Manchester United

redrus

I have loved the Wolves all my life.

I am ashamed by the depths that this incident have taken them.

Wolves are one of the founders of the Football League, brought the game into the modern era by the " floodlight" games against the best of the world in the fifties, and have stood no matter what you bunch of T&*&&$ers may think as a team of integrity throughout modern times.

This is a disgrace and I do not know which way to turn.

I have loved the Wolves all my life.

I am ashamed by the depths that this incident have taken them.

Wolves are one of the founders of the Football League, brought the game into the modern era by the " floodlight" games against the best of the world in the fifties, and have stood no matter what you bunch of T&*&&$ers may think as a team of integrity throughout modern times.

Fair play, i actually think top flight football needs your lot and Birmingham as theyre big clubs, but something like this does make them look like a Mickey Mouse outfit, i bet the people who went to the game were furious when the teamsheet came out, kind of defeats the object of attending football if youre not going to give 100% to get a result.

At the end of the day id sooner watch a team that may get a result in Divvy 4 then one that does what Plastic Paddy done yesterday.

Fair enough. Your team. Your right to complain.

Out of interest, had you won the game - which you yourself earlier said in this thread wasn't inconceivable had a few things gone your way - honestly, would you now be feeling the way you do in terms of the disgrace?

At the end of the day id sooner watch a team that may get a result in Divvy 4 then one that does what Plastic Paddy done yesterday.

At the end of the day, this semi sentence of yours, helps us all to deceide which school you attented - approved maybe ???? :D

Why "P;astic PaddY" 3 times in 3 posts have you a problem ???? :)

Wake up and smell the coffee.

BT :D

Fair enough. Your team. Your right to complain.

Out of interest, had you won the game - which you yourself earlier said in this thread wasn't inconceivable had a few things gone your way - honestly, would you now be feeling the way you do in terms of the disgrace?

Interesting point.

Bit like playing Lawn Bowls when you win an end with an outrageous wick. You say sorry to your opponent but still take the points.

So if we would have won happy for the points but still unhappy with the way the club's reputation has been tarnished.

:)

Edited by suiging

So if we would have won happy for the points but still unhappy with the way the club's reputation has been tarnished.

So had you beaten us, you'd still feel the club's reputation had been tarnished?

For myself, whenever my team fields a weakened side and still manages to win, all i feel is happy. Club's reputation doesn't come into it.

Truth be told, i happen to agree that it's ridiculous for those Wolves players who played so well against Spurs to immediately need to be rested up. But whatever i or anyone else thinks, i do believe it's a decision for the manager and the manager alone. For outside parties, such as supporters of other clubs, to feel they have some sort of right to demand that certain players are on the pitch for another team is a complete nonsense.

When their team plays another team, do they demand the opposition play their strongest side, and complain if they don't? Didn't think so. A case of supposed sporting ethics being applied selectively, is exactly what we have here.

At the end of the day, this semi sentence of yours, helps us all to deceide which school you attented - approved maybe ???? :D

Why "P;astic PaddY" 3 times in 3 posts have you a problem ???? :)

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Plastic Paddy is what he is, he is a ringer!

McCarthy added: "The lads who played at Tottenham would have all played at Manchester United if they could have done.

"But if we'd then have suffered three or four injuries, I wonder if the question would have been asked, 'why did he play them?'

"We could have been left with no Stephen Ward, no Jody Craddock, no Karl Henry, no Kevin Doyle and no Sylvan Ebanks-Blake because they would have played at Old Trafford, and I can't afford that.

"But they should all be fit and ready for Burnley.

Yeah and all the above players I am sure have been dreaming of playing against Burnley at home. Bugger Old Trafford. I mean who the hel_l would want to play against the champions and at the theatre of dreams not me boss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So had you beaten us, you'd still feel the club's reputation had been tarnished?

Yes

Individualism is the scourge of this generation. I firmly believe there is a moral position that should be considered by those who are in the public eye. Some decisions should be tempered for the greater good and not made with just " me " and " my benefit" in mind

Dont think there is anything like an easy draw once you get to this stage of the competition having said that AC Milan havn't shown a lot this season maybe the legs are getting a bit weary. Of course with Beckham returning its going to be a media circus, he wont bring Posh will he ?

Out played by fulham who fully deservered there win, i know we have our whole defence out ,but our midfield was over ran,and we hardly had a decent chance all daY

Hope this defeat makes fergie realize we need to strength next month and sell some of the dross we have in the team.

Hope we can get our act together for hull as i can see another bad result comming up.

Out played by fulham who fully deservered there win, i know we have our whole defence out ,but our midfield was over ran,and we hardly had a decent chance all daY

Hope this defeat makes fergie realize we need to strength next month and sell some of the dross we have in the team.

Hope we can get our act together for hull as i can see another bad result comming up.

Yep congrats to Fulham. We never looked in it.

Re dross Nev... i think with the notable exception of Nani who is completely pants, that's a little harsh on the other players.

Anyway, I don't think the results should come as a great surprise when you look at our back line and the weird formations we are being forced to employ. I'm not too bothered about SAF going out buying players in after xmas, i'm more anxious that we get back to fitness the players we already have. Do that, and i think we are still in with a shout.

