Manchester United

redrus

Hear Hear, Funny how all the tabloids ,pre match, were predicting Scholes departure in the near future and then he hits a screamer. What do you reckon another year ??? Carrick in his short time at centre back looked almost Beckanbauerish. With Gibson firing and Anderson showing a lot of energy he may have found a new home, with up to 8 backs injured. Finally For all pundits predicting a Chelsea title this year a timely reminder this competion is a marathon not a sprint.

No disrespect Mr S but i reckon i'd look Beckenbauerish against West Ham's first choice attack let alone their second or argubly their third.

Hear Hear, Funny how all the tabloids ,pre match, were predicting Scholes departure in the near future and then he hits a screamer. What do you reckon another year ??? Carrick in his short time at centre back looked almost Beckanbauerish. With Gibson firing and Anderson showing a lot of energy he may have found a new home, with up to 8 backs injured. Finally For all pundits predicting a Chelsea title this year a timely reminder this competion is a marathon not a sprint.

No disrespect Mr S but i reckon i'd look Beckenbauerish against West Ham's first choice attack let alone their second or argubly their third.

Yes they were a bit ordinary. Zola must be extremely frustrated but plenty of games left to get it together .

Carrick will get another chance to be "Franz like".Its looks like he and Fletcher will probably be the centre pairing against Wolfsburg as Vidic has stayed home with the flu. Maybe De laet at right back and Evra left. Thats 8 defenders on the sick/injured list. Rooney could always fill in i guess. Lucky for United that this game is not critical.They are taking about 4 young anoymous reserve players ,hope they have passports

Yes they were a bit ordinary. Zola must be extremely frustrated but plenty of games left to get it together .

Carrick will get another chance to be "Franz like".Its looks like he and Fletcher will probably be the centre pairing against Wolfsburg as Vidic has stayed home with the flu. Maybe De laet at right back and Evra left. Thats 8 defenders on the sick/injured list. Rooney could always fill in i guess. Lucky for United that this game is not critical.They are taking about 4 young anoymous reserve players ,hope they have passports

Bit of an update................. the game against Wolfsburg is becoming quite bizarre. Rooney , Berbatov ,Giggs Macheda also didnt make the plane .They are at home obviously with the Villa game next wekend in mind.

HOWEVER Oliver Gill (son of CEO David Gill) Cameron Stewart , Matty James, Magnus Elkrem and Oliver Northwood are. Hardy hosehold names but good young talent ,but for Champions League ???? Poor young De Laet he didnt make it either due to some obscure FIFA ruling on his eligibility

Hope the airline staff have plenty of colouring- in books on board for the boys.

Excuse my French but Zola's the <deleted> problem, trust me...

Does anyone want to stick their neck out and try and name the starting eleven for tonight's game against Wolfsburg ?

I'll try, Kuszczak, Fletcher, Cory Evans, Carrick, Evra, Valencia, Gibson, Scholes, Obertan, Welbeck & Owen.

Subs, Foster, Oliver Gill, Anderson, Park, Nani and Redrus. :D

..and I'll settle for a 2 - 2 draw. :)

Does anyone want to stick their neck out and try and name the starting eleven for tonight's game against Wolfsburg ?

I'll try, Kuszczak, Fletcher, Cory Evans, Carrick, Evra, Valencia, Gibson, Scholes, Obertan, Welbeck & Owen.

Nani is M.I.A did he even travel? I will stick my neck out and say he is part of a deal with Valencia come Jan. (wishful thinking).

Couldnt argue with that selection. I think Fergie is already preparing for a loss by saying finishing first or second this season is not that important and he is probably right. The worrying news coming out of OT is that Rooney has a hamstring problem ,Berbatov knee and both in some doubt for the weekend. O Shea and Evans out until the New Year.

Excuse my French but Zola's the <deleted> problem, trust me...

You may well be right but by "frustrated" Im mean does he have money to spend on new players ? or will he be forced to sell before he can buy ? The lack of transparency within many clubs can't help. Look at Portsmouth they are not sure they will even be paid week to week. Grant is on a hiding to nothing there. Zola and Steve Clark were perceived to be a dream team of management but it seems to have gone horribly wrong and surely the players must take some responsibilty

You are never gonna believe this, but.................. :D

redrus

Bit grim when you drag your self out of bed at 2.30 am to watch your side not having a clue what games are being covered on local TV and finish up only getting text updates from Sky and BBC on the computer. Thanks True,however a half time score of 1-0 to United (Owen) makes it worthwhile. Provider for the header the much maligned Nani,see what a few weeks standing in the corner does for you ! Are we going to get games on True when the knockout stage kicks off , anybody know ?

