview on Australian TV last week...?. There you can clearly see that you cannot buy your way into everythng in live)

Just to be fair, Abhisit is part of the Oxford Alumni, so we know he's got true credentials. It baffles me as to why KSU didn't include her in their Alumni. You'd think it worth a mention no? Or could it be.... nah, nevermind.. silly of me to think that she didn't graduate from KSU.

Or maybe they have asked not to be listed....I sure under US law right to privacy would be applicable, if you asked a University not to put you on a public list I am sure they would comply...certainly in their case due to possible "donations" to the school..

I have suggested the above not because I am a fan of PM and brother #1 but to illustate there are always two possible sides to the story...before the conspiracy theorist get hold of this...

Then you'd have to question why would anyone opt for that, knowing that it would sure make the University really proud. Also KSU is 99% African-American, not that there's anything wrong with that but it would seem highly unlikely that it would be her first choice, It's nothing racist or I didn't intend it to be so don't misinterpret my message.

kinda racist tbh, unless you can explain why it would be highly unlikely to be her first choice without it having to do with race.

It really makes me laugh the way people pussy foot around the issue of racism. You are not being a racist by suggesting that others are guilty of racist sentiments.

Traditionally Thais look down upon those with dark skin and view African's in a very negative light. There is much racist sentiment in this country. Therefore to some it would seem strange that Yingluck would decide to study at a 99% African-American Uni...

Of course Yingluck may well have no racist tendencies whatsoever, and some would see the fact that she studied at a Uni with such high numbers of African-Americans as prove of this...

Guess it all depends what point you are trying to make... thumbsup.gif

But surely this institution would advertise that they educated a Prime Minister even if they didnt name her.

how would that work?

"we educated a prime minister"

"oh yeah, who?"

"can't say"

Maybe something like, Kentucky State University, educating world leaders

And then he sent his son to Ramkhamhaeng. No Western University for him, of any level or status. Why was that? Some premonition of future cheating?

Funny, all the girls around here say "Welcome....."

You have the polite ones then...thumbsup.gif

What? not 'thank you sir may i have another'?

Yingluck Shinawatra earned bachelor's degree from Chiang Mai University and master's degree from Kentucky State University, both in public administration.

wiki says she earned a masster's degree from KFC, I mean KSU. Not listed on the KSU Notable Alumni site? But maybe recently added to the wiki KSU site?

Born in Chiang Mai province, Yingluck Shinawatra earned bachelor's degree from Chiang Mai University and master's degree from Kentucky State University, both in public administration.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yingluck_Shinawatra

Notable Alumni

http://www.kysu.edu/about/divisions/externalrelations/alumnirelations/notablealumni/

Kentucky State University Notable alumni

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kentucky_State_University

It really makes me laugh the way people pussy foot around the issue of racism. You are not being a racist by suggesting that others are guilty of racist sentiments.

Traditionally Thais look down upon those with dark skin and view African's in a very negative light. There is much racist sentiment in this country. Therefore to some it would seem strange that Yingluck would decide to study at a 99% African-American Uni...

Of course Yingluck may well have no racist tendencies whatsoever, and some would see the fact that she studied at a Uni with such high numbers of African-Americans as prove of this...

Guess it all depends what point you are trying to make... thumbsup.gif

i was only yanking his chain.. i knew what he meant.