I really think it's time for Scholes to hang up his boots. He's been a legend...but come on, he was WOEFUL yesterday, he "setup" the first goal, almost setup 2 more.

And what was SAF thinking??? 3 man defense consisting of De Laet, Carrick and Fletcher...<deleted> did he think was going to happen? Evra playing left wing (as captain???) with De Laet behind him...?

In my opinion this is one of the worst strategic line-ups i have ever seen United attempt...Hopefully Ferguson will see from this that a one off lucky win against Wolfesburg does not mean this strategy will ever work again...

Once we switched to a 4-4-2 we looked like a totally different team

I really think it's time for Scholes to hang up his boots. He's been a legend...but come on, he was WOEFUL yesterday, he "setup" the first goal, almost setup 2 more.

I thought the same, he is finished just hope he realises it himself, but like many a boxer theyre the last to realise, always thought he wanted to play for his boyhood team Oldham before hanging up his boots.

What was most worrying about the first goal wasn't him giving the ball away cheaply it was the way he just stood and watched and didn't even attempt to track back. But that said, i still think he has something to offer and can just as easily turn a game as he can make the odd mistake. Giggs is much the same. In my opinion these legends bring more to the team than they take away - not least in the dressing room. On the pitch it's just about using them at the right time.

Fair play to Fullham,with Aston Villa far and away the most improved teams in the competition.

This is not in hindsight but why was

(a) Raphael not in the run on side at RFB which would have meant a back four of Raphael, Carrick. De laet and Evra.

(:) Fetcher could have then played right mid field where he excels.

© Wellbeck comes on and plays cental striker and Rooney has to push out wide left. Who is better suited in the middle ??

Only positive was the continued good form of Uniteds keeper and lastly when was the last time United didnt force ONE SINGLE SAVE from the opposition keeper, ? not in my living memory. Shambolic and a day to forget

Only positive was the continued good form of Uniteds keeper and lastly when was the last time United didnt force ONE SINGLE SAVE from the opposition keeper, ? not in my living memory. Shambolic and a day to forget

Agreed with that, Kuszczak was excellent (pretty odd to be saying the keeper was excellent when United are beaten 3-0).

He really has cemented his place as the next United #1. It's a stark contrast to the way Foster flopped when he was given his chance.

Dave and whichschool have to agree about scholesy time to go,i will be sad to see him retire my favourite player,but yesterday i felt sorry for him he hadhisworst game ever for united,i still hink he has a part to play this season but i can see it being his last.

We really needto bring in a play maker or world class quality,fergie has said there is no quality in the market now,what a load of crap, we could have had robben a snidder(SPELL?) both went cheaply.

When i said dross in my last post what i meant was we have a lot of players not united quality and time for a few to go,as we need to sell to buy one or two world class players.

Hope this run of form continues till after the Carling Cup semi final :D

No worry mate we will play the kids in your cup final to give you a chance,i am really looking forward to the two semi's should be cracking games. :)

Its a bit late but I just have to :)

all together now ............

" SUPER , SUPER DAN , SUPER , SUPER DAN , SUPER , SUPER DAN , SUPER DANNY MURPHY !!! "

And i bet you wish he was still playing for you as your midfield is crap!!

What was most worrying about the first goal wasn't him giving the ball away cheaply it was the way he just stood and watched and didn't even attempt to track back. But that said, i still think he has something to offer and can just as easily turn a game as he can make the odd mistake. Giggs is much the same. In my opinion these legends bring more to the team than they take away - not least in the dressing room. On the pitch it's just about using them at the right time.

Agree totally Up ,and until last night ,Scholes had the highest percentage of completed pases in the whole competition. We know he had a shocker last night and dont think he doesnt know it.Is he likely to have another game like last night ? very unlikley.This mentality of getting rid of class players .no matter what their age, on the basis of one bad game is really pathetic. Did Rooney have a good game last night ? no never looked like being on target. Was it a good perormance ? no and pumping long balls up the middle with Rooney and Owen on the short side was pub football. If United cant get some defenders back ASAP they are in trouble.In any team you build from the back and at the moment you cant expect the likes of Carrick and Fletcher to suddenly become stoppers. Time for a deep breath everyone.

Its a bit late but I just have to :)

all together now ............

" SUPER , SUPER DAN , SUPER , SUPER DAN , SUPER , SUPER DAN , SUPER DANNY MURPHY !!! "

And i bet you wish he was still playing for you as your midfield is crap!!

sawadee again Nev................ Mascherano , Gerrard ??????????

<deleted>!

Sawadee Cap again Mr T :D

how's about we organize a nice football forum beer night in Bangkok for Christmas and New Year .

I've got to and am happy to buy BigToe a LARGE beer and hope some of the old original footie lads can join in aswell

:):D

Hi Scouse Mouse, YES I am in, what about a meet in Crossbar, all old members and New members welcome ???????

Will TRY and make a New Post for our Night,.

<deleted>!

Sawadee Cap again Mr T :D

how's about we organize a nice football forum beer night in Bangkok for Christmas and New Year .

I've got to and am happy to buy BigToe a LARGE beer and hope some of the old original footie lads can join in aswell

:):D

I'll be in Bkk on around the 2nd to the 4th..........?????

redrus