You are never gonna believe this, but.................. :D

redrus

I have dreams like that but I get to make the run on side playing inside right my old position, alongside bobby and george

Don't think anyone would have predicted a 3-1 scoreline to United , a Michael Owen hat trick (were you watching Mr Capello) and another fabulous 20 m cameo by Obertan whose is shaping as the signing of the season. For what he cost United got a bargain. Its no wonder Fergsuon is apparently reluctant to spend zillions on so called super stars when kids like this are out there.

anyone have a link to Owen's second goal? Apparently Obertan made a few defenders look foolish in the build up.

There's a short link here with German voice over :-

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/video-mic...ions-wolfsburg/

Lovely movement from Obertan and once again great positional play by Owen.

In the first half Wolfsburg missed a couple of headed chances and were unlucky not to get a penalty, United could have been 3 - 1 down at the break ! Give our lads their dues though, they always looked dangerous on the break.

The true test of the makeshift backline will be against Aston Villa this weekend, let's see what "Fergie" comes up with as we are certainly lacking a commanding centre-back or 2 !

PS. Nice to see we'll be playing the old enemy Leeds in the F.A. Cup 3rd round

anyone have a link to Owen's second goal? Apparently Obertan made a few defenders look foolish in the build up.

There's a short link here with German voice over :-

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/video-mic...ions-wolfsburg/

Lovely movement from Obertan and once again great positional play by Owen.

In the first half Wolfsburg missed a couple of headed chances and were unlucky not to get a penalty, United could have been 3 - 1 down at the break ! Give our lads their dues though, they always looked dangerous on the break.

The true test of the makeshift backline will be against Aston Villa this weekend, let's see what "Fergie" comes up with as we are certainly lacking a commanding centre-back or 2 !

PS. Nice to see we'll be playing the old enemy Leeds in the F.A. Cup 3rd round

Thanks Ken for the link.

Agree about this weekend, if we can get through it unscathed our next few fixtures on paper seem manageable.

Nemanja should be back for Villa....

Newspapers/TV in England this morning claim a bid for Sol Campbell is iminent....! :D

redrus

This sounds like a "Mirror" journalist has realised that as Campbell doesn't have a club and United don't have any fit central defenders, then come up with his own theory.

You might as well add Micah Richards, Patrick Viera & Mikel Silvestre to the mix.... :)

The old Canny Scot won't show his hand yet, let's wait & see.

Newspapers/TV in England this morning claim a bid for Sol Campbell is iminent....! :D

redrus

This sounds like a "Mirror" journalist has realised that as Campbell doesn't have a club and United don't have any fit central defenders, then come up with his own theory.

You might as well add Micah Richards, Patrick Viera & Mikel Silvestre to the mix.... :)

The old Canny Scot won't show his hand yet, let's wait & see.

How about Nani for Micheal Dawson? Sounds good to me. What do you say Arry? Let's make a deal.

redrus

Which papers? The Sun or NOTW? Can't we just ask Arsene for Sylvestre back? Didn't we loan him to them? :)

Thought he was a free agent . Said he was looking forward to a testimonial after 9 years and Fergie shunted him out the door.He would be fresh as a daisy hardly gets a run at Arsenal.

redrus

Which papers? The Sun or NOTW? Can't we just ask Arsene for Sylvestre back? Didn't we loan him to them? :)

Thought he was a free agent . Said he was looking forward to a testimonial after 9 years and Fergie shunted him out the door.He would be fresh as a daisy hardly gets a run at Arsenal.

I was kidding mate.

I'm glad you were kidding its just about as bizarre as Sol Campbell looking to come into the Unite camp. Dont know about other supporters but Sol has ben away from fotball a long time and in last few outing that Isaw he looked well of the pace.Wth so many medium to long term injuries something has to be done and im wondering if Fergie will consider recalling fron loan duties Craig Cathcart (central defender) and Tom Cleverley (midfielder) both great prospects . De Laet can play right or left full back and he is no slouch either.

Bad result, but one that i could see coming. One of those days when things just don't quite come off. The killer pass missing, the clinical finish in absense.

Would have prefered to have seen Obertan come on instead of Berba, who didn't offer much.

Oh well, not too much ground lost. And hopefully, come the next game, we'll have a few key players back in the fold.

Onwards and upwards my friends....

Villa deserved there win we where out of sorts.

We missed scholes we need a play maker.

Park should not start at home,and why we at home against villa show to much respect and start with one up front?

obertan should have been brought on,we lost our shape with berbatov owen and rooney on together.

All is not lost no real damage on to the next game.

Villa deserved there win we where out of sorts.

Indeed. Apologies for omitting to congratulate them.

We missed scholes we need a play maker.

Perhaps we missed Fletcher playing where he belongs?

Park should not start at home,

Same could be said for Anderson IMO. He blows a bit hot and cold. Never too sure what you're going to get from him.

Brown asleep at the wheel, nice cross by young.

Don't like when Saf goes so defensive at home. Why not giggs instead of park out left and berba and rooney up front to start?

Midfield were crap overall, valencia looked tired and park should only come on if we are up in games as he gives no real threat with evra who is key to our left side penentration.

Pitch was awful.

Other than that all good.