Trs Pool Salt - Pattaya Jomtien - What Is It ? - Where To Buy It ?

BoatWorx

I am looking to buy TRS salt for my pool - I live near Jomtien / Pattaya.

I was told this salt has an active ingredient making it a sought after additive other than other salts - can anyone elaborate bout this please. ? - I am curious to know how one sdalt is any different than another (?)

If anyone knows a pool supplier that carries this in the Jomtien / Pattaya area please jump into this conversation with some info.

Many thanks to you guys for any info you may have.

I was told this salt has an active ingredient making it a sought after additive other than other salts - can anyone elaborate bout this please. ? - I am curious to know how one sdalt is any different than another (?)

salt for pool chlorination should be refined salt and not what is called "industrial salt". any salt you buy here should be OK for your pool. there's no such think like an active ingredient in "TSR salt". TSR stands for the company that produces and markets salt, namely "Thai Refined Salt, Company Ltd."

"Salt for pool chlorination should be refined salt and not what is called "industrial salt"."

TRS itself seems to advertise on its website that it sells "industrial refined salt", so I don't think that your distinctions hold any water Naam (sorry for the pool pun!).

You may be right though that it does not in fact contain any magic ingredients - the packaging of TRS Pool Salt does not make any claim that here is an added ingredient and the website English language version is far too basic to give any useful information. I recall however that a pool supplier I've used in Issaan did mention that there is supposed to be an ingredient in it that makes it more suitable for pool use than low grade industrial salt but he also said that his enquiries of the company as to what it is had been fruitless. Perhaps its just given an extra grind or two beyond bulk industrial salt (the sort of stuff they put on the roads in Northern Europe) and a few grinds less than the stuff you put on the table. Supposedly bulk industrial salt will leave a deposit on your chlorinator which might make it function less effectively or malfunction earlier, but who knows? Like many other things to do with pools - 90% of it seems to be bull$hit designed to screw more money from the punter, who assumedly has more money than sense.

I think the OP might find TRS pool salt in the supply shop on Thepprasit Road in Pattaya (south side of the road - about half a click from the Jomtien end). I'm not 100% on that but I think I saw it there a year ago. If you have mates who use it then you might be able to organise a delivery from the company.

Edited by SantiSuk

salt for pool chlorination should be refined salt and not what is called "industrial salt". any salt you buy here should be OK for your pool. there's no such think like an active ingredient in "TSR salt". TSR stands for the company that produces and markets salt, namely "Thai Refined Salt, Company Ltd."

TRS salt is solution mined from a wellfield near Phimai. The brine passes through a vacuum distillation process to produce very pure salt. The technology is mostly German although the ownership of the company is Thai/Japanese/Belgian. Current annual production is around 1.5 million tonnes.

Salt from the solar evaporation of seawater in places like Samut Sakhon is not of the same purity.

The salt from TRS labeled pool salt (blue bags) contains cyanuric acid.

This ingredient (also called stabilizer) slows the breakdown of the chlorine generated by your chlorinator.

You can just as well use the regular orange bags and add stabilizer to your pool yourself!

The orange bags you can get from a shack on 36 highway, when going towards sukhumvit coming from the Regents school, you will pass a 7/11 at a junction, about 200 meters more on your left, just before a big hardware store.

120 baht/ 25kg bag

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Thaivisa Connect App