Manchester United

redrus

If they dont get 3 points tonight ,apart from decent cup runs, top 4 is a step too far.Even Everton are closing in.

Never wanted Mourinho, would have preferred Koeman or Blanc,said that before, but seems we are going to have Mourinho around for a while.

Criticising young players publically  like Shaw and especially Martial is not helping and yes he is being treated differently and previous incidents shouldnt be so accountable but we all know they are same as players who play act.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sparkles said:

If they dont get 3 points tonight ,apart from decent cup runs, top 4 is a step too far.Even Everton are closing in.

Never wanted Mourinho, would have preferred Koeman or Blanc,said that before, but seems we are going to have Mourinho around for a while.

Criticising young players publically  like Shaw and especially Martial is not helping and yes he is being treated differently and previous incidents shouldnt be so accountable but we all know they are same as players who play act.

Agree with all that except the top four comment.  Theres a lot of games left, Liverpool and Arsenal looking very exposed.  Still all to play for regardless of tonights result.  What would help is if Mourinho stopped behaving like such a prick.

Question;  Is it time to drop Zlatan?  

7 hours ago, carmine said:

Agree with all that except the top four comment.  Theres a lot of games left, Liverpool and Arsenal looking very exposed.  Still all to play for regardless of tonights result.  What would help is if Mourinho stopped behaving like such a prick.

Good shout Carmine, even though Zlatan gets us goals he slows the play down, I would like to see him try Martial Rashford and Mhiki up front.

We really need to win tonight and take the opportunity of closing the gap. If we do we will be 1 point of Liverpool and 2 points of Arsenal and Liverpool have Spurs next we are in with a chance of getting out of sixth spot which we have been stuck in for months.

• Like 1

Wenger is available on a free transfer come May and has long since gone through the menopause :)

Re Champions league; Do Europa league winners qualify too & how about the runners up if the EL winner also qualifies for next seasons CL via their home league?

Edited by evadgib

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

Wenger is available on a free transfer come May and has long since gone through the menopause :)

Re Champions league; Do Europa league winners qualify too & how about the runners up if the EL winner also qualifies for next seasons CL via their home league?

Yes Europa league winners qualify for the champions league runners up no, and we still have 4 places via the league.

2 hours ago, nev said:

Good shout Carmine, even though Zlatan gets us goals he slows the play down, I would like to see him try Martial Rashford and Mhiki up front.

We really need to win tonight and take the opportunity of closing the gap. If we do we will be 1 point of Liverpool and 2 points of Arsenal and Liverpool have Spurs next we are in with a chance of getting out of sixth spot which we have been stuck in for months.

Yes that was my point.  United have real pace and quality with those lads and as good as he is at his age Zlatan is slowing you down and you are not playing to your potential strengths.  That front three could be electric.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 10:26 AM, carmine said:

How could you drop Zlatan with his goal return  ?  take his goals out we would be mid table at best.

Sure he slows up play but he very cleverley brings the speedier players into play. I think at this stage he is a bonus ,has a very good influence on the younger players, on and off the pitch,just a shame he didnt come  a couple of years ago.

Marcus Rashford will probably at some stage replace him but he's still learning, tends not to compose himself sometimes when an oportunity arrives, that's always a problem with young players.

Maybe leave the verdict until the end of the season.Mourinho is making noises he wil be around next seson but I never believe what Mourinho says,the DT of world football:smile:

17 hours ago, Sparkles said:

How could you drop Zlatan with his goal return  ?  take his goals out we would be mid table at best.

Sure he slows up play but he very cleverley brings the speedier players into play. I think at this stage he is a bonus ,has a very good influence on the younger players, on and off the pitch,just a shame he didnt come  a couple of years ago.

Marcus Rashford will probably at some stage replace him but he's still learning, tends not to compose himself sometimes when an oportunity arrives, that's always a problem with young players.

Maybe leave the verdict until the end of the season.Mourinho is making noises he wil be around next seson but I never believe what Mourinho says,the DT of world football:smile:

Zlatan had another off day, he never gets hauled off, when we was 2-0 up he should of come off and Rashford come on, I want to see a front 3 of Martial Rashford and Mhiki.

Don't get me wrong on Zlatan his contribution and goals are invaluable, but when he is having a off day why not try another player up top, who knows Zlatan gets injured we will have to try and cope without him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smokie36 said:

You'll be screwing up again soon chaps so don't get too excited. :biggrin:

Still in all competitions Smokes and if you saw the game we should or could of scored 10!

One day somebody is going to get a right tanking from us.......and all the while getting closer to the top and you lot. :smile:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MrRed said:

Still in all competitions Smokes and if you saw the game we should or could of scored 10!

One day somebody is going to get a right tanking from us.......and all the while getting closer to the top and you lot. :smile:

Snakes and ladders for Mourinho this season is all I'm saying.

4 hours ago, smokie36 said:

Snakes and ladders for Mourinho this season is all I'm saying.

We had our worst start in 27 years, and now we have clawed our way back into contention for a top 4 finish, 16 unbeaten in the league now, if we had turned a few of those draws into wins in games we dominated we would be higher in the table 

The football we are playing now is top notch and I am enjoying watching us again after few years playing not the united way.

Even if we don't finish top four I will be happy we are on the right track again.

• Like 2

On 12 กุมภาพันธ์ 2560 at 5:58 PM, nev said:

16 unbeaten in the league now, if we had turned a few of those draws into wins in games we dominated we would be higher in the table

using the word....IF....for your draws, were wins, we would be further up the table, get real cobber

the fact is , they are draws ,you had 90 mins to get a win,stop going for breaks and trying to convince yourself thatM/U for all the dough spent ,at this point of time are doing it good,   E/S feels they should be firmly entrenched in the top four right now,with the amount of loot spent since the old tyrant retired,and the  present squad is piss poor,and a C/L place is not on for me,which will be,C/SEA ,TOTS, M/CITY AND ARSENAL, in any order,stick that in your pipe and smoke it

Edited by evenstevens
  • Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:53 AM, nev said:

Zlatan had another off day, he never gets hauled off, when we was 2-0 up he should of come off and Rashford come on, I want to see a front 3 of Martial Rashford and Mhiki.

Don't get me wrong on Zlatan his contribution and goals are invaluable, but when he is having a off day why not try another player up top, who knows Zlatan gets injured we will have to try and cope without him.

Zlatan did have an off day with atttempts on goal.HOWEVER he supplied a sublime pass to get Martial his goal.

For me an assist is worth 2/3rds of  a goal and in this case, while Martial was possibly having his best game of the season (MOM with many pundits) there is nothing like a goal to boost confidence and he got that courtesy of Zlatan.

Something else to consider Zlatan is obviously a leader. While Smalling has the arm band on it was Zlatan going back for their corners organising and talking and using with Fellaini their height to clear balls in the last 10 minutes. A 2-0 lead is never secure.

The three musketeers Martial,Mata and Mikitaryan are forming a solid partenrship. My pessimism over the last 2 weeks  has evaporated if they can keep playing this brand of football but you dont need helter skeleter speed all  over the pitch you need a blend. and experience

Now Zlatan has a total of 20 goals for the season ,he could well reach 30 which would be magnificent ,the next highest is Mata with 9 ,thats all games.

Expect Zlatan to play in the Europa games but Blackburn on the weekend will be an opportunity for others. Winning the Europa maybe the best way of getting CL,

A folorn sight was Rooney and Carrick on bench. They are now bit players and most likley will be playing in the US next year.

They have been magnificent for the club and who would blame them.

In the summer we will probably see Darmien,Young,Bastien, ,Rooney and Carrick leave but the basis of a really good squad is there.

Maybe 2 marquee signings and more game for the likes of Fosu Mensa and most certainly Shaw 

• Like 1

What does my opinion have to do with history and fact? Nothing. And don't you feel a little embarrassed using PR terms like "the united way" and "the theatre of dreams", you should.

It is highly unlikely that I will see City match ManU's trophies in my time but that's not to say it couldn't happen in the future and you guys should know that having caught up Liverpool's trophies in your time - there's no devine right to be successful you know.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 8:36 PM, carmine said:

Yes that was my point.  United have real pace and quality with those lads and as good as he is at his age Zlatan is slowing you down and you are not playing to your potential strengths.  That front three could be electric.

:smile: You are right Zlatan is slowing down, almost a geriactric, but when you get a hat trick against Saint- Etienne and no other United player scores I would suggest  they are playing to their potential strength.In fact Zlatan is the glue that holds this team together...pity you can't see it.

8 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Sparkles, are you a mancunian?

We've been down this road before I believe.

Born Bedford Hospital on the 23rd July 1942 at 9.30 pm during an air raid.I think the Luftwaffe had heard of my impending arrival and football pedigree.

So I guess that makes me a Bedfordian.

Migrated to Australia on the SS Orontes with my parents in May 1952.

Became a faithfull United supporte,r through good times and bad, after their visit to Australia and after having the honour of meeting with them.I still have the United club tie they gave me .

Knowing your admiration for the history of Man U achievment I hope that answers all.

18 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Ok now I remember, you're not a mancunian so maybe you can't appreciate the animosity (better word than hate I'm sure you'll agree) between Blues and Reds.

Don't listen to this plastic from stockport

• Like 2